Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White: Conor McGregor is better than Muhammad Ali!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    Ali lost to Frazier in his prime as well and Ali had a height, reach and weight advantage. Conor had disadvantages in all those categories against Nate.

That said, Dana White is right and he was only talking about the promotion of fights and mental warfare. It had nothing to do with fighting ability or resume as you butt hurt twits want to get bent out of shape about.

And you heard he looked terrible vs. Floyd? If you haven't even seen the fight, don't even comment on it. No other MMA fighter would have gone 10 rounds with the best fighter of the last generation.
    Ali wasn't prime in 1971. His suspension took his best days and Frazier was an incredible fighter. He's in every respectable top 10 Heavyweight list.

No I didn't watch the fight but Floyd hadn't fought in a while and was in his 40's nor was he a KO artist. Like I said I heard Conor looked crap.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      Well, you've got to be able to back it up for the most part. McGregor has quit in three fights including getting smashed in his prime by Nate Diaz (before getting a lucky decision in a re-match) and then thought he'd conquer boxing by picking on a much smaller, older retired guy and I heard he looked terrible in that fight.

He's a talker but he'll be forgotten in no time just like Ronda Rousey. Ali is still huge and was light years ahead as far as trash talk went.
      And quitting in MMA is quite different than quitting in boxing. (McGregor didn't quit vs. Floyd) When you get choked out or arm barred, it's tap or your career could be over.

Comment

Well, you've got to be able to back it up for the most part. McGregor has quit in three fights including getting smashed in his prime by Nate Diaz (before getting a lucky decision in a re-match) and then thought he'd conquer boxing by picking on a much smaller, older retired guy and I heard he looked terrible in that fight.

He's a talker but he'll be forgotten in no time just like Ronda Rousey. Ali is still huge and was light years ahead as far as trash talk went.
        End thread great post

Comment

And quitting in MMA is quite different than quitting in boxing. (McGregor didn't quit vs. Floyd) When you get choked out or arm barred, it's tap or your career could be over.
          It’s the same in boxing
          In boxing it’s quit or you might be blind for the rest or your life you might have Parkinson’s by next week you might suffer brain damage or bleeding of the brain. There is no difference

Comment

Ali wasn't prime in 1971. His suspension took his best days and Frazier was an incredible fighter. He's in every respectable top 10 Heavyweight list.

No I didn't watch the fight but Floyd hadn't fought in a while and was in his 40's nor was he a KO artist. Like I said I heard Conor looked crap.
            So Ali was 29 years old and had two tune ups before Frazier but he wasn't in his prime? When exactly do you think a fighters prime ends? Lol!

And Frazier was a decent fighter but his whole short legacy was based on beating Ali. He was 5-3 in title fights so no way I'd call him a top ten HW atg.

As far as Conor v. Floyd goes, don't even speak of a fight you didn't watch. Conor was making his pro boxing debut and hit Floyd 2x as much as Berto did.
            And he didn't quit in that fight, so get your facts straight before you comment.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
              end thread

lmaoooooooooo

Comment

So Ali was 29 years old and had two tune ups before Frazier but he wasn't in his prime? When exactly do you think a fighters prime ends? Lol!

And Frazier was a decent fighter but his whole short legacy was based on beating Ali. He was 5-3 in title fights so no way I'd call him a top ten HW atg.

As far as Conor v. Floyd goes, don't even speak of a fight you didn't watch. Conor was making his pro boxing debut and hit Floyd 2x as much as Berto did.
                And he didn't quit in that fight, so get your facts straight before you comment.
                1. Fighters don't age at the same pace but in 1971 fighters often aged quicker than fighters in 2018 especially when one is as based on speed and reflexes as Ali. He lost more than three years. History proves when a fighter is out for so long he's not as good when he comes back. The age isn't set. Was Wilfred Benitez still prime at 25?

2. Frazier is a lot better than "decent" and just about any HW top 10 he's in there. It was actually 5-2 yeah because that was the day of one championship and those losses are against Ali, the consensus #1 all-time who was still great and George Foreman another one who's in every top 10 and some top 5's.

3. I said he quit in three MMA fights not Boxing. I didn't give a **** about that "fight".

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                  It’s the same in boxing
                  In boxing it’s quit or you might be blind for the rest or your life you might have Parkinson’s by next week you might suffer brain damage or bleeding of the brain. There is no difference
                  So then, you know Conor didn't quit in boxing. Glad we cleared that up.

Comment

No other MMA fighter would have gone 10 rounds with the best fighter of the last generation.
                    Nah floyd obviously carried the dude. He was already largely criticized for making that fight, if he blasted the dude in 4-5 rounds or used the philly shell and make conor miss all night he would only be criticized even more so, and proved them right about the cherry pick.
                    Prolonging the fight and fighting like a mexican at least got people entertained. The narrative then changed to “see mcgregor did great! He landed more than most of Floyd’s recent opponents” lmao

Not a big fan, but Floyd knows all that. Why do you think he didn’t use the philly shell? Why do u think he didn’t even punch in the early rounds?
                    Because Conor is a too awkward? A defensive genius? Lmao

Comment

1. Fighters don't age at the same pace but in 1971 fighters often aged quicker than fighters in 2018 especially when one is as based on speed and reflexes as Ali. He lost more than three years. History proves when a fighter is out for so long he's not as good when he comes back. The age isn't set. Was Wilfred Benitez still prime at 25?

2. Frazier is a lot better than "decent" and just about any HW top 10 he's in there. It was actually 5-2 yeah because that was the day of one championship and those losses are against Ali, the consensus #1 all-time who was still great and George Foreman another one who's in every top 10 and some top 5's.

3. I said he quit in three MMA fights not Boxing. I didn't give a **** about that "fight".
                      1) Oh fkn brother. I like how that fits for Ali at 29 and not guys like Vitali who retired for longer, came back older and regained his belt in his first fight back and went on to defend it years beyond when Ali was a retired shell. Roy Jones didn't lose until he was 35 and relied more on athleticism and reflexes moreso than any other fighter in history that I can think of. That explanation is a b@ll**** excuse just to forgive your hero.

2) Frazier is a flash in the pan and beat nobody who was any good in title fights other than Ali. He literally made his name off Ali. He got abused badly twice by Foreman. he should have never even fought him again. End of that story. Those are facts that cannot be disputed.

3) I guess I read the 'quit in MMA' part wrong because you didn't say 'MMA' so I can forgive that even though his wins/losses have not a damn thing to do with Dana White said.

Lastly I love how that triggered you because somebody compared another fighter to your hero Ali!
                      Let me ask you, did it bother you that people (libtard media) compared Colin Kaepernik to Ali in social justice for not doing a mother@cking thing? That's what you should be upset about, chief.

That's the mic drop moment. Don't write me back I'm embarrassed for you at this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X