Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk vs. Bellew Finalized - November 10 in Manchester Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pedro1098 View Post
    im going to hold my hands up here, i know nothing about usyk, boxing rec says 15 fights, 31years old etc,

if i took usyk & compare him to AJ 15 fights is it fair to say usyk is more advanced?

we "as fans" know what we are getting with TB, seasoned pro, slippy,box/puncher.. the weight loss might drain him as he looked "right" in haye2 fight,
    tony will get up if knocked down,he will give his last in the ring.

i have watched a clip on tube on usyk & the 1st thought was clumsy ..

7 pages in & everyone is saying TB will loose,lets just wait & see
    The guys the undisputed CW champion and steamrolled over nearly everyone in the WBSS to get there.. he is easily in the top 5 p4p and in many peoples top 3 right now and you dont know who he is?

he made an undefeated champion in glowacki look less than bang average. he ran through Huck.. fought a close but deserved win against breidis to unify and then made gassiev look like a novice for undisputed.

Dont know what YT clip you watched but Usyk is currently the dogs bo11ocks in alot of peoples eyes.

Comment

Usyk is going to school bellew

Comment

Originally posted by pedro1098 View Post
        im going to hold my hands up here, i know nothing about usyk, boxing rec says 15 fights, 31years old etc,

if i took usyk & compare him to AJ 15 fights is it fair to say usyk is more advanced?

we "as fans" know what we are getting with TB, seasoned pro, slippy,box/puncher.. the weight loss might drain him as he looked "right" in haye2 fight,
        tony will get up if knocked down,he will give his last in the ring.

i have watched a clip on tube on usyk & the 1st thought was clumsy ..

7 pages in & everyone is saying TB will loose,lets just wait & see
        You don't know **** about boxing ! Usyk´s 15 pro fights > AJ´s 15 pro fights. Usyk has won 4 World titles against 4 undefeated World Champs in their backyard. Joshua has won "just" 3 World titles in 21 pro fights and all in his backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
          The guys the undisputed CW champion and steamrolled over nearly everyone in the WBSS to get there.. he is easily in the top 5 p4p and in many peoples top 3 right now and you dont know who he is?

he made an undefeated champion in glowacki look less than bang average. he ran through Huck.. fought a close but deserved win against breidis to unify and then made gassiev look like a novice for undisputed.

Dont know what YT clip you watched but Usyk is currently the dogs bo11ocks in alot of peoples eyes.
          I assume Pedro is Latino and the thing is Latinos don't care about weight divisions wich Latinos don't rule. Thats why he doesn't know anything about Usyk.

Comment

Usyk fighting a bonafide Heavyweight:

Comment

I think Bellew has a chance. At the end of January, Usyk had a Majority Decision (113-115, 114-114, 113-115)
              against Mairis Briedis. It was Briedis's only loss and he is excellent, but I think it illustrates that Usyk can be hit.

Comment

If Bellew can uncontroversially pull it off, he is the future HOF. But somehow I doubt it..

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                  Why wouldn't it be? The market dictates it is..

Bellew just fought in two back to back. Usyk is the undisputed champion of the division.

The market base will pay for it and the purses dictate it. Not surprising it's ppv at all.

You're looking at it through your own opinion on its worthiness of ppv , not through what the financials and the industry would dictate it to be
                  I think the disconnect here is that the UK standard for a PPV is far below what it is in the US, 95% of the PPV fights in the UK are premium cable affairs in the US, even Wlad/Joshua was showtime/HBO, this fight is def not a PPV fight anywhere else but the UK.

Now keep in mind, the Brits pay like 25 bucks per a PPV, which is why PPV gates in the UK will never touch PPV gates in the US, so it does somewhat even out at the end of the day.

This is a great fight, but more of a regular television one.

Comment

Originally posted by PotentialToast View Post
                    I think Bellew has a chance. At the end of January, Usyk had a Majority Decision (113-115, 114-114, 113-115)
                    against Mairis Briedis. It was Briedis's only loss and he is excellent, but I think it illustrates that Usyk can be hit.
                    LOL LOL !!!! And now watch who was in Usyk´s corner in the Briedis and in the Gassiev fight. 2 different trainers. In the Briedis fight it was his friend Vatamanyuk and in the Gassiev fight Loma´s father. Usyk himself fired Vatamanyuk after the Briedis fight because he is that poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
                      LOL LOL !!!! And now watch who was in Usyk´s corner in the Briedis and in the Gassiev fight. 2 different trainers. In the Briedis fight it was his friend Vatamanyuk and in the Gassiev fight Loma´s father. Usyk himself fired Vatamanyuk after the Briedis fight because he is that poor.
                      Loma's dad is a genius. He should be available for this fight due to it being 4 weeks before Vasily's next bout.

Comment

Working...
                      X