Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Drops, Stops Alexander Povetkin in Seventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua's physique is impressive, the most aesthetic top boxer today. For such a big muscular body, he has very good speed and leg movement.

And he has charisma and brains, listening to the after fight interview one can realize that he is not the typical brain-dead champion. He is very articulate and enjoyable to listen to with that exotic accent he has.

Beyond the physical admiration, he seems very strong and intelligent IMHO, to be beaten by Wilder. I think Joshua hits just as hard or harder, and he is smarter although evidently slower because he is way more heavy and muscular.

BTW I am female, not that there would be anything wrong if any guy admired Joshua's physique as much as I do, but I've read so many stupid comments made by idiots on here who are either teenagers or one of those close-minded brainless fools, that I feel I need to state this gender thing so the damn fools don't start commenting idiotic stuff like "that's gay" or whatever stupidity, but I repeat it, nothing wrong at all if any guy also admires his body and presence aside from his great boxing. Just as one did also admire Klitschko's presence and physique as well and when those two titans clashed, Joshua and Wladimir, it was a feast to the eyes, both in the boxing performance level and the physique admiration as well.
    Last edited by sterilizer; 09-22-2018, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
      You're delusional and you're whispering sweet nothings to yourself. Povetkin would take out ortiz like he did in the amateurs. Tailor made for povetkin
      Then match them up and let's see the two rumble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Anyone have issues with the DAZN stream? Did the whole free trial thing & it was virtually unwatchable with the pauses & buffering bs.
        Was all good on my end.

Were you using a VPN or proxy?

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
          Ortiz is hyped because he is the best Wilder`s win. Bit Please, Ortiz is nowhere near Povetkin.
          Reading through some of these comments you’d think Ortiz was the second coming of a prime Joe Frazier, not a 40 year old Cuban who’s best win is Bryant Jennings...

Comment

• A few things;
            -joshua needs to stop fighting like floyd mayweather and fight like his natural savage self.
            - joshua has a tough chin, not as tough as cinnamon and triple g showed us but definitely tougher than wilders
            -if joshua fights wilder like he did in the 6/7th round against povetkin from the first round he will most likely out tough and outlast wilder within 5 rounds in a classic fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pa[CENTER
              ndas;19129869]Anyone have issues with the DAZN stream? Did the whole free trial thing & it was virtually unwatchable with the pauses & buffering bs.
              Yes, I had the exact same technical difficulties. I was forced to constantly reboot the app.

Comment

• There’s generally not enough appreciation for the difference in styles AJ has overcome in the last few years. He adapts well to each of them and gets the win.

We’ve now seen him overcome different styles of small guys and different styles of tall and rangey and also more technical like (Pov & K) and brawler (Takam & Whyte). What people still see as potential is that he can adapt and win in different ways. It’s not about comparing records but we simply haven’t seen that tested enough from anyone else in the division yet including Fury and Wilder.

I also saw AJ acting like a boss and putting pressure onto Hearn to get the business done in the interviews after. It was almost like he is weary of the discussions of next fights and just can’t be bothered answering the question unless the deals get done. Bit of tension starting to build in that relationship I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
                  Joshua's physique is impressive, the most aesthetic top boxer today. For such a big muscular body, he has very good speed and leg movement.

And he has charisma and brains, listening to the after fight interview one can realize that he is not the typical brain-dead champion. He is very articulate and enjoyable to listen to with that exotic accent he has.

Beyond the physical admiration, he seems very strong and intelligent IMHO, to be beaten by Wilder. I think Joshua hits just as hard or harder, and he is smarter although evidently slower because he is way more heavy and muscular.

BTW I am female, not that there would be anything wrong if any guy admired Joshua's physique as much as I do, but I've read so many stupid comments made by idiots on here who are either teenagers or one of those close-minded brainless fools, that I feel I need to state this gender thing so the damn fools don't start commenting idiotic stuff like "that's gay" or whatever stupidity, but I repeat it, nothing wrong at all if any guy also admires his body and presence aside from his great boxing. Just as one did also admire Klitschko's presence and physique as well and when those two titans clashed, Joshua and Wladimir, it was a feast to the eyes, both in the boxing performance level and the physique admiration as well.
                  Good for you to get involved in this forum, you are right there is a lot of ‘noise’ on here, but some good members as well and female perspective is never a bad thing.

Truth be told pretty much any guy would swap their physique for AJ’s if we had the choice, just not many willing to climb down from pride mountain and admit it.

Comment

• AJ got hit way too much in that fight. But in the end he got the job done which is all that matters. He has some work to do both he and Wilder have flaws. AJ has no head movement I had Povetkin up prior to him getting stopped. I think Povetkin did a good job of not falling out of the ring lol he was clearly out and then AJ put the finishing touches on him. Better fight than the Parker fight for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
                      Joshua's physique is impressive, the most aesthetic top boxer today. For such a big muscular body, he has very good speed and leg movement.

BTW I am female, not that there would be anything wrong if any guy admired Joshua's physique as much as I do, but I've read so many stupid comments made by idiots on here who are either teenagers or one of those close-minded brainless fools, that I feel I need to state this gender think so the damn fools don't start commenting idiotic stuff like "that's gay" or whatever stupidity, but I repeat it, nothing wrong at all if any guy also admires his body and presence aside from his great boxing. Just as one did also admire Klitschko's presence and physique as well and when those two titans clashed, Joshua and Wladimir, it was a feast to the eyes, both in the boxing performance level and the physique admiration as well.
                      They each have advantages and disadvantages. But I think it's time, just as everyone has conceded that AJ is the better technical boxer, all need to concede that Wilder is the harder puncher. There shouldn't even be an argument. Wilder has concussive knock out power, he has the kind of power that detaches people from their senses. AJ certainly has above average power, but it is not in the realm of Wilder's. We are talking about beyond Forman, maybe equaling Tyson possibly surpassing, when you take into consideration the difference in size and muscle between the two fighters. When you also consider that Wilder's punches have put people in to convulsions, has lifted people off the ground, he knocked out a fight with the palm of his glove, and he hit Stivern so hard in the face, that Stivern was complaining Wilder hit him behind the head. AJ's power just doesn't reach that level.

Comment

Working...
                      X