Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Manager on Possible Hearn Deal, Status of Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    A pitiful lie, Luis Ortiz fought in GayJ's undercard when Joshua defended the IBF vs. Eric Molina. Why is Molina good enough, who was Deontay's leftovers and even Eddie Hearn dismissed publicly, but 'King-Kong' was not worthy at a shot?! LAUGHABLE.
    How is it a lie? I think the pitiful lie here is you saying Hearn screwed Ortiz out of a promised mandatory wba shot against aj when Ortiz left Hearn before aj was even the wba champion.

The idea was to build a fight with aj so him fighting on his undercard makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
      Molina was forced on Joshua by Haymon along with Breazeale as he demanded two options on AJ in return for allowing the Charles Martin IBF title fight.

If Ortiz hadn't bailed in favour of going the WBC route maybe he'd have got his shot? Although he'd not impressed against Allen or Scott as posters above have observed.
      If you want to be a champion, don't you take the first opportunity offered? To me it seemed like a low risk decision. Win, you're champ. Lose, you don't necessarily lose your mandatory spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
        Molina was forced on Joshua by Haymon along with Breazeale as he demanded two options on AJ in return for allowing the Charles Martin IBF title fight.

If Ortiz hadn't bailed in favour of going the WBC route maybe he'd have got his shot? Although he'd not impressed against Allen or Scott as posters above have observed.
        More lies! Eric Molina was a last minute replacement for Wladimir Klitschko as Wlad suffered a injury leading up to their mega-fight in Wembely, nobody not even Eddie Hearn wanted Eric Molina.

Stop with these excuses ; Hearn could of got Luis Ortiz in there instead with Joshua but they rather not ruin their plans to fight old-washed up Wladimir Klitshcko.

Comment

War King Kong, war! You need to fight before you become a fossil

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            He signed for the fight last year.

If he won he'd be a title holder, which loses him his mandatory spot. If he lost, he lost and loses the mandatory spot. It just so happens he failed a test before the fight happened and lost it anyway. FFS, think........
            FFS where in the WBA rules does it say you lose your mandatory position for losing a bout? Especially to the champion of another organization. FFS you were inaccurate with your statement...get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
              How is it a lie? I think the pitiful lie here is you saying Hearn screwed Ortiz out of a promised mandatory wba shot against aj when Ortiz left Hearn before aj was even the wba champion.

The idea was to build a fight with aj so him fighting on his undercard makes sense.
              Your post in inconsquential to mine, as you missed the bigger picture, the point was : regardless of which title Oritz would of stood to gain, the fact remains Ortiz was signed to Eddie Hearns but Hearns protected Joshua and decided to give lesser challengers like : Breazeale, Molina opportunities that Ortiz had EARNED, fighting for Matchroom on SKY.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                He had his chance and blew it terrible performance against ALLEN and Scott. Fake fighters the lot of them
                NO NO NO that's not what happened!!

Ortiz looked like The Juggernaut in those 2 fights, striking fear into the hearts of every heavyweight EXCEPT of course for Deontay Wilder, the coolest black man on planet earth and P4P hardest puncher in human history.
                Last edited by Zn1; 10-17-2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Guys, I just want to know, how many times did the great Eric Molina impressed you all in the UK? or how about telling me whats your favorite Dominic Breazeale performance on English soil?

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    FFS where in the WBA rules does it say you lose your mandatory position for losing a bout? Especially to the champion of another organization. FFS you were inaccurate with your statement...get over it.
                    You think Ortiz losing wouldn't affect his WBA ranking?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
                      Usyk vs. Ortiz on April 13th would be nice.
                      I don’t know it’s a great fight career wise for usyk, although if he does win it would show him to be highly credible at the weight

From a fan perspective though I’d love to see it

Comment

Working...
                      X