No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua-Alexander Povetkin: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua-Alexander Povetkin: Afterthoughts

What fans take into a fight can color how they perceive the realities that unfold. Saturday's heavyweight clash between titlist Anthony Joshua and Alexander Povetkin was happening under an obvious cloud. The majority of boxing fans wanted to see Joshua vs. Deontay Wilder.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I thought povektein fought brilliantly and would beat Ortiz no problem if that fight happens who has Ortiz ever beat. Jennings is the only half decent name on the record of the Cuban. joshua now besides the other champion in wilder beaten the n2 povektein n3 whyte n4 Parker and took most the belts of the n1 of the past decade in klitschko. the guy is on the cusp of becoming one of the greats once he's wiped out lady legs Beyonce wilder

Comment

"Povetkin was arguably the second best opponent of Joshua’s career and, in terms of who he’s beaten over the years, is a more proven professional than Ortiz."

This is facts.

Comment

Joshua persevered, from a early dominance from the formerly cheating old Povetkin, I respect that he found his bearings, jabbed to the body and finally found his shots up top that he wanted

With that being said, those early rounds are still alarming

I understand he’s still young in his career, but as a unified heavyweight champ that commands a lot of attention and praise, he may have to work overtime to sharpen some skills, and he still looks a little chinny and open to combinations
        And slow

Also, I think it’s cowardice that he didn’t make it boldly clearly that wilder and only wilder is the objective, he ***** footed the answer and left it ultimately to a vote via twitter

The fix is in, it’ll be whyte Joshua 2

Eddie Hearn is now claiming they want a wilder fight done before the fury wilder fight December 1st

Which is wild because Joshua maintains he doesn’t like to speak about potential opponents or focus on other deals while in training camp or has another fighter ahead of him, but now it’s ok for wilder to take focus off fury for AJ? With a deadline? Especially since AJ Has formerly said something could be worked out in January?????

It’s obvious they are banking on wilder to be a more profitable commodity post fury and don’t wanna pay him more after any potential success after December 1st

Which is dumb, cause what if fury wilder bombs??? U can use that to your benefit? But no they predict it will do well and don’t wanna give up too much more money, simple economics

As far as DAZN, sugar ray not a good commentator, card was crap

Danny Jacobs is signed to matchroom USA with a fight in October and as a NY native, I don’t see any promo for it, interesting? I thought Hearn would revive Danny career and take it to new heights with better promo considering his story??

Stay woke

And **** Tiger woods

Comment

Povetkin vs Ortiz will be an action packed jaw dropping bout.

Comment

He looked vulnerable at the begging but very calm and patient. His concentration need to be better from the very start.

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
              "Povetkin was arguably the second best opponent of Joshua’s career and, in terms of who he’s beaten over the years, is a more proven professional than Ortiz."

This is facts.
              How can people even believe that this is even a discussion?

Comment

Two judges had Joshua 4-2 up and one had him 5-1 up after 6.

Once again the boxing judging system on show as the train wreck that it is.

Or maybe once again, the judges are so superior in their knowledge of boxing that the rest of us maggots have no idea what we are seeing.

Comment

Both showed immense talent and will, but Jesus, that knockout!

Hell of a match up.

Glad to see AJ is willing to mix it up to get that finish.

Comment

Give me Povetkin vs Miller, Ortiz, Whyte

Comment

Working...
                    X