Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Wants Golovkin On ESPN; Open To Golden Boy/Canelo Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and also oscar has to pay arum a cut if he goes to espn...it is in the contract for outside promoters.

Comment

Lol at these couch potatoes who know nothing about business.

GBP heading to Showtime , simple as that.

Comment

i agree espn is ggg best option...only thing is outside promoters has to negotiate with top rank..they have exclusive deal with espn.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post

SHO is reportedly paying over $60-65 million as it is, do you really think they increase it even more for GBP? So what are talking here? SHO puts on 18-20 shows opposed to 12-15 as they will be doing in 2019? Increase the budget from $65 million to $80 million?

Will be interesting to see what happens. GBP is kind of stuff in no mans land right now but they have the biggest chess piece out there. If it is true that Canelo only has one fight left with GBP? Oh boy things can get ugly soon.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            This would be a very good fit and move for Golovkin; Fighting on either ESPN or the PBC. He can still keep his high American profile and publicity while still fighting on non Pay per view television.

On the other hand, It would be a very bad move for him to go into virtual obscurity, while fighting over the internet on some online streaming service called DAZN, where he will become very hard to find among the casual fans.
            Golovkin is at the point where he can go overseas and fight Murata or groves or Saunders or whoever's and be ok for his last few fights money wise. Canelo is the bigger question mark here. He is gonna be around much longer than GGG and he will command more money also.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post

Lol at this couch potato putting the rest of us couch potatoes down.

Comment

Oscar is about to get hosed again like Haymon did to him a few yrs back. Oscar isn't very smart and aside from 1 name fighter, golden boys stable is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
                  Gonna be tough, Showtime’s Espinoza hates Oscar for taking Canelo to HBO and will try to short change him on any offers. The best move for Golden Boy will most likely be DAZN Hearn’s stable in the US is weak, so he might be open to a partnership w/t GBP it would be beneficial for both.
                  Yeah he might hate Oscar but this is a business... Stephen Espinoza can let his personal feelings towards Oscar get in the way of bringing the biggest star in boxing to his network.
                  But we'll see what happens I guess...

Comment

I honestly think that GGG goes the ESPN route and Canelo goes the Showtime route.

One important thing is that Espinoza might not be happy after DLH took Canelo from Showtime to HBO after the Lara fight still.............Showtime has really showed that they are commited to boxing and what would be better than having the biggest name not named Mayweather nor Pacquiao.

Plus Showtime has a ton of fighters who could make for interesting fights with Alvarez. I think Canelo vs Charlo would be a decent PPV and Canelo vs Spence would be a very good ppv.

So my take is that Espinoza is gonna make a very good offer to Alvarez.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      We're going to find out a lot more about Oscar and Canelo's relationship as a result of all of this.

That kid has the chance to make $1st 150M - $200M on a deal with Showtime or DAZN.

This is where we find out how smart/dumb Oscar really is.

If they went with ESPN, then Canelo would be losing out on significant guaranteed money.

This will be interesting
                      But how do you know Canelo will make that much with Showtime or DAZN? And how do you know he'll lose money with ESPN?
                      I don't really know how all them TV deals work or how they can guarantee so much money when a ppv fight can easily tank so to me it's a big risk giving out that big amount of 💰...

Comment

Working...
                      X