No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Will Likely Rest, Evaluate Options For 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
    Yeah against the J rocks and Centenos. Jacobs Punked the big one at NYC . I think the charlos have great physical ability, but i feel like if things arent going their way they will fold or try to get out of fights, if you know what i mean. Seen alot of fighters who were talkers and street tough fold . Two examples Mike Tyson, Zab Judah . You have to be mentally tough as well to be a super fighter.
    The Charlo can dish it especially the bigger one, but I don't know if they can take it, and I have serious doubt+ they aren't fundamentally sound enough to me.

GGG still unleashed Hell on Nelo, Nelo took some heat in both fights, I don't care what people say, Nelo has a granit chin, never got dropped as far as I know, and also has a pretty tight guard with great defensive moves.

When you fight GGG, unless you're a defensive block and a warrior like Nelo, you getting hurt, he will go trough your guard.

I'm not sure about the Charlo having the D and hearth to take that kind of heat and risks.

GGG can still fight at the highest level, just like we saw saturday.

Charlos struggling with a past it Trout, so a past it GGG should give them serious issues.

Comment

Both of them pr*cks are ducking the young Lion Jermall Charlo

Comment

3rd fight - the only one that makes sense at 160lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          The Charlo can dish it especially the bigger one, but I don't know if they can take it, and I have serious doubt+ they aren't fundamentally sound enough to me.

GGG still unleashed Hell on Nelo, Nelo took some heat in both fights, I don't care what people say, Nelo has a granit chin, never got dropped as far as I know, and also has a pretty tight guard with great defensive moves.

When you fight GGG, unless you're a defensive block and a warrior like Nelo, you getting hurt, he will go trough your guard.

I'm not sure about the Charlo having the D and hearth to take that kind of heat and risks.

GGG can still fight at the highest level, just like we saw saturday.

Charlos struggling with a past it Trout, so a past it GGG should give them serious issues.
          You said it better than me Billy. I will stright say it. I think both dudes will front run till someone hits them back then they will fold.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I would like to see GGG eschew espn and go to PBC for potential fights with Charlo, Lara, Jrock and Hurd.

IMO he goes to ESPN and fights Murata in Japan and then Saunders in England because they are far more lucrative and easier fights.
            Listen Midget... we can all feel the hate you have for an Asian man all the way from your mom's basement where you are typing.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              I don't know why any of you want GGG to stay at 160.

It pretty much obvious looking at his face at the weigh in making 160 is not good for a man of his age.

I don't know if you guys have been in combat sport (boxing, judo, wrestling), but weight draining is like hang over, it becomes pretty hard to recover from it when your 30s, let alone past 35.

I think going to 168 would rejuvenate him and his power and he would take a bunch of belts here and finally get signature wins + against bigger guys.

At 160 he's going to be weaker getting closer to 40 and the speed in that divisions isn't gonna help.

I understand that the money is at 160 and Loeffler and Abel will lure him into a Nelo rematch or Jacobs/Murata fights but even Murata is no slouch.

Remember when B HOP moved up to 175, he looked old and shot versus Taylor at 160.
              OK, he can go to 168 then. Maybe Arum makes a Zurdo fight. Uzcategui, Dirrell, Benavidez. Maybe he goes to England and fights Degale or Eubank.

I didn't think GGG was having an issue making weight. He didn't look drained in any way to me.

Comment

Damn the tables gave turned so fast for GGG. That's what happens when you chase money. Now you gotta work your way back up the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dramacyde View Post
                  Both of them pr*cks are ducking the young Lion Jermall Charlo
                  You can't logically "duck" a fight for way less money. The only one who has ever ducked anything has been Floyd because he ducked Manny when that was the biggest pay day for him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    OK, he can go to 168 then. Maybe Arum makes a Zurdo fight. Uzcategui, Dirrell, Benavidez. Maybe he goes to England and fights Degale or Eubank.

I didn't think GGG was having an issue making weight. He didn't look drained in any way to me.
                    it is his legs man i think they looked stiff. Maybe if he was at 168 he would need less cardio to get down and do more things where there is no pounding on his knees. I would like to see his training regimen too. I feel he is training very old school . I see where Canelo does everything with speed , power quickness. I feel maybe a strength and conditioning coach would help him. Change up things alittle.

Comment

Cut by a headbutt - LOL. Dude was bleeding since Round 3...from a PUNCH.

Comment

Working...
                      X