Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua-Alexander Povetkin: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

" In a vacuum, wouldn’t Povetkin-Ortiz be a fascinating showdown at this stage?"

This is the highlight of this article. It's a fight boxing fans would like to see

Joshua-Wilder
    Povetkin-Ortiz
    Whyte-Miller

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
      Two judges had Joshua 4-2 up and one had him 5-1 up after 6.

Once again the boxing judging system on show as the train wreck that it is.

Or maybe once again, the judges are so superior in their knowledge of boxing that the rest of us maggots have no idea what we are seeing.
      Complete nonsense if true, once again showing how inept the judging is. Joshua was beginning to win rounds and take over the fight but up until the stoppage he was still behind IMO. To have Joshua 5-1 up is quite frankly ridiculous.

Comment

AJs strength is he throws a good variety of shots and keeps you guessing head and body.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
          Complete nonsense if true, once again showing how inept the judging is. Joshua was beginning to win rounds and take over the fight but up until the stoppage he was still behind IMO. To have Joshua 5-1 up is quite frankly ridiculous.
          Just reading it in the UK newspapers - they also thought it was ridiculous. They (the newspaper) had Povetkin 4-2 up after 6, presumably giving Joshua the 4th and 6th.

It wasn't even that hard to score. If I were Wilder I'd look at this and know that in the absence of a KO or complete domination, he's going to get jobbed by the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by dsr View Post
            How can people even believe that this is even a discussion?
            I wouldn't have thought so myself until coming on places like here, and certain youtube channels. Some people let their feelings of fighters get in the way of facts and their logical reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
              I had it probably about 3-3, thats just off the top of the head cos I wasn't scoring at the time. But look, these home cooked fighters most of the time get these silly scores in their favour. No way should AJ have been up that much.

It's like the Wilder fight with Ortiz, at the point of stoppage I had Ortiz up as did a lot of people but when they revealed the scores at the time of stoppage you know who was up on all three.

Just boxing I guess.

Comment

Having ahead by round 6 su****ious even as an AJ fan! I had Provetkin up winning d first 2rounds, round 3 & 4 is close but AJ definitely won 5&6 as he was dictating pace started combinations by late 4th round. And sure the things he has it. By 6th, I think it was 3:3 even! At the time of stoppage AJ was 4:3 up for me. Proverkim was dangerous until he got stunned and stopped in 7th. I stop here

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                  It wasn't even that hard to score. If I were Wilder I'd look at this and know that in the absence of a KO or complete domination, he's going to get jobbed by the judges.
                  You say that as if Wilder wasn't also unjustly ahead on the cards against Ortiz at the time of the stoppage. Last weekend should have been a reminder to you that the A-side always gets the benefit of the doubt no matter where

Comment

Lipstick on a Pig

Stop trying to put lipstick on a pig!!! In the end Joshua once again fought a 39 year old guy he towered over and outweighed by almost 30 pounds!!!! He beat him and had a hard time doing it. All this fight did was to show why Joshua avoids any real punchers his own size like Ortiz or Wilder.

Comment

I could maybe make a case for the 2 Judges that had AJ 4-2 up, but not the one who had him up 5-1; he should have to answer questions in front of an inquiry. I had it 3-3, 2 definites for Povetkin, 2 definites for AJ, and 2 close rounds.
                      It was a great tactic for AJ to jab to the body to slow Povetkin down and it worked, but he needs to be slightly quicker in-and-out himself as he got caught too often until halfway through 3rd round while going to the body.
                      Povetkin is definitely on a par with Ortiz (both slightly below Klitschko), and I agree a fight between those 2 would be a cracker for as long as it lasts - would be a great undercard fight for AJ-Wilder in April......

Comment

Working...
                      X