No announcement yet.

The case for floyd higher on ATG list than Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
    And what’s your point? Duran lost to all those guys you mentioned lmao don’t bring Barkley in this conversation. He only beat Ray Leonard once and lost to him twice also lost to Hearns and Hagler. You don’t get credit for taking fights you have to actually win them to get the credit. No participation trophies in boxing. Floyd beat the best and there’s nothing you can say about his resume. And if those guys were past their “prime” then so was Floyd. So what’s your point? All them other cowards were afraid to fight him when he was at 135
    Pure facts.

Mosley Hoya Cotto all afraid of a young Floyd.

Manny was afraid of drug test so he's just like the other cowards.

Comment

• Duran took on Leonard, Hearns and Hagler as the much smaller, older man. Leonard, Hearnds and Hagler were much better fighters than anybody Mayweather ever fought. Duran also cleaned out the lightweight division in the 70s. Mayweather never cleaned out a division. Duran also became a 4-division champion at a time when two or three belts were recognized. Duran also would fight anybody, anytime. And at 135, no way Mayweather beats Duran or at 147 imo.

Comment

• New fans aye

Comment

• Originally posted by DJS View Post
          New fans aye
          Yup. It seems most Mayweather fans as in 99.9% are either casual fans or very new to the sport and haven’t bothered to actually study the history beyond a quick look at boxrec. They are nutthuggers and boxrec jockeys. They are some of the biggest nutthuggers I’ve ever seen in my 26 years of following Boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
            Duran took on Leonard, Hearns and Hagler as the much smaller, older man. Leonard, Hearnds and Hagler were much better fighters than anybody Mayweather ever fought. Duran also cleaned out the lightweight division in the 70s. Mayweather never cleaned out a division. Duran also became a 4-division champion at a time when two or three belts were recognized. Duran also would fight anybody, anytime. And at 135, no way Mayweather beats Duran or at 147 imo.
            Duran took on Leonard, Hearns and Hagler as the much smaller, older man.

Lol^^So Floyd didn’t take on bigger opponents as the older man??? FYI Duran was 29 when he first lost to Leonard lmao and 32 when he lost to Hagler. Canelo was 23 when he got beat down by Floyd and y’all said he wasn’t in his prime now you are saying Duran was old at 29-30 yrs old. It just goes to show how biased you people are on here
            Stop the weak excuses. Fact is he lost to all of them and only holds one win over Hearns Hagler and Leonard 1-4. It DOES NOT matter about all that he would fight anybody at anytime bs. You DO NOT get credit for taking fights you have to WIN them. Why is that so hard for you bloggers to understand? Are we crowning Amir Khan because he stepped up and fought Canelo? Stepping up means absolutely NOTHING. Duran lost nearly 20 fights and is one of He most over rated boxers in history

Comment

• Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
              Pure facts.

Mosley Hoya Cotto all afraid of a young Floyd.

Manny was afraid of drug test so he's just like the other cowards.
              They all ignore that because it doesn’t fit their agenda. Duran quit like a b1tch in the middle of a fight one of the most embarrassing moments in boxing and we’re supposed to say a guy with nearly 20 losses is better than Floyd lol. These new participation boxing fans are nerds you know they are couch potatoes who never won a fight a day in their life. There go to line about Duran is that he’ll fight anybody lol they don’t care that he got beat by several bums and quit like a b1tch. Never seen Floyd do anything close to pathetic as that in the ring.

Comment

Duran took on Leonard, Hearns and Hagler as the much smaller, older man.

Lol^^So Floyd didn’t take on bigger opponents as the older man??? FYI Duran was 29 when he first lost to Leonard lmao and 32 when he lost to Hagler. Canelo was 23 when he got beat down by Floyd and y’all said he wasn’t in his prime now you are saying Duran was old at 29-30 yrs old. It just goes to show how biased you people are on here
                Stop the weak excuses. Fact is he lost to all of them and only holds one win over Hearns Hagler and Leonard 1-4. It DOES NOT matter about all that he would fight anybody at anytime bs. You DO NOT get credit for taking fights you have to WIN them. Why is that so hard for you bloggers to understand? Are we crowning Amir Khan because he stepped up and fought Canelo? Stepping up means absolutely NOTHING. Duran lost nearly 20 fights and is one of He most over rated boxers in history
                LOL. Canelo isn't Leonard, Hagler or Hearns my friend. And like you say, he fought a green, 23-year-old Canelo. When it's all said and done, you think Canelo will rank with Hagler, Leonard and Hearns? Talk about a weak comparison. Oh and yes, you DO get credit for taking hard fights, win or lose. If every fighter used Floyd's strategy, no risky fights would ever happen. Damn, man. You're bringing up Amir Khan? The guy Floyd didn't want to fight btw? We're talking "Hands of Stone." This was one of the masters of the sport. Overrated? Lost twenty fights? Well I guess Sugar Ray Robinson is overrated too because he had 19 losses. Duran fought until he was 50 from the time he was 15. I noticed you didn't touch the point about cleaning out a division either. Nice try, man.

Comment

LOL. Canelo isn't Leonard, Hagler or Hearns my friend. And like you say, he fought a green, 23-year-old Canelo. When it's all said and done, you think Canelo will rank with Hagler, Leonard and Hearns? Talk about a weak comparison. Oh and yes, you DO get credit for taking hard fights, win or lose. If every fighter used Floyd's strategy, no risky fights would ever happen. Damn, man. You're bringing up Amir Khan? The guy Floyd didn't want to fight btw? We're talking "Hands of Stone." This was one of the masters of the sport. Overrated? Lost twenty fights? Well I guess Sugar Ray Robinson is overrated too because he had 19 losses. Duran fought until he was 50 from the time he was 15. I noticed you didn't touch the point about cleaning out a division either. Nice try, man.
                  When it's all said and done, you think Canelo will rank with Hagler, Leonard and Hearns? Talk about a weak comparison

Im comparing ages not skills smh. This is why I don’t argue with Mayweather haters. Lack of education.

Canelo with nearly 50 fights was green and Duran at 29 was old lmao just shows how ******ed most Mayweather haters are. Masters don’t quit like cowards nice try though.

Oh and yes, you DO get credit for taking hard fights, win or lose.

Lmaooooo. You can tell you never played sports. I hope you don’t relay that mentality to any of your seeds. Participation trophies are for girls. What are Duran three best wins? I see you Duran fanboys are know trying to elevate Iran Barkley to boost his resume smh
                  Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 10-06-2018, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Canelo with nearly 50 fights was green and Duran at 29 was old lmao just shows how ******ed most Mayweather haters are. Masters don’t quit like cowards nice try though.

Oh and yes, you DO get credit for taking hard fights, win or lose.

Lmaooooo. You can tell this weirdo never played sports
                    You see, you just keep taking my words and spinning them. I didn't call Duran old at 29. I said he was the smaller older man against the three greats. You're the one saying he's old at 29. I mean, are you deliberately doing this or can you not follow along?

And yes, Canelo was green at a world class level. He had over forty fights but he wasn' beating world beaters, bruh. The quitting thing will always haunt Duran. However, he quit once in 119 fights. Not bad at all and plus the rematch was close before he quit. A poor decision without question.

Now you're saying you DO get credit for taking hard fights. Earlier you said you have to win hard fights or no credit.

I mean, if you've had a few brews, it's all good but something just isn't clicking in that head.

Comment

You see, you just keep taking my words and spinning them. I didn't call Duran old at 29. I said he was the smaller older man against the three greats. You're the one saying he's old at 29. I mean, are you deliberately doing this or can you not follow along?

And yes, Canelo was green at a world class level. He had over forty fights but he wasn' beating world beaters, bruh. The quitting thing will always haunt Duran. However, he quit once in 119 fights. Not bad at all and plus the rematch was close before he quit. A poor decision without question.

Now you're saying you DO get credit for taking hard fights. Earlier you said you have to win hard fights or no credit.

I mean, if you've had a few brews, it's all good but something just isn't clicking in that head.

^Lmaoooo
                      He was 29-30 when he lost to Leonard ****** so yes that’s what you’re saying. Did you graduate High School?
                      He lost to Hearn Hagler Leonard all before he turned 35 you’re just playing these silly girl games to try to cover up the fact that you’re wrong and quitter Duran was over rated.
                      Another reason I don’t argue with Mayweather haters. They lie and then when they get proved wrong they just move the goal post or start using the girly fanboy argument. I’m done with you it’s obvious you know nothing about the sport and don’t lack enough intelligence to even know what you’re typing. Just stop while you’re ahead I’m smacking you all over the place. Never place a quitter above FMJ lmao

FYI Canelo has already beat multiple hall of famers and former champions before he fought Floyd. Trout, Mosley, Cintron, Baldimor
                      Not to mention he defended the belt 6 times. If you hold the belt it doesn’t matter how old you are you have to fight who’s put in front of you lmao are you new to boxing? Obviously!
                      Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 10-06-2018, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X