Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Among any welterweights in history, who would have beaten Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRR, SRL, Hearns, maybe Spence....
    that off the top of my head.

Comment

I don't think you have to dig into the ATGs in the 80s for someone who can beat Floyd. Paul Williams would have beaten him if they ever fought. Same with Margaritto. Big pressure fighters who PBF won't be able to keep off him with his pitty pat pot shots.

Comment

I'm not sure Floyd takes such dangerous fights.

Comment

Originally posted by badass316 View Post
          I don't think you have to dig into the ATGs in the 80s for someone who can beat Floyd. Paul Williams would have beaten him if they ever fought. Same with Margaritto. Big pressure fighters who PBF won't be able to keep off him with his pitty pat pot shots.
          Yeah, avoided Marg pretty well to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
            If sparring rumors count, then amateur floyd gave pernell whitaker work. So I guess that cancels out his sparring "loss" to spence in his mid 30s.
            nothing cancels anything out. Would it really surprise u if floyd gave pw work? Floyd spars different then he fights when it counts and as said spence handed floyd his ass which is why floyd kicked him out of his gym that day. Spence is a bad man!

Comment

Mickey Walker
              Fritzie Zivic
              Ray Robinson
              Henry Armstrong
              Kid Gavilan
              Carmen Basilio
              Luis Rodriquez
              Emile Griffith
              Jose Napoles
              Roberto Duran
              Ray Leonard
              Tommy Hearns
              Wildredo Benitez
              Prime Pacquiao
              Paul Williams
              Felix Trinidad
              Pernell Whitaker
              Prime De La Hoya (though I had him winning)
              Prime Mosley

Possibly Billy Graham, Vernon Forrest, Bud Crawford, Carlos Palomino, Khan and Thurman

Comment

Leonard, Robinson, Hearns and perhaps even Duran.

Comment

De La Hoya

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    You used a fight where he was 37 years old and way past his prime as reasoning for why prime ATG's beat him.

It's a totally flawed line of thinking in literally every way and I don't know how I can make that easier to understand.

It's the equivalent to me saying Prime Floyd destroy's Armstrong because Chester Slider beat Armstrong. It's illogical it makes no sense.

Yawn ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
                      Pac also had hand speed, foot work, power, but all were nullified by Floyd's ringmanship. Floyd outpoints his opponent every round and just cruises to victory. How do you think will Hearns approach that fighting style?
                      He will jab his head off and when Floyd retreats he won't follow him. What's Floyd going to do then. He will probably run around the perimeter of the ring while Hearns stands there waiting for Floyd to come in on him. It's Tommy's reach that is a big problem for Floyd. Tommy has a huge reach and height advantage. Go watch some of Tommy's fights at Welter. Hearns was a very very good boxer with huge power and fast hands.

Comment

Working...
                      X