Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Among any welterweights in history, who would have beaten Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
    Hearns, leonard, prime pac, duran
    "Hit Man" Hearns, "Hand of Stone" Duran, Kostya Tszyu, a prime "Golden Boy," a prime "Pac-Man" and SRL but there would be a lot of dancing!

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
      "Hit Man" Hearns, "Hand of Stone" Duran, Kostya Tszyu, a prime "Golden Boy," a prime "Pac-Man" and SRL but there would be a lot of dancing!
      That’d be wars in their primes.
      I think hitman has the best chance. And SRL.

Followed by
      Prime pac/duran
      Hoya
      Then tszyu.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        Hearns is only WW I'd pick to KO or stop Floyd.

I think Leonard would beat him in a close UD. Floyd's defense is too good for him to get stopped against Sugar Ray. Floyd would be a tough fight for Leonard, even I see him losing.

Duran is another close one, but I'll lean towards him because I'm biased and not ashamed about lol. Duran is one of my top favorite fighters ever, he could do it all.

Whitaker would be another tough one as some posters mentioned, but I think Floyd beats him.

Modern legends like Pac, Floyd, etc. always get the shaft in fantasy fights because people overrate fighters from older generations. Win or lose, I think Floyd could hold his own against any ATG Welterweight. I'm no Mayweather fan, but he's a great boxer and has proved me wrong many times.
        Highly agree. They all act like Floyd wouldn’t have a game plan or would come out there swinging his chin in the air lol.

If prime Floyd fights off the backfoot he’ll be tough to hit no matter who you are. And i’m no super fan of his.

Floyd will fight too cautiously against hearns. Resulting in hearn loving the pace and distance of the fight, either by winning UD or KO if he catches Floyd making a mistake.

Against Duran will either be a good war or Floyd outboxes him throwing minimal output with so much booos from the crowd. Or Duran closes the distance and continuously work the body.

Thing is Floyd didn’t fight anybody at their level so yep i get where the haters are coming from.
        Prime Pac would have been one.
        Last edited by dibzvincent143; 10-16-2018, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Hearns is the only one I would pick to beat him. He is Mayweather's worse style match up. He had a great jab, great hand speed and amazing reach. Floyd gets bothered by a good jab and good feints. Hearns outboxes him, the power helps but isnt what wins him the fight. Hearns outboxed SRL dont forget.

SRL would be a very close fight, could very well beat him with his size, reach, power and speed though its not as much of a guarantee as hearns.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
            Pac also had hand speed, foot work, power, but all were nullified by Floyd's ringmanship. Floyd outpoints his opponent every round and just cruises to victory. How do you think will Hearns approach that fighting style?

Hearns had the reach of a heavyweight at 78", with top hand speed and skills on top of that. Hes very precise with an excellent jab. Floyd has had the reach advantage in almost every single fight, 72" is above even most light middleweights, his style is based on that. The pull counter, ect based on his excellent control of range using his reach advantage.

Mcgreggor was a very awkward fight, he had a 74" reach and only an inch or two taller than Mayweather at 5-9. Mayweather had to push his way inside to get to him, something hes not used to doing. And Mayweather had zero concern for his punching power. Versus hearns he will be super cautious, so he is left boxing him on the outside, I doubt he will try to get inside. SRL was behind on points in the 14th vs hearns, was being outboxed and had to go for the KO, hes a natural welter with more power than Floyd, floyd cant score a KO like that. Everyone else that stopped hearns was at 160, 168 ect.

What does floyd do with him on the outside, when the pull counter doesnt work, while being super cautious not to get caught? I cant see any way he wins vs hearns. He will loose on connect rate and activity.

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
              spence already handed floyd his ass at floyds gym.

If sparring rumors count, then amateur floyd gave pernell whitaker work. So I guess that cancels out his sparring "loss" to spence in his mid 30s.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                People saying Duran really don't understand styles. Mayweather is Durans worst nightmare.
                Agreed.

Pryor is Floyds toughest matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  So let me get this straight...your bothering me because the OP asked about Floyd at welter in a general way, with no stipulatons, and the bug up your @33 is that because we have some indications that Floyd is susceptable to pressure because of the Madiana fight, you feel that there are absolutely no indications because Floyd was older.

First off Castillo was a problem he was a pressure guy, that was prime floyd, so we can assume some correlation with the same style when madiana gave him problems. I said a correlation.

Dan the madiana fight is not the only reason I think Floyd would have those problems. I know that won't be good enough for you so let me say here this is just too ******ed to debate. There are many correlations and they can figure into an opinion without being absolute. Madianna and Castillo are correlations. They give us some information.
                  You used a fight where he was 37 years old and way past his prime as reasoning for why prime ATG's beat him.

It's a totally flawed line of thinking in literally every way and I don't know how I can make that easier to understand.

It's the equivalent to me saying Prime Floyd destroy's Armstrong because Chester Slider beat Armstrong. It's illogical it makes no sense.

Comment

A peak Manny would have been a good fight. Errol Spence has the potential. Kahn could have asked question nobody else has.........i am 35 and nobody in my life time would beat him

Comment

Originally posted by MELLY-MEL... View Post
                      Srr, srl. Maybe hearns, duran
                      ... yes... (Spence?)...

Comment

Working...
                      X