Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Canelo/DAZN Deal Will End PPV Boxing In the United States

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zok310 View Post
    They can move to espn app, there by giving espn a reason to up their app cost to $10 just like dazn.
    Apps are here to stay folks and their subscriptions modles are more accessible and less costly to consumers, not to mention you can literally watch streaming app content anywhere any place with wifi and reception.
    This post is correct. What people dont realize it that this model still allows for and will exploit the PPV model.

Just look at WWE and UFC for where things are headed.

That's why ESPN (espn+), FOX(app coming soon), and Showtime (over 4M app subs and is the fastest growing in its category) all mentioned PPV in their boxing content deal press releases.

Comment

Originally posted by qwickm3 View Post
      I can tell you who is very happy about this deal. PBC and Top Rank. One less PPV distributor to have to deal with. And even if streaming is the future ( which I don't necessary buy) there will always be a large group of people who want to pick up a remote and point it at their large TV, not figure out how to cast it or hook up their computer to their TV via an HDMI cable. Keep it simple stupid
      Add to that that fans can go to sport bars and be able to see PBC fights. Sports bars are already setup to show Showtime and Fox fights through their satellite and cable providers. You can't go to sports bar and watch any DAZN or ESPN+ fights because they aren't set up to stream fights via apps. I have yet to find any in my area and the owners I 've asked said it wasn't worth their while to switch up their setup to show 2 or 3 fights a year. They would have to switch to smart tvs or add streaming devices to current tvs and have to worry about having a strong enough wifi connection to handle multiple tvs

Comment

Originally posted by Jblo View Post
        Bob arum already said that a couple years ago thats why he made the deal with espn and they just had the most televised fight 2.2 million viewers
        https://www.boxingscene.com/thurman-...d-374m--114381

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          More & more people & places are buying smart TV's. I'm not even 100% sure if it IS an issue, but when I looked up if Netflix would be a problem for a establishment to stream it was stated "yea, but..." basically with about the worst thing that could happen to you is a cease and desist letter & they'd cancel your account potentially.

Idk for a fact that Netflix & DAZN is an apples to apples comparison. And idk why DAZN (or ESPN) would even wanna f#ck with a bar showing their product. It could be a great way to get their product out there to the masses in fact & add new subscribers as seeing fights at the bar could end up being a free sample to try out the service without any credit card bs. I mean I don't think its even unreasonable to suspect THAT many people would be a fan of DAZN for viewing at bars & not wanna pay the $10 to watch at their leisure when they aren't at the bar. So I think bars showing DAZN athletic events is ultimately a net positive for DAZN most likely.

But we shall see one way or another. I definitely don't think if DAZN & ESPN took over boxing today that we've seen our last fight in a bar or theater.
          The problem with bars showing DAZN or ESPN fights means that they would have to switch up their whole setup. Its not about DAZN or ESPN+ *****ing with bars showing their product, its about whether bar owners want to go through the hassle of investing money to switch out tvs if they aint smart tvs or having to attach Firesticks or Rokus to existing TVS. Add to that having a strong enough internet connection speed to be able to stream multiple tvs at once.

Comment

That's not nice...

Don't troll their ignorance that way.

It would've better nicer to link to Wilder's 1.8M views with no football lead-in programming, while the UFC PPV and Kovalev were on lol

Comment

Hearn says Wilder/Fury potentially might not even crack 250k.
              Explains Alvarez & the future of PPV, GEE & Charlo

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                Eddie is saving Murica
                "the historic deal Canelo Alvarez, Golden Boy Promotions and DAZN have struck"

Where does it say eddie?

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
                  and making boxing great again!!
                  Like not giving us D.Wilder/Aj?

Comment

Originally posted by dmlarge View Post
                    They over paid Canelo. Canelo need to fight good fighter to make Dazn deal worth while. If he starts losing then that deal is garbage.
                    I think your over paid to even think Nelo doesn't deserve it....LMMFAO!

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
                      Making American boxing great again
                      Yeah cuz you don't want D.Wilder getting at Aj….LMMFAO!

Comment

Working...
                      X