Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I'd Love To Make Luis Ortiz vs. Dillian Whyte For Dec. 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    You're attacking me personally because my argument put you in checkmate.

It's a fact that Whyte pulled out of the Ortiz fight. If the fight is worth so much in the UK, Whyte should have gone through with the purse bid. However, just like he lost the IBF purse bid to Pulev and pulled out rather than being a man and honoring the bid, he wasn't willing to fight Ortiz in the US and clearly wasn't confident he'd win the bid.

If I was really spewing crap, you'd be able to prove me wrong. But you can't. So you make up lies about me to change the subject.

I have never ever claimed to work for the WBC. You're lying. Yes, I am a promoter and have promoted events since the 90s. So?
    Who am i attacking? The promoter, Wilders toilet cleaner, the guy that works for the WBC? When you are proven with links on certain subjects that you spew bull**** you come up with the "I know more than you, i work in the sport and suck shirley winkels ****"

You're a genuine insane person. I've said it for years. I don't know how anyone can believe the bull**** you spew without any eidence of who you are. But when they do they get the old "put thousands in escrow"

INSANE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Who am i attacking? The promoter, Wilders toilet cleaner, the guy that works for the WBC?
      Nobody from this account has EVER claimed to work for the WBC. You made that up.

When you are proven with links on certain subjects that you spew bull**** you come up with the "I know more than you, i work in the sport
      I do know more than you. I do work in the sport. If you post links to filed purses, I will point out that they're bogus. They've been bogus for at least 60 years, if not longer. Going back to the IBC and way before. Why would you possibly file your real purse when you're taxed and charged sanctioning fees on your purse? Not to mention expected to kick a percentage to your trainer, etc?

You have no idea how this sport works.

Comment

Nobody from this account has EVER claimed to work for the WBC. You made that up.

I do know more than you. I do work in the sport. If you post links to filed purses, I will point out that they're bogus. They've been bogus for at least 60 years, if not longer. Going back to the IBC and way before. Why would you possibly file your real purse when you're taxed and charged sanctioning fees on your purse? Not to mention expected to kick a percentage to your trainer, etc?

You have no idea how this sport works.
        YOU have no idea. Hiding behind a lie that you work in the sport and everytime you **** up blaming it on Wilders toilet cleaner whom also uses the account doesn't work to anyone with half a brain. I'm just bored of your bull**** tbh.

Comment

YOU have no idea. Hiding behind a lie that you work in the sport
          If you think I'm full of ****, bet me. It's as simple as that. Put your money where your mouth is.

Comment

If you think I'm full of ****, bet me. It's as simple as that. Put your money where your mouth is.
            ZZZZzzzz same old ****. You're an insane person with an obsession with the WBC and Wilder. Which of the 3 people am i supposed to be talking to right now? The promoter,the toilet cleaner or the WBC guy? Hard to tell, all 3 of you construct your sentences and argue the same way and all have the same obsession with the WBC and Wilder.

The chances of that actually being true must be pretty ****ing tiny.

Comment

ZZZZzzzz same old ****. You're an insane person with an obsession with the WBC and Wilder. Which of the 3 people am i supposed to be talking to right now? The promoter,the toilet cleaner or the WBC guy? Hard to tell, all 3 of you construct your sentences and argue the same way and all have the same obsession with the WBC and Wilder.

The chances of that actually being true must be pretty ****ing tiny.
              Sounds like that dumb racist that runs boxing lounge 2.0. These insane racist propaganda spewing thugs that nuthugg on wilder or Broner types that best represent their culture.

Comment

ZZZZzzzz same old ****.
                Yes, same old ****. I prove you wrong. You whine about it. I offer to bet you, you don't have the balls to do it. Rinse and repeat.

https://www.nysun.com/sports/ignorin...-nevada/11026/

Boxing is systemically corrupt. When something in the sweet science doesn't look right, most likely it isn't. Right now, something doesn't look right in Nevada.

On September 18, 2004, Oscar De La Hoya and Bernard Hopkins fought in Las Vegas for the undisputed middleweight championship, a bout promoted by Bob Arum's company, Top Rank. Hopkins and his attorney have testified under oath that Bernard's purse for the De La Hoya fight was $8 million plus $7 for each pay-per-view buy above 800,000. De La Hoya-Hopkins engendered one million pay-preview buys.

Here's the rub. Last September, Top Rank filed an official bout agreement between themselves and Hopkins with the Nevada State Athletic Commission. The Hopkins bout agreement was signed by a representative of Top Rank and Hopkins himself and stated that Hopkins would receive $4 million as full compensation for his services and performance in the fight. The De La Hoya contract submitted to the commission was similarly flawed. It stated that De La Hoya's purse was $8 million, which was less than half of Oscar's actual minimum guarantee.

It's possible that Top Rank filed phony contracts with the Nevada Commission to help Hopkins and De La Hoya avoid paying the full fees that would otherwise have been due to the world sanctioning organizations that sanctioned the bout. Sanctioning fees are based on a percentage of each fighter's purse.

This theory with regard to the false filing is lent credence by a September 8, 2004, letter from Todd duBoef (Arum's son-in-law and a Top Rank vice president) to the World Boxing Association and International Boxing Federation.

That letter states, "Top Rank has been directed by the representatives of the above referenced fighters that the purses filed with the Nevada State Athletic Commission for their September 18, 2004, bout will be the following: Oscar De La Hoya $8,000,000; Bernard Hopkins $4,000,000."

The IBF is now suing both Hopkins and De La Hoya in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, claiming breach of contract and fraud with intent to underpay the sanctioning fees. The WBA and World Boxing Council may soon follow suit.

One can construct a strong legal and ethical argument for minimizing the fees that are paid to world sanctioning organizations in conjunction with championship bouts. It's not uncommon for skilled fighters to be denied championship opportunities, while less-talented but better-connected boxers fight for belts.

Also, the "alphabet-soup" organizations have been known to engage in the bogus rating of fighters. Under federal law, one penalty for this misconduct is a court order that precludes the culpable sanctioning body from collecting sanctioning fees for any fight.

However, filing false documents with a government agency is an improper remedy, one punishable in Nevada by a minimum of one year and a maximum of five years in prison.

To date, the response of the authorities in Nevada has been disheartening. Chief Deputy Attorney General Keith Kizer (who represents the NSAC) said last week, "Sometimes, particularly with foreign fighters, deals are structured so that a fighter is paid a certain amount for his participation in a fight and then he's paid a separate amount for the use of his name and likeness in promoting the bout or for publicity services in his native land." Kizer further suggested that perhaps Hopkins was paid $4,000,000 for the fight and $4,000,000 more for the use of his image in advertising.

But Bernard isn't that good looking; his likeness is not worth $4 million. And in some instances, phony filings go beyond the downsizing of sanctioning fees and instead pave the way for tax fraud.

For example, when a foreign citizen fights in the United States, 30% of his TOTAL purse is supposed to be withheld for the Internal Revenue Service. And let's not forget, on January 6, 2004, a dozen FBI agents raided the offices of Top Rank as part of an ongoing investigation that is believed to center on fixed fights, the submission of phony medical documents, and tax fraud with regard to purses paid to foreign nationals for fights that took place in Nevada.

For a long time, the Nevada State Athletic Commission was viewed as a role model for what a boxing regulatory commission should be. To be fair, it still has many good things going for it. Raymond "Skip" Avansino, who assumed the chairmanship earlier this year, has a reputation for being capable and honest. The staff is knowledgeable.

But if the NSAC looks the other way when phony bout agreements are submitted, where on the slippery slope does other misconduct lie? Will the Commission look the other way when a fighter gets less than his officially reported purse rather than more? Will it condone the submission of false medical documents that endanger fighters' lives?

In boxing, as with other government-regulated activity, the integrity of public records should be preserved. That isn't being done right now in Nevada.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Anyone with any boxing brains or fan of this sport, would prefer Ortiz/Whyte on its own card rather than Ortiz/TBA as an undercard fight. Ortiz/Whyte is not going to happen on any undercard, you don’t go from headlining your own PPV card to fighting on an undercard to someone is headlining his first PPV card. December 22 make this happen.
                  Can't agree more. Ortiz should jump on this if they are serious. I will be Skeptical, as the Chisora fight will probably be easier to make and with an opponent that is a more likely win for Whyte. I mean that as no disrespect to Chisora, who is not a scrub. The man can fight and could possibly win a rematch. But Whyte knows him and should be favored. Whyte has that HUGE dollars lining up for him in April, and fighting an opponent more known to his camp makes more business sense.

I, however, am a Ortiz fan, so I want this to happen. Whyte has won me over as a risk taker who deserves respect, but I think Ortiz beats him. This is maybe the second best HW fight I can think of outside of Wilder/Joshua. I think Ortiz and his camp grabs this fight on December 22 if Whyte is really serious. I just see a more expensive, more dangerous opponent and think the Chisora rematch happens.

Comment

• We all like to say that Whyte would fight everyone, but as much as I like Whyte I have to say he wasn't that active in calling him out or pursuing a fight with Ortiz. Compare to how Whyte was with AJ, Chisora and Brown. When Whyte wants to tease someone into the ring, he wouldn't shut up about it, his twitter will be filled with insults. But with Ortiz it was a couple of mentions and silence after that. It would be a great fight though

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Why can't Shyte fight Ortiz on Dec. 1?

Doesn't he want exposure to an American PPV audience on the undercard of a fight for the lineal heavyweight championship of the world?

There are many subtle ways to duck an opponent. Refusing to fight 3 weeks earlier on a major show would qualify as one of them.
                      Here is one of the voltrons, defender of the universe . They are not always from from their shield.

Comment

Working...
                      X