No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Drops, Stops Alexander Povetkin in Seventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
    Joshua's physique is impressive, the most aesthetic top boxer today. For such a big muscular body, he has very good speed and leg movement.

And he has charisma and brains, listening to the after fight interview one can realize that he is not the typical brain-dead champion. He is very articulate and enjoyable to listen to with that exotic accent he has.

Beyond the physical admiration, he seems very strong and intelligent IMHO, to be beaten by Wilder. I think Joshua hits just as hard or harder, and he is smarter although evidently slower because he is way more heavy and muscular.

BTW I am female, not that there would be anything wrong if any guy admired Joshua's physique as much as I do, but I've read so many stupid comments made by idiots on here who are either teenagers or one of those close-minded brainless fools, that I feel I need to state this gender thing so the damn fools don't start commenting idiotic stuff like "that's gay" or whatever stupidity, but I repeat it, nothing wrong at all if any guy also admires his body and presence aside from his great boxing. Just as one did also admire Klitschko's presence and physique as well and when those two titans clashed, Joshua and Wladimir, it was a feast to the eyes, both in the boxing performance level and the physique admiration as well.
    Without trying to find patronising, it's great to see a member of the fairer sex interested in the sweet science.

Now that you've outed your secret, be prepared for all the thirsty virgins that are inevitable in a sausage fest forum like this one.

With regards to your menu about his physique, many are not secure in their sexuality and feel compelled to project onto others. i appreciate a fine specimen such as Joshua, or Haye and others before him, not because I find them attractive, but because I know how much work must have gone in to create and then maintain that body. It shows a level of discipline that I admire in a boxer. Mohammed Ali if around today, probably would have looked similar, but even back then his body looked very impressive without access to all the sports nutrition and conditioning teams we have today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      Was all good on my end.

Were you using a VPN or proxy?
      Would a VPN or proxy mess up the quality???

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I watched on Amazon fire the box not the stick. It was as clear as a Showtime event, not a single buffer.

Comment

• Alexander Povetkin's uppercut-hook combo at the end of round one was a attack they must of trained for considering how soon Alexander managed to get in position to fire it again in such short time from his first attempt -- which had some success landing just the upper at the 32 second mark of round one.

Two instances in this gif : the first attempt comes a few seconds before the second combo, moments before the closing of round one.
          Last edited by 1hourRun; 09-22-2018, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
            I watched on Amazon fire the box not the stick. It was as clear as a Showtime event, not a single buffer.
            Hmmm my sh^t must be effed up for some reason cuz mine was buffering constantly. I watched an illegal stream eventually cuz it was unwatchable.

Why the f#ck can I watch an illegal stream & its smooth as silk, but the legal stream is garbage? Sh^t is nuts.

Comment

It could affect the speed, yes. Some websites try to block VPNs and some go through but bring the speed down to unbearable levels such as Amazon, for example.

Try temporarily disabling it and watching something on DAZN, see if that fixes it. I reckon it should.

Comment

• Just finally saw this on the DAZN app. Some thoughts on the app and presentation:

Saw some variation with the speed, didn't look exactly like cable but it was pretty good for stream. Better than my ESPN and Fox Sports apps.

I liked Brian Kenny. Sergio Mora was okay, sometimes he just piggybacked on what Kenny said...He had some insight at points. Sugar Ray Leonard was a helluva fighter but I think he is a horrific color commentator. He either states the obvious or he states things that are completely incorrect. He has been bad every time he has spoken during a fight regardless of the promotion. The DAZN team didn't sound as biased as I figured they would be.

As for the fight, good stoppage victory for AJ; hopefully Povetkin and his lingering drug suspicions go away from heavyweight title scene for good. That being said, Sacha made AJ look flawed. If Deontay can catch AJ clean like Povetkin did, the fight is over.

I originally favored AJ, as fights have gone on...I think Wilder wins. That being said, the longer this fight waits I think AJ will probably close the gap as he learns. He has a ceiling he hasn't reached, I think Wilder is at his Apex. If this fight happens in April (provided Wilder beats Fury which I don't think is a given), I favor Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                  It's hard to give him a round right now. That overhand right is a problem.
                  The UK judges will give him rounds despite barely landing a punch. Just like all his other fighters.

Comment

Anyone have issues with the DAZN stream? Did the whole free trial thing & it was virtually unwatchable with the pauses & buffering bs.
                    Good luck if you plan to cancel... I went to Google play and was considering the free trial, until I started reading the reviews. Evidently they have several kinks to work out including being able to cancel your subscription. People also complained of major lag, having to reboot the app because it crashes, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by MELLOMAN007 View Post
                      Good luck if you plan to cancel... I went to Google play and was considering the free trial, until I started reading the reviews. Evidently they have several kinks to work out including being able to cancel your subscription. People also complained of major lag, having to reboot the app because it crashes, etc.
                      I'll probably hang on til the free trial ends & enjoy some of the other fights they got in their library or watch fights I might miss after the fact for my entire free trial period even if the stream issues continue. But if the live fights keep with the buffering issues I had for this fight I won't be keeping DAZN past the free trial & will just be using the other streams out there to watch the fights.

Randomly I've tried re-watching the fights now & they are playing perfectly. Maybe they are just lacking the bandwidth when so many people were watching live & it'll be better next time.

I'm optimistic they'll figure it out, but if they don't they are losing my $120 a year cuz I'm in til they show me they can't provide me a quality stream inside of 30 days.

Comment

Working...
                      X