Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk: One Reason We Agreed To Face Bellew - Is To Get Joshua!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
    Its clear hearn has dangled joshua in front of usyk to sign him. He signed a 3 fight deal, bellew for exposure (to the casuals), whyte to prove he can hang at heavy (to the casuals) then joshua at the end. But i dont see hearn making the fight any time soon. Even if AJs power bailed him out late (which is a big possibility) i think uysk would make him look so stiff and one dimesional it would shatter his aura. This is why usyk only held his WBO title when he had a stare down with bellew in the ring. I think he'll use his WBO 'super champion' status to enforce a madatory or force joshua into vacating. Which i think hearn would be on board with as long as he is promoting it.
    Hey, well spotted mate! I noticed Usyk only had one belt with him, but that explanation never occured to me!

I wonder if that was a subtle reminder to Fast Eddie?

"Don't try messing me around, because I can still get AJ without any help from you if I need to"

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Bellew was at HW when Usyk called him out, and I just watched an interview with Usyk saying the original plan was to fight Tony at HW, which would have been the ideal way to acclimatise himself to the heavier weight.

But Bellew woudn't take the fight unless it was at CW with all the belts on the line.
      The thing is, if it was at HW Usyk would just be facing a slightly tubbier Bellew than he would at CW. I think he needs to be tested against someone with similar physical dimensions to the likes of AJ/Wilder/Fury - at least 6ft 5in, 235 Lbs and 80in reach. Until Usyk fight someone around this size, all anyone can do is speculate on whether his prodigious skill would offset the massive physical disadvantages he'd have.

Comment

at least usyk knows how to get the fights he wants and isnt just waiting for a hand out

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
          The thing is, if it was at HW Usyk would just be facing a slightly tubbier Bellew than he would at CW. I think he needs to be tested against someone with similar physical dimensions to the likes of AJ/Wilder/Fury - at least 6ft 5in, 235 Lbs and 80in reach. Until Usyk fight someone around this size, all anyone can do is speculate on whether his prodigious skill would offset the massive physical disadvantages he'd have.
          He does a lot of sparring with Wlad and he handled Joyce ok in the WSB. I think it's the extra strength and power of a big top HW that would give him most problems, rather than their reach and height. Usyk is 6' 3" with a 78" reach himself. That's respectable, even by modern day HW standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            I don't see how Usyk won't do well against Joshua.

usyk will weigh more than Povetkin did 225+ pounds, he's a big CW lets not forget. He also has a clear advantage in foot speed and foot work, and is much faster than AJ..... he can easily take Joshua deep and his superior stamina will see him take over.
            Yeah until he gets hit.

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
              Its clear hearn has dangled joshua in front of usyk to sign him. He signed a 3 fight deal, bellew for exposure (to the casuals), whyte to prove he can hang at heavy (to the casuals) then joshua at the end. But i dont see hearn making the fight any time soon. Even if AJs power bailed him out late (which is a big possibility) i think uysk would make him look so stiff and one dimesional it would shatter his aura. This is why usyk only held his WBO title when he had a stare down with bellew in the ring. I think he'll use his WBO 'super champion' status to enforce a madatory or force joshua into vacating. Which i think hearn would be on board with as long as he is promoting it.
              Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Hey, well spotted mate! I noticed Usyk only had one belt with him, but that explanation never occured to me!

I wonder if that was a subtle reminder to Fast Eddie?

"Don't try messing me around, because I can still get AJ without any help from you if I need to"
              *X-files music plays*

Good spot and theory

Comment

All three are much respected in my books. Bellew, AJ, Usyk...

Those chaps are allright!

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                  Hell no.. that fool ggg knew Ward was there at 168.. he didn't want no smoke with the king!
                  King of Judges AKA cheat-phuck AKA ball-buster-ped user is long retired without defending those belts. stop living in the past or go lick his balls somewhere else ROFL

Comment

Mark my words, Bellew is going to drag Usyk into a war. He may not win, but people's opinions will be changed.

Usyk gets stretchered out against either AJ or Wilder.

Comment

Make sure you look average if you want a shot at AJ.

Comment

Working...
                      X