No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Spence Doesn't Want Crawford; We're Ready When He Is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    So when people refuse to fight Crawford, it's their fault, but when people like DSG, Porter, and Thurman, refuse to fight Spence, it's his fault? Definition of a double standard! You're wack for that!
    Them folks have just decided not to fight spence at times because spence had no name and no build up. Not sure if i ever heard all them,say they wouldnt fight spence and if they did im,sure it was because of that (and yeah its bull****) i believe they use that to build up hype for spence just like they used it for GGG (who i also like to watch) Pac isnt gonna fight crawford because crawford is too dangerous of a fight at this time in his life plus not the money he is used to. Which means he should just retire but instead another old folk Mayweather planning on comeback against the old folk Pac lol. Look man i like Spence, Porter, Garcia, and im a big fan of Thurman and i love Crawford. I mean ppl including me been wanting see Porter vs DSG for atleast 4 yrs. It just happened finally a few weeks ago. I watch pro boxing to be entertained by these guys. I got so sick of the may vs pac BS and their fanboys BS that i decided to go with the # NO EXCUSES for fighters. I am sick of the excuse of politics. These guys work for the boxers so it may be a losing battle and i may get a few guys talking who love the excuses because it somehow enhances their lives talking and aruing about it every day for yrs....but I as an individual would love for great fights to consistantly happen with top guys and not,just every 2,3, or 4 or even more yrs. I dont think,im,crazy for this idea...and i dont like seeing fightees lay out a ton,of excuses why they aint fighting crawford etc etc etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
      Them folks have just decided not to fight spence at times because spence had no name and no build up. Not sure if i ever heard all them,say they wouldnt fight spence and if they did im,sure it was because of that (and yeah its bull****) i believe they use that to build up hype for spence just like they used it for GGG (who i also like to watch) Pac isnt gonna fight crawford because crawford is too dangerous of a fight at this time in his life plus not the money he is used to. Which means he should just retire but instead another old folk Mayweather planning on comeback against the old folk Pac lol. Look man i like Spence, Porter, Garcia, and im a big fan of Thurman and i love Crawford. I mean ppl including me been wanting see Porter vs DSG for atleast 4 yrs. It just happened finally a few weeks ago. I watch pro boxing to be entertained by these guys. I got so sick of the may vs pac BS and their fanboys BS that i decided to go with the # NO EXCUSES for fighters. I am sick of the excuse of politics. These guys work for the boxers so it may be a losing battle and i may get a few guys talking who love the excuses because it somehow enhances their lives talking and aruing about it every day for yrs....but I as an individual would love for great fights to consistantly happen with top guys and not,just every 2,3, or 4 or even more yrs. I dont think,im,crazy for this idea...and i dont like seeing fightees lay out a ton,of excuses why they aint fighting crawford etc etc etc
      I feel you! However, the reality is, especially in America, there are choices, and there are consequences! DEMS vs. GOP! FOX vs. ESPN. PBC vs. TR vs. GBP! CNN vs. FOX! HBO vs. SHO! I love Crawford, and I sincerely wish him the best, but he didn't put himself in a position to fight the best!

Comment

I feel you! However, the reality is, especially in America, there are choices, and there are consequences! DEMS vs. GOP! FOX vs. ESPN. PBC vs. TR vs. GBP! CNN vs. FOX! HBO vs. SHO! I love Crawford, and I sincerely wish him the best, but he didn't put himself in a position to fight the best!
        Yeah its the reality. However we are the reality. And if we as individuals demand better and dont repeat things and dont believe reality happens to us instead of understanding we are a part of making reality, then we behave and talk in ways that change reality. And...who knows what kinda contracts Spence and all them guys have with PBC? I thought they were hush hush contracts with ppl just assuming one thing or another? So if spence, Thurman, Garcia etc have a contract expire in a yr and decide to resign with PBC will the ppl who love the excuses then also decide to say that those ppl decided not to put themselves in position to fight Crawford and decided against fighting on the biggest Sports stage in the entire world? I mean like i have said before 5 yrs ago or whenever PBC came out alot of ppl including myself was excited to have all these big names in the sport and thought within a 2 yr period these divisions, WW being the biggest, were gonna be settled because all the big boys were on PBC payroll. Now Thurman beat Garcia, Porter. And it took all this time up until 2 weeks ago to get Garcia vs Porter! Spence aint fought much and gis biggest win is against a guy moving down from MW and had his face broken. Plus it took him 11 rds to beat him! Now to say Crawford messed up by taking big money to fight in the worldwide leader of sports programming and ve showcased as the MAN doesnt make sense to me whatsoever because if ge went to PBC he may fight once every 11 months and have a fight with Algueri or Berto or whoever all those guys pass around there. So my bottom line is that the fighters demand fights in order to be historic ATG fighters. And if they dont they will have a couple moments in the spotlight, cashout, and be forgotten about and the next generation will have that to look up too and be even worse. Uts truly up to the fighters. Everything else is smoke and mirrors and excuses IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
          Yeah its the reality. However we are the reality. And if we as individuals demand better and dont repeat things and dont believe reality happens to us instead of understanding we are a part of making reality, then we behave and talk in ways that change reality. And...who knows what kinda contracts Spence and all them guys have with PBC? I thought they were hush hush contracts with ppl just assuming one thing or another? So if spence, Thurman, Garcia etc have a contract expire in a yr and decide to resign with PBC will the ppl who love the excuses then also decide to say that those ppl decided not to put themselves in position to fight Crawford and decided against fighting on the biggest Sports stage in the entire world? I mean like i have said before 5 yrs ago or whenever PBC came out alot of ppl including myself was excited to have all these big names in the sport and thought within a 2 yr period these divisions, WW being the biggest, were gonna be settled because all the big boys were on PBC payroll. Now Thurman beat Garcia, Porter. And it took all this time up until 2 weeks ago to get Garcia vs Porter! Spence aint fought much and gis biggest win is against a guy moving down from MW and had his face broken. Plus it took him 11 rds to beat him! Now to say Crawford messed up by taking big money to fight in the worldwide leader of sports programming and ve showcased as the MAN doesnt make sense to me whatsoever because if ge went to PBC he may fight once every 11 months and have a fight with Algueri or Berto or whoever all those guys pass around there. So my bottom line is that the fighters demand fights in order to be historic ATG fighters. And if they dont they will have a couple moments in the spotlight, cashout, and be forgotten about and the next generation will have that to look up too and be even worse. Uts truly up to the fighters. Everything else is smoke and mirrors and excuses IMO.
          It's up to the fighters who they sign with! After that, it's up to the promoters! Some fighters have to take action to have the freedom to do as they choose (Oscar, Floyd, Cotto, Mikey) and some are bound to their promoters' wishes (Pacquiao, Crawford)! It is what it is!

Comment

It's up to the fighters who they sign with! After that, it's up to the promoters! Some fighters have to take action to have the freedom to do as they choose (Oscar, Floyd, Cotto, Mikey) and some are bound to their promoters' wishes (Pacquiao, Crawford)! It is what it is!
            Exactly. They have choice. And choices are ESPN who everyone knows and watches. Or showtime,who pulls in about 600 k watchers on a good night. Crawford made right move. For the right deal. Now everyone else is free to do so. But my point is still...Fighters have power to force their management and promoters to do fights that their fans want. And i again, do not wanna hear excuses. My stance is very easy stance. I dont give a **** who the companys are...i want fighters to force fights and i do not wanna see a drunk fighter laying out a crazy amount of excuses as to why he wont fight a guy lol. To the extreme as the promoter who promotes alot of PBC fights actually has to step in and say "we wont know til we get there " lol. Thats crazy. Gey maybe im just an old fart who doesnt like the sissy generations doing these soap opera teases. Idk. But i remain strong...# NO EXCUSES. If all the rest of ppl on jere are ok with excuses then thats on them. I am just one guy with one opinion on this

Comment

Working...
            X