Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk vs. Bellew Finalized - November 10 in Manchester Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
    Holy ****. How is Bellew gonna make 199 pounds by November 10th? Dude is gonna be drained for sure. I guarantee he's way north of 220.
    ... way north, for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
      Wilder fans are now starting to accuse Usyk of doping.

You guys want to hear something funny?
      Wilder's career.

It's always the foreign fighters. Usyk, AJ, Pac, Loma.
      Never the American fighters.
      Yes and Wilder hasn't fought 6 times in a row abroad against an opponent in his backyard to collect World titles.

Comment

Bellew: "Make no mistake, I know this is the most dangerous fight of my life but I’m also going into this with my eyes wide open, I’m not in awe of Usyk. I won't stand and admire him and allow him to rattle off five-punch combinations on my head.

"He’s meeting someone who’s just as quick as him, someone that’s competed at a division lighter than him and someone that's come across fighters much more powerful than him.

"I’m going into this fight with absolutely nothing to lose because the whole World thinks I’m going to get smashed. I have everything to gain and nothing to lose. On November 10 I’m going to do something that nobody has ever done before, I’m going to knockout an undisputed Cruiserweight Champion of the World."

Well .. Tony remembered to start his statement with, "Make no mistake .."

But he didn't end it with either, "No doubt about it!" or, "Of that there is no doubt!"

He's going to lose and he knows it .. of that there is no doubt!

Seriously .. it's an awesome match. Bellew will put up a good fight, but he'll lose on points, imo.

Comment

Come November 10th, Oleksandr Usyk will have faced:

Krzysztof Glowacki in Poland
          Michael Hunter in America
          Marco Huck in Germany
          Mairis Briedis in Latvia
          Murat Gassiev in ******
          Tony Bellew in the UK

Real world champ!!!

Comment

usyk by late KO.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean
              Come November 10th, Oleksandr Usyk will have faced:

Krzysztof Glowacki in Poland
              Michael Hunter in America
              Marco Huck in Germany
              Mairis Briedis in Latvia
              Murat Gassiev in ******
              Tony Bellew in the UK
              Thats a real old school World Champ !

Comment

it will be 2 years since Bellew fought last time at CW...

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                  But the buyrates of previous fights suggest it is..

The purses commanded by the fighters make it impossible to budget the fight without ppv revenue.

Matchroom receives 20 percent of gross.. that's the standard PPV contract they have with any and every ppv fighter and they've been open about that.

When did sky drop PPV because of what Eddie Hearn put on? Barring the audley v hate debacle.

If you want to moan about a UK broadcaster needlessly shoehorning in PPV models.. moan at ITV and now BT sport with Warren who have royally mugged off everyone subscribing to boxnation.

The only fights that have been PPV outside of AJ this calendar year is bellew and Whyte right? ( May need checking ) but Both of which sold over 400k respectively..so the market dictates they were PPV.

Warren has had ggg v canelo, Pacquiao fights & loads of big name fighters on boxnation over the years. They've been great value for money while hearn has carried on where he left off with his ppv formula. It was the harrison haye fight that killed ppv & it was hearn behind it

Comment

Usyk should be too good for the bomber

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
                      A well known British fighter who was WBC champion challenging the undisputed cruiserweight champion for all the belts. Of course its PPV. Why don't you ask your mummy to buy it for you.
                      exactly

It’s a good scrap on paper ... might try and get tickets for this one

Comment

Working...
                      X