Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Frustrated: Deontay Wilder's Team Refusing To Meet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet for what? They flew overseas, they were in your backyard and Eddie decided to talk to the press instead. I don't care for either fighter but Joshua is letting Eddie mishandle the fk out of this and I am inclined to say Joshua wants the fight but Eddie wants no part of it until he absolutely has no choice but to make it. A whole lot of posturing now that Wilder has the press due to Fury's mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
      Him losing and having a clause to get out has nothing to do with him winning and being short changed in the talks locking into contract now for if he wins
      But is he getting short-changed? Apparently a new improved contract was sent with a percentage rather than flat rate fee but none of us know the exact details. After all of the fuss there's been I doubt it would be any less of a percentage cut than Parker got, which was about 33%; probably somewhere between 35 and 40% for Wilder. With it being at a stadium with 20K more seats than the Parker fight and being a higher profile PPV, Wilder would probably take home least 50% on top of what Parker did - and a lot more than he's getting for the Fury fight.
      And let's face it; if it was that bad a deal Finkel and Wilder would've made the details public like they did the last time, instead of just "ignoring it".

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        I'm saying you're talking bull****. Why don't you dig up the quote and prove me wrong?
        https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tel...us-insist/amp/

Joshua is prepared to take a pay cut of more than £7m to fight in front of his home fans. Wembley Stadium, Twickenham Stadium and even the Olympic Stadium are three possible venues for the blockbuster contest to take place, with the preference being for an outdoor venue to stage the fight in September.

"One thing is for absolute certain, AJ wants Wilder next," Hearn said. "He’s made that clear. He also feels though, after talking to Rob McCracken, his trainer and manager, that this is a fight that should be delivered in the UK. One for the fans and two, he feels like he’s earned that right."

Joshua has been offered a baseline of $50m (£37m) to face Wilder in America by the WBC champion's team, but Hearn insisted: "AJ’s not really swayed by an extra £10m or £15m. He’d rather do the fight over here in front of his fans.
        Last edited by SchoolTheseCats; 10-05-2018, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
          But is he getting short-changed? Apparently a new improved contract was sent with a percentage rather than flat rate fee but none of us know the exact details. After all of the fuss there's been I doubt it would be any less of a percentage cut than Parker got, which was about 33%; probably somewhere between 35 and 40% for Wilder. With it being at a stadium with 20K more seats than the Parker fight and being a higher profile PPV, Wilder would probably take home least 50% on top of what Parker did - and a lot more than he's getting for the Fury fight.
          And let's face it; if it was that bad a deal Finkel and Wilder would've made the details public like they did the last time, instead of just "ignoring it".
          Why agree to a percentage Parker had when he would have the wbc belt and lineal champ of division along with beating the second biggest fighter in the u.k to go along with that makes zero sense Hearn should just wait until after that fight takes place he will already have the whyte fight signed regardless and negotiate after that give it until late January to try and get wilder/aj signed if not announce the whyte fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
            Wilder doesn't get paid 50 million for not fighting AJ. He only gets paid for this fight if he takes the fight and it's probably gonna be his highest pay day.

I don't see how it hurts to have a meeting and get the ball rolling. Hearn and Finkel need to build some bridges if they're going to make the fight so starting now can only be beneficial to is fans.

I think Wilder should sack his team if they signed anything until after the fight with Fury though.
            Wilder was never guaranteed $50 million, only Joshua! Hearn was very disrespectful! No need to f**k with him anytime soon! Finkel will wait for the numbers from L.A., then MAYBE he talks to Hearn!

Comment

• Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
              https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tel...us-insist/amp/

Joshua is prepared to take a pay cut of more than £7m to fight in front of his home fans. Wembley Stadium, Twickenham Stadium and even the Olympic Stadium are three possible venues for the blockbuster contest to take place, with the preference being for an outdoor venue to stage the fight in September.

"One thing is for absolute certain, AJ wants Wilder next," Hearn said. "He’s made that clear. He also feels though, after talking to Rob McCracken, his trainer and manager, that this is a fight that should be delivered in the UK. One for the fans and two, he feels like he’s earned that right."

Joshua has been offered a baseline of $50m (£37m) to face Wilder in America by the WBC champion's team, but Hearn insisted: "AJ’s not really swayed by an extra £10m or £15m. He’d rather do the fight over here in front of his fans.
              This is what you claimed Hearn had said:

“McCracken doesn’t want to give up home field advantage, I told aj to take the offer

So where in that article is Hearn saying that he told AJ to accept the offer?

And look at the date .. it's from way back in May. Before Hearn even knew that BT were funding the offer and AJ would have to breach his contract with Sky if he accepted it.

Like I said .. that was the reason why Finkel didn't want to tell Hearn where the money was coming from.
              Last edited by kafkod; 10-05-2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Hearn is just posturing. He knows Wilder has a fight with Fury and all his energy is directed at Fury. Why would he negotiate another fight? I think Hearn doesn't want the Wilder or Fury fight.

Comment

• hearns mind games only work on his fanatics; its good to see some uk fans know hes full of it. this fight should not be negotiated until after dec 1, and that's fact. hearns fans should ask him why he didn't make a realistic offer in the first place if he wanted the fight.
                  Last edited by uppercut510; 10-05-2018, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Road Block Squaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

Comment

• Will Josh groupies fall again to the ole' bait and switch? Will Hearn ever stop mooching off of Fury-Wilder?

Find out next time, on Dragon Ball Z!

Comment

Working...
                      X