Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Grants Canelo Voluntary Defense, Then Charlo-Golovkin Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dukesville View Post
    Oh ok I see, now what you're saying is it should be Charlo not Golovkin. That is different from what you said before and its a valid view point too.
    Actually not saying that exactly but you are close.

1. I have no problem with Canelo's voluntary defense for his next fight.

2a. The WBC should have mandated either a rematch vs. Golovkin with no conditions (meaning Golovkin doesn't have to fight Charlo) for Canelo's first mandatory defense.

OR

2b. The WBC should have ordered Charlo as the next mandatory defense for Canelo without conditions (meaning Charlo doesn't have to face Golovkin).

Can't be any clearer than that.

Comment

• LOL that is so the WBC. Canelo can do whatever he wants, but GGG you have to fight a tough opponent before getting the rematch that everyone wants to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        Charlo came up from 154 same as Canelo, so if GGG beats Charlo like he beat Canelo, you guys will make the same excuse that Charlo was really a 154 pounder, even though he, like Canelo, has actually been bigger than GGG the whole time. Charlo just hid at 154 until GGG got old, just like how prime GGG caused Canelo to invent his own weight class just to duck him. It was too painful to keep making 154 getting the last pound off, but prime GGG was too good for Canelo to move to 160, so Canelo made his own weight class at 155. Charlo, on the other hand, didn't have the star power to do that, so he had to stay at 154 to duck prime GGG. Prime GGG may have never gotten the chance to knock out Charlo when GGG still had that knockout speed and power, unlike now, but I can guarantee you that GGG still caused both Canelo and Charlo a lot of painful nights just from the fact that they had to keep draining down to 154 and 155, respectively, to avoid him, even though their bodies were not ammenable to it.

Dont get me wrong, I dont relish the idea of other people being caused suffering, not even in some sort of "that's what you get for ducking GGG" kind of way. Hell no. I dont wish suffering on people. Im just saying, I have no doubt it was painful for them to make 155 and 154, that's just a fact, but they kept doing it anyway to avoid the boogeyman at 160 until he was no longer the boogeyman.

And for people saying "If GGG is really the boogeyman, he needs to fight Charlo," well, duh, he isn't the boogeyman anymore. Isn't that obvious? Everyone has biased fans, GGG included, and some probably still think he is, but they don't represent GGG fans as a whole. I'm a GGG fan, but I recognize what's really happened. He has been declining for 4 years now at least, he is way past his prime now not just slightly, and so none of this discussion really matters because he is way past it. Jeff Horn beat Pacquiao but does anyone really care? No because Pacquiao is past his prime. Well, past prime Pacquiao actually still maintained his speed and power a lot better than GGG. GGG's team may not be as smart as Pacquiao's, and as a result he has declined a lot faster than even Pacquiao did.

GGG is old. These fights were interesting 4 years ago, but sadly, GGG really was the boogeyman back then, or at least, the likes of Canelo, Charlo, and many others certainly treated him like he was. Now, GGG has a good jab, and underrated defense, but that's about it. He's slow, his stamina isn't half what it used to be, his power barely affected Danny Jacobs whose chin is average, not elite, and he hurt Canelo less than Miguel Cotto's brother did despite being in the ring for 24 rounds with him. He's *****ing old. BHop even admitted GGG has nothing left on his punches anymore. Actually sorry, he said that 2 years ago. Now GGG has less than nothing on his punches, if we're to believe BHop and extrapolate logically.

So, why waste time talking about this. GGG is old. If he fights Charlo, great. If he doesnt, great. Either way, it dont really mean **** anymore. Just another good matchup in boxing happening 4 years past the point of relevance and significance. That's how far modern boxing has fallen.
        Dude! Stop making shet up. Triple L is a FLOP, he lost to Jacobs & Nelo TWICE, he was NEVER even close to being as good as B-Hop & Jermall is about to WHOOP Triple L if Triple L doesn't duck Jermall.

WHO IS YOUR BOSS?!?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
          Your statement implies it was Golovkin's fault. It wasn't his fault. He didn't know Canelo would drop the belt, or that Canelo would not fight him at all during this time.

This doesn't hurt his legacy, either. Fighting Canelo who again, is an elite and p4p fighter...

You're acting like every boxer fights for legacy and not for money, or not for a combination of the two. Don't be a hypocrite. You should be bashing every single boxer out there for delaying the fights we all want to see in that case, including your own personal favorites.
          He has just the two canelo fights on his resume as elite p4p competition with a loss and tie in those two fights.... he will be a afterthought and always brung up in conversations as a what if fighter.... canelo, Oscar, and even canelo was saying they won’t be forced into a ggg fight they not 160lb fighters so yes it was his fault to think they would fight him right away, and fighting Ward on ppv instead of lemule would of been 10x better and still could of dropped back down in weight to challenge those same guys win lose or draw against Ward which I think he had a great chance of beating a inactive ward

Comment

• Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
            lemieux has already been beaten by GGG and BJS why would alvarez fight there leftovers .GGG should fight the winner of jacobs vs Derevyanchenko or winner of BJS vs andrade screw alvarez known drug cheat
            NO! We want Jermall vs Triple L so get off the Triple L Protection Act!

Comment

• Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
              Lmao did you notice he almost called him lil g but then stopped and said "i don't care"
              Yes I did. I had me rolling that night!

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                GGG vs Charlo is NOT HAPPENING! It will be Charlo vs Willie Monroe Jr in December who for some reason the WBC have rated #3 (and Martin Murray #2)

GGG at the point in his career now where it will be about BIG MONEY MATCH UPS and not fighting in Eliminators for Title Shots! I think he goes to ESPN maybe take the Murata fight in Japan. Arum can put that in the Tokyo Dome!
                So if you want to see a better fight then ask for Jermall vs Triple L!

Jermall vs golovkin!

Comment

• Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                  Jerm L bout to get ktfo by GGG.
                  Jerm L....LMAO!

I got Jerm winning by K.O.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
                    LOL that is so the WBC. Canelo can do whatever he wants, but GGG you have to fight a tough opponent before getting the rematch that everyone wants to see.
                    They are trying to suck up to Canelo. I don't think it matters. Canelo will not use the WBC as leverage to avoid a rematch. First he would look silly using the WBC as cover after past history and second he has no fears about facing Golovkin again. Also it is the biggest pay day he can make (I don't see any other fight where that is the case).

The WBC thinks they are doing Canelo a solid but they just look dumb. Canelo can have his voluntary fight but after that either straight up Golovkin or Charlo no conditions. You either thought the Golovkin-Canelo 2 fight was controversial enough to warrant a rematch or move on and give the next top guy his shot.

Just more corruption in the most corrupt sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                      Actually not saying that exactly but you are close.

1. I have no problem with Canelo's voluntary defense for his next fight.

2a. The WBC should have mandated either a rematch vs. Golovkin with no conditions (meaning Golovkin doesn't have to fight Charlo) for Canelo's first mandatory defense.

OR

2b. The WBC should have ordered Charlo as the next mandatory defense for Canelo without conditions (meaning Charlo doesn't have to face Golovkin).

Can't be any clearer than that.
                      Alright, I agree with the voluntary but then the next guy in line which is Charlo not Golovkin. And I think Golovkin should fight the Jacobs vs Derevyanchenko winner not Murata who is basically in the same spot Charlo is but for the wba.

Comment

Working...
                      X