Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Paul Williams had ANY chance against Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol I forgot about the hype surrounding this guy, he was no threat to mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      This is a serious question here.

Williams wasn't a bum, but Sergio was catching him clean with check hooks and overhand lefts all night long. The left that put him to sleep was the same shot he was just eating - like he was too ****** to defend against it.

Add to that Williams had nowhere near the speed of Floyd at any point. Mayweather would have been tagging him at will all night long - shades of Mayweather/Corrales.

So I ask you. What in the blue world would convince you that this guy would have beaten Floyd Mayweather?
      Williams was all wrong for Floyd and Floyd knew it. Paul Williams was the Errol Spence of his day. And just like Thurman, Floyd purposely avoided Paul Williams for the same reason he avoided Winky and Vernon Forest. Paul Williams begged Haymon for a shot at Floyd but Floyd refused....period. That's a matter of record. Put into context, Paul Williams was the bogeyman at WW. He was told he would get a fight with Pacquiao, Floyd and Shane Mosely and all said no. BTW, this is all easily verifiable. Williams was forced to move up to middle weight to fight Martinez who was coming off a win against 160lb champ Kelly Pavlik.
      Last edited by factsarenice; 09-27-2018, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        Lol I forgot about the hype surrounding this guy, he was no threat to mayweather
        Certain fighters frighted Floyd and Williams was most certainly one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          He is not throwing 115 punches at Floyd every round unless he windmills reckless like Maidana.

Floyd controls the range and counters between their shots, next thing they are thinking and then its all Floyd as he reduces them to their lowest punch output of their career.

I chuckle when people say what a fighter will do against Floyd based on what they do too others.

Floyd shuts them all down, Williams would have been easy for FM to out box to a UD.
          Before there was an Errol Spence there was Paul Williams. Floyd avoided Williams for good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarAnt05 View Post
            It woulda looked liked Easter vs Garcia. I love how ppl mention his range even tho he rarely fought tall ������
            Paul Williams had a 79 inch reach and always fought tall. He jabbed and moved for 12 rounds. There are a ton of tape on him, go watch him on tape and come back.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              Ridiculous statement, PW was one of the most threatening ww's I've ever seen. Go back and see Floyd's responses to fighting him, and tell me he wasn't threatened

Comment

Originally posted by SugarAnt05 View Post
                Paul woulda been hitting air and shoulders all night. His work rate woulda dropped due as Floyd would have had him resetting all night. Top it with the fact that he didn't have heavy hand or the underrated ring generalship skills of a maidaina , it woulda been a wide UD for Floyd. This coming from a guy that loves Pwill
                Paul Williams had 27 knock outs...and never put skills, ring generalship and Maidaina in the same sentence. Like earings on a pig, they just don't go together.

Williams beat Sharmba Mitchell, Antonio Margarito, Carlos Quintana, Verno Phillips, Ronald (Winky) Wright, Sergio Martinez, Kermit Cintron, Erislandy Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                  They thought Margarito had a chance too.
                  They?...who's they? I think you mean Floyd thought Margarito had a very good chance. Margarito confronted Floyd, it's on Video, I recommend that you watch it. Floyd wasn't as confident as you seem to be.

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
                    Do we forget Williams lost to Carlos Quintana?He got outboxed,if that guy could do it so could floyd.But i still think floyd should of fought williams and margarito.But they were too dangerous.
                    Lets not forget, Williams easily blasted out Quintana in the rematch. Quintana was an exceptional boxer but he was fragile.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                      Everybody that beat williams was a southpaw.martinez, quintana. even that lara ass whooping came from a southpaw.
                      Williams beat Lara convincingly ...

Comment

Working...
                      X