Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Paul Williams had ANY chance against Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it just would have been interesting to see floyd fight a fighter that he didnt have all the advantages over and would throw no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
      Paul Williams had 27 knock outs...and never put skills, ring generalship and Maidaina in the same sentence. Like earings on a pig, they just don't go together.

Williams beat Sharmba Mitchell, Antonio Margarito, Carlos Quintana, Verno Phillips, Ronald (Winky) Wright, Sergio Martinez, Kermit Cintron, Erislandy Lara.
      He really didn't win that fight, Lara was robbed. I do agree that Williams based on size, height, style and workrate would've been a hard fight for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
        Do we forget Williams lost to Carlos Quintana?He got outboxed,if that guy could do it so could floyd.But i still think floyd should of fought williams and margarito.But they were too dangerous.
        This right here.

Big Punisher fan, but other than workrate, prime Mayweather has minimum trouble outboxing him. Way too hittable and could be easily goaded into give up his height.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          This is a serious question here.

Williams wasn't a bum, but Sergio was catching him clean with check hooks and overhand lefts all night long. The left that put him to sleep was the same shot he was just eating - like he was too ****** to defend against it.

Add to that Williams had nowhere near the speed of Floyd at any point. Mayweather would have been tagging him at will all night long - shades of Mayweather/Corrales.

So I ask you. What in the blue world would convince you that this guy would have beaten Floyd Mayweather?
          I don't have an issue if someone honesty believes Pwill would be a problem for FLoyd.

The problem I have is people that act like PWill fought like Hearns when he didn't. It's fine to say PWill has attributes that would make the fight tough, but he didn't fight like Hearns and to suggest he would is BS.

Comment

Floyd would’ve beat P Willy’s ass.

Comment

Floyd was right in front of Canelo teaching him all night about the Sweet Science. 152 vs 154, still.

As far as workrate one needs only look at the N'Dou and Burton fights. That aggression turns very quickly ineffective. Even Maidana after five rounds was nullified; Manny was nullified in all but four rounds; De La Hoya (154-160 fighter) was nullified after four rounds.

Floyd would have picked Williams off over 12.
              Likely so, tbf.

Still, if you're as desperate as folks were to see Floyd get beat, you reach

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                I don't know if you're blind or trolling. Williams barely won four rounds. I was a big fan of his but there's no way he won that fight.
                He's trolling lol.

Comment

Volume, volume, volume, he threw a lot of punches, volume, volume, stamina, volume.

I favored Floyd in the fight, but the reverse question can be: "Why do people think Floyd would've shut out Paul Williams?"

Comment

Paul Williams was a monster at 147, dude had a huge reach advantage against anyone at WW and threw so many punches that it was difficult for anyone to overcome that, as he moved up in weight, he lost, but at WW, dude was a nightmare, I would have enjoyed seeing a fight between Williams and Floyd.

Comment

This is a serious question here.

Williams wasn't a bum, but Sergio was catching him clean with check hooks and overhand lefts all night long. The left that put him to sleep was the same shot he was just eating - like he was too ****** to defend against it.

Add to that Williams had nowhere near the speed of Floyd at any point. Mayweather would have been tagging him at will all night long - shades of Mayweather/Corrales.

So I ask you. What in the blue world would convince you that this guy would have beaten Floyd Mayweather?
                      They don't believe that, they just hate Floyd....

Comment

Working...
                      X