Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dillian Whyte Responds To Luis Ortiz, Lets Fight Dec 22 Headline O2 Arena!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    You forgot to mention that Whyte knew that when he accepted the final eliminator and only pulled out once he found out King Kong would be the opponent.
    That's not true. Whyte made it clear that he would fight Ortiz next if it was a genuine final eliminator, with the winner next in line for Wilder. It was only when the WBC told him otherwise that he pulled out.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      That's not true. Whyte made it clear that he would fight Ortiz next if it was a genuine final eliminator, with the winner next in line for Wilder. It was only when the WBC told him otherwise that he pulled out.
      Breazeale became the mandatory last year when he won a final eliminator. That wasn't a secret. Whyte knew very well that any WBC final eliminator would be to determine the mandatory after Breazeale. Considering his promoter was saying Wilder vs. Breazeale was signed for September 2018, a final eliminator would have been tempting as it would have forced a fight with Wilder next year.

Whyte doesn't pull out until he finds out Ortiz is the opponent. You can't blame it on Breazeale being in the line as that was known since November.

Comment

Not true. He pulled out when he found out it was going to be a second final eliminator.

In other words, not a final eliminator.
        A final eliminator means you earn a mandatory shot. It doesn't necessarily mean it's the next shot. If somebody else already won a final eliminator, you have to wait your turn.

Your argument doesn't make any sense as it was known since last year that Breazeale won a final eliminator. So any interest Whyte expressed would have been with that knowledge. He only pulled out when he found out the opponent.

Comment

A final eliminator means you earn a mandatory shot. It doesn't necessarily mean it's the next shot. If somebody else already won a final eliminator, you have to wait your turn.

Your argument doesn't make any sense as it was known since last year that Breazeale won a final eliminator. So any interest Whyte expressed would have been with that knowledge. He only pulled out when he found out the opponent.
          Where you are coming from with this?

Are you suggesting that Whyte agreed to fight a final eliminator, knowing it was for the position of second mandatory, after Breazeale, then pulled out when he was told the opponent would be Ortiz?

If so, that's not what happened, and I'm pretty sure you know it.

Comment

No it wasn't. It was known that Breazeale had fought an eliminator, but the news that it had been a final eliminator wasn't publicised till much later, and it surprised everybody, including Hearn.

The WBC uploaded the info to their website at the time - or so they claim - but they didn't make any public announcement. And it must have gone up at a very obscure part of their site, because not only Hearn but every boxing news source I follow somehow managed not to spot it.
            Last edited by kafkod; 10-05-2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Are you suggesting that Whyte agreed to fight a final eliminator, knowing it was for the position of second mandatory, after Breazeale, then pulled out when he was told the opponent would be Ortiz?
              That is exactly what happened.

Comment

No it wasn't. It was known that Breazeale had fought an eliminator, but the news that it had been a final eliminator wasn't publicised till much later, and it surprised everybody, including Hearn.
                No. Hearn lied to you.

It was publicized in advance as a final eliminator. It was listed on the official WBC schedule of upcoming fights as a final eliminator, posted in advance on the official WBC website.

*I* posted repeatedly on this site before the fight that it was a final eliminator as I had been told directly by the president that it was a final eliminator.

It's not my fault you didn't believe me.

Comment

That is exactly what happened.
                  No. Hearn lied to you.
                  It was publicized in advance as a final eliminator. It was listed on the official WBC schedule of upcoming fights as a final eliminator, posted in advance on the official WBC website.

*I* posted repeatedly on this site before the fight that it was a final eliminator as I had been told directly by the president that it was a final eliminator.

It's not my fault you didn't believe me.
                  No it didn't, and the WBC president is the biggest liar and the most corrupt scoundrel in boxing.

Comment

No it didn't, and the WBC president is the biggest liar and the most corrupt scoundrel in boxing.
                    https://www.boxingscene.com/whyte-li...wilder--122066

Updated at 02:29 AM EDT, Fri Nov 3, 2017

"British heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte is furious with the World Boxing Council, after reading on their website that Saturday's fight, between Dominic Breazeale and Eric Molina, is a WBC sanctioned final eliminator for a crack at world champion Deontay Wilder."

"A statement on the WBC website read: "This fight will be a final elimination, a fact that adds an extra ingredient of motivation to excel, whatever the odds.""

http://web.archive.org/web/201710301...bceng/upcoming

Dominic Breazeale (USA)
                    VS Eric Molina (USA)

WBC Final Elimination Heavy
                    November 4, New York, USA

Comment

What you wrote didn't contradict what I wrote. I wrote that Whyte pulled out of the final eliminator. You responded with an excuse for why he pulled out. Why he pulled out doesn't mean I'm lying that he pulled out. You're so stupid you actually confirmed my statement that he pulled out.

There was a final eliminator ordered. Fact. Whyte agreed to participate, knowing full well Breazeale was an existing mandatory. Fact. Whyte found out his opponent would be King Kong and then refused to participate. Fact.
                      Yes he did agree to participate but then Breazele fought molina for more money. fact. There was an offer to fight breazele from whyte. fact. then WBC messed up and made breazele vs molina mandatory. fact. even thought dillian whyte was and is #1. fact. Whyte accepted the Ortiz fight on the basis of it being for the mandatory spot. fact. was told it would be for the "second mandatory". fact.

You're a total liar.

Comment

Working...
                      X