Comments Thread For: Arum: Spence Doesn't Want Crawford; We're Ready When He Is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    Arum stopping the fight doe
    Arum is only willing to entertain the fight when it is so big that Showtime/CBS and ESPN would agree to share the burden of putting on the PPV, while taking half of the broadcast fee for PPV.

Tyson-Lewis and Mayweather-Pacquiao are the only two instances in the history of PPV that that has ever happened, yet you want to talk about Arum not stopping the fight? gtfoh

Comment

Smoke and mirrors. Arum knows damn well that he doesn't want to stage that fight anytime soon. He's going to try and protect his prized possession as much as possible and the same goes with Loma. I have no doubt that Loma and Crawford want Garcia and Spence Jr respectively but Bob Arum is about his business. Business wise those fights don't make sense right now. Spence knows this and that's why he's not even stressing the fight. He has options either way in Porter, Thurman, and Garcia. Crawford on the other hand is running out of legit options at welterweight.

Comment

Lol good ole Bob at it again. Just last time he said the fight will happen once it is big enough to do 500k buys but now he is ready to make it? Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
          Porter is bigger than Spence. Garcia is better win that damaged Brook.
          I don't agree, but you may be right. Honestly, I'm mad that Porter never fought Brook again, and hasn't been willing to fight Spence these last 2 years too! After he lost to Thurman, he had opportunities to fight Spence, but it never happened, and now it looks like more delays! Since when does a mandatory override a unification bout? I also think so-called "damaged Brook" is better than Danny Garcia!

Comment

spence called bob out as being the problem, bob realized he's been exposed can't call it a lie because he has to much history, so he says he's changed, its the same old sad love story, baby I've changed.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
              How champions has Spence took out?? 1 to my knowledge...
              How many champions has Crawford took out? 4? 5??
              So who's really the one fighting cans??
              And don't you speak English??
              When Bob said he don't want any selfishness he's pretty much saying he's ready to make the fight...
              What part of his statement didn't you understand??
              Yeah okay n*gga and Bob Arum is a reputable promoter. FOH

Comment

Spence gives off the vibe of a guy who's glad there's a political divide/built-in excuse to not fight the opponent who's the best possible opponent and most difficult style for him. He's got a bit more mouthy recently and seem s to be losing his humility. Hopefully there's a big push for this fight and it can go down in the next 12-18 months.

I think a lot of people are going to be very disappointed with how Bud handles him. Even when you see Spence talk about him it's not what he can or can't do as a fighter it's useless and ignorant drivel about his resume whilst his resume pales in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
                  I hope they do make the fight but I don't think it should be ppv it's not big enough yet it'll flop. Either Crawford should beat Pac first or Spence should be unified champ first to make the fight somewhat ppv worthy otherwise they need to show it on Showtime or ESPN for free. I think they should make the fight now because Crawford doesn't have anyone but top rank guys to fight and Spence is being avoided by Thurman and Porter, plus Mikey may end up fighting Commey. So this would be a good time to make the fight after Crawford wrecks his mando.
                  If Spence were to beat Shawn Porter in a major event (Barclays, Jerryland), and then beat Keith Thurman in a marquee event (MGM Resorts, Barclays Center; likely on PPV), what do you think would be an earnestly rightful split on a Spence-Crawford PPV? LoL

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Spence gives off the vibe of a guy who's glad there's a political divide/built-in excuse to not fight the opponent who's the best possible opponent and most difficult style for him. He's got a bit more mouthy recently and seem s to be losing his humility. Hopefully there's a big push for this fight and it can go down in the next 12-18 months.

I think a lot of people are going to be very disappointed with how Bud handles him. Even when you see Spence talk about him it's not what he can or can't do as a fighter it's useless and ignorant drivel about his resume whilst his resume pales in comparison.
                    The political divide is real. I love Crawford, and I'm glad he's happy with his new deal with TR. However Crawford missed out on some good fights at 140: Amir Imam, Adrian Granados, Omar Figueroa Jr., and Adrien Broner. I don't hold him responsible for that, just like I won't hold Spence responsible if he never fights Crawford! Bud knew where the best WWs were, and chose to go a different route! I hope it works out for him!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Crawford is the #1 WW after beating Jeff Horn?
                      1) Thurman, 2) Spence, 3) Porter, 4) Crawford! Crawford is a great fighter, but Horn and Benavidez are not on the same level as DSG, Porter, and Brook!
                      Yeah. I watch the fighters and believe Crawford a much better fighter all around. I mean Spence took 11 rds to stop a guy with beoken face lol. By the way Algieri said Khan definitely hit harder than spence so lets slow that Hype. Crawford is the true goods imo. Anyway #NOEXCUSES. These fighters must force their teams to make these fights. And i wont,listen to the 'Bobs fault''haymons fault' arguments. Fighters must prove themselves and quit hiding behind excuses. And Spence is full of them

Comment

Working...
                      X