Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk: One Reason We Agreed To Face Bellew - Is To Get Joshua!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
    This is what good fighters and great fighters are supposed to do: Move up in weight and challenge themselves, win lose or draw. GGG could have learnt a few things about daring to be great
    Hell no.. that fool ggg knew Ward was there at 168.. he didn't want no smoke with the king!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
      The question is can Joyce go 12 rounds ??? Usyk proved that he can 15 rounds.
      Going the distance and getting the win (however easy Usyk makes it look) against someone your own size is one thing, doing it against someone with a massive height, reach and weight advantage is another thing entirely - which is why Joyce is the perfect HW test for Usyk.
      The best thing about Joyce is his engine, I have no doubt he can comfortably do 12 rounds with room to spare. The biggest question mark over him is his ability to switch things up as he has seemed pretty 1-paced so far. Usyk is the perfect pacing test for Joyce.
      Plus there's their history from the amateurs to consider when building up a fight.

Comment

Uysk is proving to be smart business man.
        Let him get pass bellew first which I doubt then Joyce, but the problem I have with Joyce's fight is there will be no much money involved and a risky fight for uysk as well.
        After passing these huddles, go for the pay day against AJ and get KO inside 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
          Going the distance and getting the win (however easy Usyk makes it look) against someone your own size is one thing, doing it against someone with a massive height, reach and weight advantage is another thing entirely - which is why Joyce is the perfect HW test for Usyk.
          The best thing about Joyce is his engine, I have no doubt he can comfortably do 12 rounds with room to spare. The biggest question mark over him is his ability to switch things up as he has seemed pretty 1-paced so far. Usyk is the perfect pacing test for Joyce.
          Plus there's their history from the amateurs to consider when building up a fight.
          Very true. Usyk was able to conserve his energy by prodding and probing Gassiev all night and hit him with combos to deter Gassiev and his singular strategy of marching forward with his gloves up. Usyk was able to set and control the pace of the fight from a distance.

Against Joyce...for 12 rounds? WHOLE different ball game (yes I'm aware they have faced b4)! Joyce would be a great test for Usyk, true....but the lack of reward for all of that risk makes me think the fight never happens (at least not before a shot at AJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
            Joyce has nothing that Usyk wants. - EE fighters get a lot of hate for some reason, but nobody can deny their willingness to test themselves. And yes, there are always exceptions to every rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
              Joyce has nothing that Usyk wants. - EE fighters get a lot of hate for some reason, but nobody can deny their willingness to test themselves. And yes, there are always exceptions to every rule.
              And yet if Joyce was with Matchroom, you could bet your last penny that Hearn would make the match due to the history.
              As it is he'll match Usyk against Whyte or Chisora before the AJ Fight materialises - barring Usyk being made mandatory challenger beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                Nobody in the P4P top five should audition for that big-stiff idiot.
                Nobody should have to read anymore posts from this big, thick idiot. Reality must be such a distant and aspirational state of mind for you.

Comment

Anthony Joshua vs pillow fisted euro. Seen this movie before.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                    Very true. Usyk was able to conserve his energy by prodding and probing Gassiev all night and hit him with combos to deter Gassiev and his singular strategy of marching forward with his gloves up. Usyk was able to set and control the pace of the fight from a distance.

Against Joyce...for 12 rounds? WHOLE different ball game (yes I'm aware they have faced b4)! Joyce would be a great test for Usyk, true....but the lack of reward for all of that risk makes me think the fight never happens (at least not before a shot at AJ)
                    Your right I reckon on that last part - if Joyce was with Matchroom it would probably happen though.
                    I'll have to see if there are any other current big (size-wise) HW contenders that Usyk has history with that he could face as a marker. The danger is that regardless of how talented Usyk is (which is as undisputed as his champion status), that he is just not big enough to cut it against the big boys over 12 rounds. Yes Bellew had a couple of fights with Haye up there, but he'd be the 1st to say he's not a true heavyweight and would not fight anyone above 6ft 4in.

Comment

he wants the juice, the main superior bum, and no one else, why no deontay or fury,...them wilder boys shld ask themselves

Comment

Working...
                      X