Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk: One Reason We Agreed To Face Bellew - Is To Get Joshua!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
    And yet if Joyce was with Matchroom, you could bet your last penny that Hearn would make the match due to the history.
    As it is he'll match Usyk against Whyte or Chisora before the AJ Fight materialises - barring Usyk being made mandatory challenger beforehand.
    Miller is also an option for Usyk after Bellew according to Hearn. He should make Usyk vs. Miller in NYC.It would sell out because huge Ukrainian diaspora there and Millerīs home city.

Comment

I don't see how Usyk won't do well against Joshua.

usyk will weigh more than Povetkin did 225+ pounds, he's a big CW lets not forget. He also has a clear advantage in foot speed and foot work, and is much faster than AJ..... he can easily take Joshua deep and his superior stamina will see him take over.

Comment

There's not too many decent heavyweights for josh.
        So us yk will be good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I think it'll be too early. Unless a lot of sh^t goes south I don't see it.
          After Bellew, Usyk can secure a bout with Joshua if Wilder fails to sign the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
            Nothing to do with getting more money for fighting Bellew than anyone else at Cruiserweight then?
            TBH I think Usyk's best test would be to fight Joe Joyce at HW. He completely outclassed the big man over a shorter format in the amateurs, but can he do it for 12 rounds? If he can, it really makes AJ v Usyk an interesting prospect as size-wise Joyce is very similar to AJ if not slightly bigger - but more basic.
            Joe Joyce?! And to fight on Ortiz vs Molina undercard? For what, $50k? Sure, he's already signing...

Comment

Joyce? I don't see how Joyce is getting Usyk closer to Joshua. That seems like a step backward honestly.

And with Joyce with Haymon now I think Joyce will be more likely to fight a Breazeale type guy as his step up fight into real contention. And I feel like their aim will be Wilder first & then Joshua. They supposedly got like some 4 fight plan to a big fight or some sh^t like that now. Seen a video on YT or posted here a week or two ago.

But the overall angle with Usyk's team of fighting these Joshua c#ckblock fights with Bellew, Whyte &/or Parker seem likes the move that COULD get him on Joshua's calendar before 2019 ends. And in fact if Joshua vs Whyte don't fight in April (I think its a virtual lock right now, but we'll see) I think Uysk vs Whyte could happen in April in the Joshua undercard or within a month or two of that card to potentially line up Usyk for Joshua later in the year or line him up for Parker later in the year with a chance to get Joshua late in 2019.

Thats the course I'm seeing more or less for Usyk. And honestly I think if he can handle the power at HW I think he beats EVERYONE.
              You have made some decent analysis which I tend to agree with. Some of them are with high possibilities, let's just see what happen if he get past uysk.

We will wait to see how uysk react to the HW power and how strong his chin Is.
              If he has a chin as good as David Allen. He is good to go to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                I don't see how Usyk won't do well against Joshua.

usyk will weigh more than Povetkin did 225+ pounds, he's a big CW lets not forget. He also has a clear advantage in foot speed and foot work, and is much faster than AJ..... he can easily take Joshua deep and his superior stamina will see him take over.
                I doubt Hearn will allow it ! Povetkin just showed how movement and skills can outpoint Joshua over 6 rounds (well, assuming the judges score it fairly, but that's another story), but the trouble is, Povetkin was never able to take that effort longer than 6 rounds before he tired and the movement abandoned him.

Usyk CAN take it 12 rounds. One where Hearn might have to tighten the nooses around the judges just to make sure Joshua gets the nod at the end if it goes 12 (so he might allow it if he feels the judges are in line).

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
                  After Bellew, Usyk can secure a bout with Joshua if Wilder fails to sign the contract.
                  Could yea sure. But I think it'll only happen if a lot of other things happen.

-First off Usyk gots to beat Bellew impressively, likely by KO in the first half of the fight or later on after a one sided uncompetitive beating or a epic fight if more competitive

-The Wilder vs Fury winner can't fight Joshua due to some rematch clause, which I don't buy will be a problem

-Whyte loses to Delboy & Delboy isn't deemed a worthy challenger

-Big Baby has pissed off Hearn with his recent comments that he gets passed over for a shot

-Ortiz & the Kubrat/Hughie winner aren't deemed more worthy or more interesting challengers than Usyk for one reason or another along with maybe a few other guys one could bring up

Mainly doe I think Joshua vs Usyk can be a bigger fight then it'd be in April at a future date so I feel like a promoter would wanna build that up more with some Usyk HW W's more than leapfrog him from a 200lb title fight to a HW title fight right off.

Comment

It's going to be fun watching Usyk, Yoka, Ajagba, and Joyce entering the division! Gassiev should join the party!

Comment

Could yea sure. But I think it'll only happen if a lot of other things happen.

-First off Usyk gots to beat Bellew impressively, likely by KO in the first half of the fight or later on after a one sided uncompetitive beating or a epic fight if more competitive

-The Wilder vs Fury winner can't fight Joshua due to some rematch clause, which I don't buy will be a problem

-Whyte loses to Delboy & Delboy isn't deemed a worthy challenger

-Big Baby has pissed off Hearn with his recent comments that he gets passed over for a shot

-Ortiz & the Kubrat/Hughie winner aren't deemed more worthy or more interesting challengers than Usyk for one reason or another along with maybe a few other guys one could bring up

Mainly doe I think Joshua vs Usyk can be a bigger fight then it'd be in April at a future date so I feel like a promoter would wanna build that up more with some Usyk HW W's more than leapfrog him from a 200lb title fight to a HW title fight right off.
                      "Big Baby has pissed off Hearn with his recent comments that he gets passed over for a shot."

🔥Big Baby Jarrell Miller Goes In On Eddie Hearn Doesn't Believe He Or Deontay Ever Get Joshua Fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls0G7asET6I

Comment

Working...
                      X