Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reminder: Pedvetkin wasn't that good.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd favour Povetkin but Sam Peter is another that may well of dealt with Povetkin.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      He hasn't a jab, his head movement isn't great or his guard - when he's moving his head his gloves aren't protecting his face. Why on earth nobody punches straight through his guard is beyond me especially with him being so squared up.
      I think he's fairly explosive yet has pretty bad footwork.

He has alright combinations for a HW despite them being predictable and his punches being ridiculously wide. Lead overhand double left hook, over and over.

Effective vs fighters with no jab or ring IQ.
      He has an exhausting style with all his lunging and wasted movement trying to get inside due to poor fundamentals, he has a good 4-5 rounds in him and nomore.

I think his skillset is tremendously overrated. A B+ combination puncher but he does nothing great. For me he's one of the biggest overachievers despite having no great win.

Good win for AJ but he only did what a good, big HW should do to a guy like that.
      Stay disciplined, pin your right hand to your face and keep him on the jab, don't trade just let him expand his energy, up the pace and take him out.
      I challenge you to find me just one heavyweight or any boxer for that matter, that I couldn't criticize the way you've just criticized Povetkin in that in-depth manner.

Because what you've just did to Povetkin, I could do to any other boxer.

Let's put it this way. Povetkin is still much better and more skilled than the dude in your profile picture that is Guillermo Rigondeaux.

Rigondeaux had a smaller weight disadvantage against Lomachenko (mere 7 pounds) and a smaller age disadvantage (a mere 7 years difference) and a smaller height disadvantage (a mere 2 inches difference).

Meanwhile, Povetkin had a much bigger weight disadvantage against Joshua (25 pounds) + much bigger height disadvantage (4 inches) + much bigger reach disadvantage (7 inches) + much bigger age disadvantage (11 years).

Yet, Povetkin performed much better against Joshua with far more disadvantages stacked against him, than how Rigondeaux performed against Lomachenko with far less disadvantages stacked against him.

Povetkin never quit on his stool like a coward as Rigondeaux did against Lomachenko. Povetkin was dropped, but got back up every time and went out on his shield like a true warrior. That is, whilst taking into consideration Povetkin was getting hit by a massive SUPER HEAVYWEIGHT power puncher that was genuinely trying to take his head off while Rigondeaux was fighting a relatively light hitting Lomachenko who wasn't even hitting him hard.

And unlike Rigondeaux, Povetkin won multiple rounds against Joshua. Whilst Rigondeaux didn't even win a single round against Lomachenko.

And unlike Rigondeaux, Povetkin gave Joshua a difficult fight by hurting him + busting his nose up. Whilst Rigondeaux barely inflicted any damage on Lomachenko and barely caused Loma any difficulties.

Comment

How is Ortiz better? And don't u dare say it's the eye test before u watch a video of him against Scott and Dave Allen

Comment

Still favour 39 year old Povetkin against Wilder.

Same thing will be said about Wilder if Fury beats him, "he was not that good". I mean, Stiverne and Ortiz are his best wins...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
            I challenge you to find me just one heavyweight or any boxer for that matter, that I couldn't criticize the way you've just criticized Povetkin in that in-depth manner.

Because what you've just did to Povetkin, I could do to any other boxer.

Let's put it this way. Povetkin is still much better and more skilled than the dude in your profile picture that is Guillermo Rigondeaux.

Rigondeaux had a smaller weight disadvantage against Lomachenko (mere 7 pounds) and a smaller age disadvantage (a mere 7 years difference) and a smaller height disadvantage (a mere 2 inches difference).

Meanwhile, Povetkin had a much bigger weight disadvantage against Joshua (25 pounds) + much bigger height disadvantage (4 inches) + much bigger reach disadvantage (7 inches) + much bigger age disadvantage (11 years).

Yet, Povetkin performed much better against Joshua with far more disadvantages stacked against him, than how Rigondeaux performed against Lomachenko with far less disadvantages stacked against him.

Povetkin never quit on his stool like a coward as Rigondeaux did against Lomachenko. Povetkin was dropped, but got back up every time and went out on his shield like a true warrior. That is, whilst taking into consideration Povetkin was getting hit by a massive SUPER HEAVYWEIGHT power puncher that was genuinely trying to take his head off while Rigondeaux was fighting a relatively light hitting Lomachenko who wasn't even hitting him hard.

And unlike Rigondeaux, Povetkin won multiple rounds against Joshua. Whilst Rigondeaux didn't even win a single round against Lomachenko.

And unlike Rigondeaux, Povetkin gave Joshua a difficult fight by hurting him + busting his nose up. Whilst Rigondeaux barely inflicted any damage on Lomachenko and barely caused Loma any difficulties.

Is this a boxing forum or a mental asylum seriously? Such idiocy you can go on ignore.

Comment

The question is who was a better opponent still. Ortiz or Pedvetkin? I still say Ortiz by a mile. Way more skillful and has more size.

AJ still avoids fight with Wilder like the plague until he sees him lose. They are counting on Fury getting the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                Ortiz better? I can see Wildher fangirls literally piss themselves tonight
                Wow it’s pretty ironic of you to call people fan girls when you’re so delusional and obsessed with AJ that you think Wilder is the one ducking. The only explanation in my eyes is that you’re obsessed with AJ it’s pathetic and I seriously think you’re a hom0. I’m not a ****phobe but it’s pretty clear you have some feelings for AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Is this a boxing forum or a mental asylum seriously? Such idiocy you can go on ignore.
                  Povetkin with far more disadvantages, performed better against Joshua than Rigondeaux did against Lomachenko with far less disadvantages.

This is a fact!

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    What is Pedvetkin's best performance? Same with Parker? Whyte?

Luis Ortiz destroyed top 10 Jennings coming off a 12 rounder with Wlad.

Pedvetkin went life and death with Chagaev, Takam, and Huck.
                    He's closer to Stiverne in class.

Parker arguably lost to Hughie Fury who is ranked like 20th, and struggled with Andy Ruiz too.

Whyte had a razor thin fight with Chisora.

Not a single one of them looked as impressive as Ortiz did against top 10 Jennings.
                    Oh wow I stand corrected he beat jennings wow how amazing, who the **** has jennings actually beat himself?

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                      Pov and Ortiz are pretty much the same age. Ortiz is slightly better.
                      Bollocks.
                      Povetkin beats Ortiz. With luck that fight might well happen.

And as if your girly fangirl post wasn’t already obvious you are seriously stating Ortiz is the same age as Povetkin? 😂🤣😂🤣😂 Ortiz is minimum 6 plus years older.

Comment

Working...
                      X