No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN To Stream Canelo-Fielding Card, Future Canelo Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
    You still need Hearn consent, he's the programming director for DAZN BOXING content. He has the exclusive rights.

Contracts matter.
    Hearn could easily step aside, signing a waiver to do so.

It's in his best interest for Canelo to go there. Considering DAZN can withdraw from the eight year deal at the 2 year mark, if certain thresholds are not met (subscriber numbers for one), if Canelo boosts their numbers, it can keep Hearn and his other fighters working.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
      Thru Golden Boy or Matchroom??
      If GBP brings their stable which it looks like will be the case, then they probably won't be co-promoting with Matchroom and instead will be putting on their own shows. I want to know how many dates they were able to get. Matchroom already has 16 US dates plus 16 more UK dates and then you have the WBSS fights. Will GBP get themselves about six-eight dates a year? And I know Canelo will have multiple fights on DAZN, but how about when he does have a legitimate PPV fight? Then what? Who puts the PPV on?

Comment

When can we expect the price increase or a DAZN+

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
          1. There is no official DAZN press release, number 1.

2. DAZN has an EXCLUSIVE contract with Hearn regarding all boxing content. There will be lawsuits if they allow another boxing promoter to broadcast on their platform without his consent and or involvement.

3. Fielding is a EDDIE HEARN fighter...does anyone believe that Hearn is not evolved somehow in this deal.

4. De La Hoya is a known liar...remember he lied and said that his head was photoshop on a man wearing a women's laced outfit with gloves before coming clean.

Golden Boy doesn't have to share the promotion rights with Hearn to make a deal...but he has to get some type of consent so a deal has to be in there somewhere.

Kovalev/Alvarez 2 is a Main Event production being broadcast on ESPN but Top Rank is involved somehow.
          LOL #4 very true

Comment

Impressive get for DAZN.

Comment

Eddie is saving Murica

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                If GBP brings their stable which it looks like will be the case, then they probably won't be co-promoting with Matchroom and instead will be putting on their own shows. I want to know how many dates they were able to get. Matchroom already has 16 US dates plus 16 more UK dates and then you have the WBSS fights. Will GBP get themselves about six-eight dates a year? And I know Canelo will have multiple fights on DAZN, but how about when he does have a legitimate PPV fight? Then what? Who puts the PPV on?
                The economics of a canelo deal didn't make much sense when I just did some quick math lol

I'm wondering where the "PPV" fights fall into play here. This seems like Oscar might've swindled 8 or so cards out of Dazn for a guarantee of 1 Canelo cherry per year.

Paying Canelo $30M per fight doesn't seem to be worth the subscriber bumb.

This deal must be a GBP content play, where Canelo will fight a few times on the app for lower money.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                  The economics of a canelo deal didn't make much sense when I just did some quick math lol

I'm wondering where the "PPV" fights fall into play here. This seems like Oscar might've swindled 8 or so cards out of Dazn for a guarantee of 1 Canelo cherry per year.

Paying Canelo $30M per fight doesn't seem to be worth the subscriber bumb.

This deal must be a GBP content play, where Canelo will fight a few times on the app for lower money.
                  I mean if you are doing the quick math off of how many subscribers it will take to get their money back, that's not the way to go about it. Of course DAZN won't get enough subscribers for that, but they can start to build their base and get their name out. Right now no one knows what the hell DAZN is. GBP most definitely used Canelo to get dates for the rest of the stable. I still want to know who puts on Canelo vs GGG III. Because sorry, as much money as DAZN has, they aren't putting over $60 million for that. Canelo I'm guessing will be fighting on multiple networks, not just DAZN.

Comment

Hearn is NOT the owner of WBSS.

Hearn does NOT have an exclusive contract with DAZN. j

Comment

DAZN here I come!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X