Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White: Conor McGregor is better than Muhammad Ali!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
    A big part of Ali's cultural iconic legend comes from his linguistic genius. Trust me when I say that McGregor's 15 minutes of fame won't afford him the luxury of ever coming up with an iconic quote like "Float like a butterfly, Sting like a bee".
    We can only imagine what Ali’s popularity and charisma would have done today. They were fighting in the black and white era, with no social media and internet to promote and hype their fights yet they were globally recognized and adored.
    While fighters today can barely even squeak a million ppvs. lol

Comment

Mcgregor's mental warfare isnt good. It didnt work against Diaz twice and it didnt work against Floyd. It also isnt working against Khabib and I feel like that's why Dana is putting so much emphasis on it this fight. The Connor made himself look like an ass at the presser and the world is already tired of him. The fight doesnt go past 1

Comment

Ali was more charismatic and witty and not only did he get into his opponent's heads, he got into the heads of the audience.

Conor just gets coked up and calls his opponents bums. Nothing special about that. He used to be more witty and funny, but now he just gets loud and screams rehearsed lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          Ali lost to Frazier in his prime as well and Ali had a height, reach and weight advantage. Conor had disadvantages in all those categories against Nate.

That said, Dana White is right and he was only talking about the promotion of fights and mental warfare. It had nothing to do with fighting ability or resume as you butt hurt twits want to get bent out of shape about.

And you heard he looked terrible vs. Floyd? If you haven't even seen the fight, don't even comment on it. No other MMA fighter would have gone 10 rounds with the best fighter of the last generation.
          Connor had dis advantages against a guy who came to fight on 11 days notice.. tell me more

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
            Connor had dis advantages against a guy who came to fight on 11 days notice.. tell me more
            Nate and Chad both had 11 10 days notice. Some how they give credit to Conor for this LOL. Nate was in Mexico on Vaca when he got the call. Conor has been gifted a lot because hes a money maker. Still hasnt defended a belt in any org.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
              Floyd was 50-0 while winning 26 championship fights. That has actually never been done before. Plus he did it in 5 weight classes while 51-0 guy has stayed at minimumweight. There's a big difference between Floyd's record and that guy from Thailand's record.
              maybe floyd dont think theres a difference.. maybe thats one of the reasons hes coming back? no one knows for sure what his motivation is.. u turned my post into something it wasnt intended for

Comment

Not Even CLOSE!

I like McGregor by the way, big MMA/UFC fan as well but NO Dana White...HELL NO! Sick of people using Legends like Muhammad Ali to hype up current fighters, Jim Lampley also just made some stupid ass comparison of GGG to Ali

Comment

Originally posted by TysonFuryTBE View Post
                  Dana White who has recently moved into boxing said Conor McGregor is better than the great Muhammad Ali in the mental warfare game, in an interview he had last night. When I first heard it obviously as a boxing fan I was RAGING, but then I spoke to a couple of boxing fans and they agreed with Dana White.

all he does is scream and rant, I don't get it. Ali had proper lines and rhymes.

Alex Ferguson was better than them both.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                    Nate and Chad both had 11 10 days notice. Some how they give credit to Conor for this LOL. Nate was in Mexico on Vaca when he got the call. Conor has been gifted a lot because hes a money maker. Still hasnt defended a belt in any org.
                    Oh I love how his fans will say floyd didnt knock out McGregor he just gasped out but refuse to acknowledge Mendes was beating McGregor until he gassed, which is definitely justified because of the short notice.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                      Oh I love how his fans will say floyd didnt knock out McGregor he just gasped out but refuse to acknowledge Mendes was beating McGregor until he gassed, which is definitely justified because of the short notice.
                      This 100 they have every excuse in the book.

Comment

Working...
                      X