Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Accepts Dillian Whyte's Offer To Fight on 12/22 in UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    This fight ain't happening if Hearn can't get a 3 fight DAZN deal out of Ortiz. That's why Ortiz said fight him on the Wilder undercard where Whyte can have a one and done fight

Did y'all forget Hearn had Ortiz and wouldn't let him anywhere near Whyte or Joshua?
    There's nothing wrong with my memory, and I distinctly recall that Whyte called out Ortiz when he was with Matchroom and Hearn threw Dave Allen in with Ortiz instead of Dillian.

I also distinctly remember Ortiz jumping ship to Haymon and fighting Wilder instead of waiting for his WBA mando shot against AJ.

You don't sign a mandatory challenger and put him on the champions undercard if you intend trying to duck him ... and you can't duck him anyway .. because he's a mandatory challenger!

When Povetkin took over Ortiz's WBA mando spot, Hearn did exactly the same thing with him as he did with Ortiz ... he put him on AJ's undercard against a well known UK domestic HW he was certain to beat, in order to build up interest in the mando when it was ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      The Brits can't afford that to happen...AGAIN! Hearn has to make this fight to save face!
      Not sure about that.

It’s only you lot that are obsessed with Ortiz.

Chisora was a FOTY here

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        Not sure about that.

It’s only you lot that are obsessed with Ortiz.

Chisora was a FOTY here
        To UK fans, Ortiz is known only as that fat old Cuban guy who looked shit against Dave Allen and got KTFO by Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
          I was mocking that guy. I'm English.
          LOL, fair enough mate - you fooled me with the accent-based spelling.
          I'm a relative noob to this forum, so still getting a feel for the banter. Switched across from BN24, which was pretty much troll-city with little to no actual boxing knowledge involved in the "discussions".

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            To UK fans, Ortiz is known only as that fat old Cuban guy who looked shit against Dave Allen and got KTFO by Wilder.
            Allen also ruined him in the post fight. He took that fight on a weeks notice and left the ring to go to KFC.

It’s still a good fight and maybe Ortiz will be cheaper than Chisora.

I’d be very surprised if Whyte didn’t beat him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              I wouldn't go as far as saying he looked **** against Dave Allen, just bang average. However, against Malik Scott.... Ortiz definitely looked **** in that one. Put both fights together, and you can see why Hearn let him go and why Warren never tried to pick him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
                LOL, fair enough mate - you fooled me with the accent-based spelling.
                I'm a relative noob to this forum, so still getting a feel for the banter. Switched across from BN24, which was pretty much troll-city with little to no actual boxing knowledge involved in the "discussions".
                Haha, I was caught out too quite a lot when I first joined.

I would defend boxers other posters were taking the piss out of sarcastically.

Like when a video of Khan on one of those arcade punching machines, posters were jokingly criticising the punch technique and I jumped in defending it

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  I dont know, it could turn-out pretty good for Luis : he got a shot at the WBC despite failing a PED test, is in line ( apparently ) for Whyte, which could be some UK PPV, provided he wins -- which is likely, Ortiz is once again in line for Wilder-Fury winner; possibly as the mando. Not bad.
                  I think he had a better chance against AJ then Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                    Whyte gets brutally knocked out of this happens. Parker nearly knocked Whyte out with his pillow fists.
                    Ortiz got rocked by Dave Allen so by your logic Whyte wins 1st round KO and Parkers more gun shy than pillow fisted anyway.

Being real this looks like a good matchup whoever gasses first loses IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                      People were so unimpressed by Ortiz that no-one had any interest in him. They were expecting to see this feared ferocious Cuban but instead he struggled to get dave Allen out of there and went the distance with Malik Scott. I remember the casual fans were slaughtering him in the comments section saying he was useless
                      Ortiz fighting against Malik Scott was the first time I ever got the chance to see him fight. A disgusting dire performance even though Malik was to blame but nobody is calling him World class so he is excused.

Having said that I do feel he has the beating of Whyte. Which is why my money will be on Ortiz fight night but my heart will.... also be with Ortiz because my heart always follows my money wherever it decides to go

Comment

Working...
                      X