Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Grants Canelo Voluntary Defense, Then Charlo-Golovkin Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I'm Charlo, Golovkin then Canelo establishes me as a force in this sport. With Golovkin a free agent, I tell Haymon to make the fight. If Golovkin ducks it, then Charlo gets Canelo after Canelo's voluntary. No reason Golovkin should be allowed to avoid Charlo and still get a third Canelo fight before Charlo gets his turn.

Comment

"If the WBC insisted on Charlo-Golovkin taking place prior to a third Alvarez-Golovkin fight, Alvarez simply could vacate the WBC middleweight title again and box Golovkin."

How ironic it would be if Canelo, who vacated the WBC title to avoid fighting a younger version of GGG, vacates the same title again so that he can fight the older version!

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        If I'm Charlo, Golovkin then Canelo establishes me as a force in this sport. With Golovkin a free agent, I tell Haymon to make the fight. If Golovkin ducks it, then Charlo gets Canelo after Canelo's voluntary. No reason Golovkin should be allowed to avoid Charlo and still get a third Canelo fight before Charlo gets his turn.
        For Canelo, there are around 35 million reasons why that should happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          That makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
            Very confusing language and variables in the article.

Does GGG vs Charlo happen next or not? The article said Golovkin most likely won't fight Charlo next, but will opt to have a 3rd bout with Canelo. Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but G has to go through Charlo to get to Canelo.

So if there's no Charlo then there's no Canelo.

However, if Canelo wants a 3rd fight with Golovkin, he has to give up the WBC belt to make it happen.

What am I missing?
            Exactly my thoughts.

Comment

A lot of morons are misreading the article...

What they're really saying here is that in order for Golovkin to get a 3rd fight, if he wants one, with Canelo, he'd have to fight Charlo for the mandatory spot. Otherwise, Charlo will remain the mandatory challenger for Canelo.

If a fight with Charlo and Golovkin does not happen, then Canelo will be mandated to fight fight Charlo in 2019.

No doubt the **********s in the LDBC will make videos misrepresenting the article and saying things like "Golovkin don't want Charlo smoke".

Comment

That is a fight to get excited about, Golovkin vs Charlo. I don't think either would avoid it.

Comment

Ggg should jump on this opportunity as he can be right back to challenging for a title with just a victory over charlo.... Easier said than done but it's a quick way back to a title shot. I like this...

Comment

BREAKING NEWS: Charlo got a heart attack!

Comment

So the WBC grants Canelo, the undeserved winner a voluntary defense vs a bum while Golovkin has to get Canelos #1 mandatory out of the way? LOL this is hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                      X