Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: If Team Wilder Want Joshua - Why Won't They Reply?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
    Serious question, has the Wilder vs Fury fight been agreed/ been confirmed yet?
    Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    I’m pretry sure it’s because they’re still doing final negotiations for Wilder Vs Fury
    According to Frank Warren, Wilder vs Fury is a done deal, 100% finalised for later this year, and he is just waiting for Finkel to tell him the date and venue.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      If Wilder smashes Fury, then of course, no rematch necessary. However, if Fury wins (good possibility), or makes it a 12 round nail-biter, then Wilder should go with Fury! The contingency plan should be to have Breazeale fight Ortiz on the undercard! If Breazeale wins, he becomes a credible opponent overnight! If Ortiz wins, then he gets a well-deserved rematch! Like I said, Finkel has 50 million reason not to call Hearn...EVER!
      In AJ's last interview, he said he would still fight Wilder in April, even if he loses to Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
        Gotta disagree. Wilder v Fury is a good fight that I'm looking forward to but I'd prefer to see AJ get in there with Wilder. Hopefully not too far ahead.
        We all would've preferred to see Wilder vs. Joshua, but they drew first blood! Flat-fee offer was very disrespectful! Anyway, karma is a b***h!

Comment

I think it makes more sense for Team Wilder to beat Fury first. There is NO denying that after beating Fury, they have more leverage when they come back to the table. The issue for me is after beating Fury, the Joshua-Wilder fight would become soooo big that April 2019 is too short to promote/maximise the potential of that fight. Joshua would have to move off that “April 2019” date.

Comment

Everyone knows youre full of sh|t eddie. Your fighter asked for a certain amount, to fight. Eddie has to make sure the money is there??? ,When its confirmed......nah we were just playing. WE ALREADY KNOW YOURE TRYING TO DELAY THE FIGHT FOR TWO YEARS.
            Where are ALL THOSE BIG BOXERS you were going to sign?
            Has a Billion Dollars to sign talent, but cant manage to sign big names. Boxers talk, and they arent talking good about DAZN.
            They see he turned down the largest guaranteed purse for a HW TITLE FIGHT. THEY SEE youre full of sh|t eddie

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              In AJ's last interview, he said he would still fight Wilder in April, even if he loses to Fury.
              That's nice to know, but f**k AJ! I hope Wilder vs. Fury is as good as Canelo vs. GGG!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Nobody cares about that fight right now! Wilder vs. Fury is THE FIGHT, and there's a good possibility of an immediate rematch! Shelly Finkel has 50 million reasons not to call Eddie Hearn...EVER!
                You mean the 50million reasons that won't be there without AJ?

Neither Wilder nor Fury will earn $50million fighting each other. I'll be astonished if they share half that amount between them.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                  Serious question, has the Wilder vs Fury fight been agreed/ been confirmed yet?
                  Nope, nothing.

Fury said he expects it to be announced this week and he's definitely in training camp, so he seems to think it's going ahead at least.

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
                    I've had a feeling they were waiting for the AJ/Pov fight week to come - it's here now so I won't be surprised if it gets announced this week.

If not, you got to wonder - didn't Tyson fight a month ago?
                    If it doesn't get announced soon, then Hearn may have a point, Wilder's team could still be in communication with Hearn as a possible option should the negotiations with Fury stall/break-down.

Comment

when AJ/Hearn make a real and reasonable offer then we will know they are serious about fighting Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X