Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just don't get why it's so hard for GGG fans to admit canelo won.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
    I see no connection between such groups. Don't know why you people keep making this association. I never see Pacboy, Spoon, etc., in any Golovkin thread. They obviously don't see GGG as another Manny to be a fan of.
    you literally named 2 posters

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
      Golovkin also did some great things in the fight, he actually showed he could also move and fight on the back foot. He made adjustments himself.
      Why was this called "running" when canelo did it in the first fight?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        you literally named 2 posters
        Two prominently active Manny fans in the past. And since you're the one making the assumption, why don't you name the others?

Comment

Some of them have trouble seeing because their hoods are too big

Comment

This is boxing. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Personally, I thought GGG won the fight by 3 points but I don't have a problem with judges for scoring it for Canelo because a lot of those rounds were close.

I thought Alvarez made several minor adjustments in the rematch like: Staying off the ropes, landing the cleaner power punches and being the aggressor; Although not the effective aggressor because he was still eating a lot of shots while coming forward, as he forced Gennady to fight off the back foot.

Prizefighting is a subjective exercise. Judges come in with a built in preference, bias or partiality for a particular fighting style and fighter.

This time the judges favored Canelo's non effective aggressiveness and cleaner power punching over Golovkin's jabs and ring generalship. In the end the judges scored this fight on body language.

In other words, they scored it for the man who they believed that wanted it the most and in that case it was Saul Canelo Alvarez.

Comment

I'm a ggg fan but I believe canelo won. The fight was close, if people thought golovkin edged it by a round i wouldn't argue. The sport can be subjective, especially when people get emotionally attached.

Comment

same reason Canelo fans can't accept that the majority of people felt Canelo lost both fights and there's a good case that he did.

same reason a lot of Floyd fans can't accept that plenty of people thought he lost to Castillo and Floyd haters are adamant that he did.

same reason Kovalev and Ward fans still argue about the first fight.

Fans are always going to side with their fighter in the event of a close or controversial decision.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
                  Golovkin also did some great things in the fight, he actually showed he could also move and fight on the back foot. He made adjustments himself.
                  That doesn't count.

Only Canelo can make adjustments.

Eastern Euros aren't capable of making adjustments. It's not in their inferior DNA.

Now Canelo has euro blood but it's western Euro. A few of them can adjust but only a few. They usually don't do well either.

#TheDemographic

Comment

I had it a draw. This was Canelos best performance, against a GGG who looked a little old the first half (although he looked better in the second half).

And it was only good enough for a draw. But he got the benefit in the cards, as well as the 1st fight, which GGG clearly won

Comment

I love how certain guys accuse others of "jumping ship" to other boxers because the guys they just so happen to root for somehow always get the win, despite the majority thinking the contrary. These guys aren't any better than the people they reference in multiple threads. Just because you tend to back the house fighter or get lucky on calling the winner, doesn't make you some clairvoyant or boxing expert.

Comment

Working...
                      X