Collapse
No announcement yet.

Details of Usyk's contract

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bellow is a monster payday for Usyk so a great starting point for him, then he moves to Heavyweight. Yes, he doesnt speak great English but there are parallels with Sagan from cycling with whom performance and character have transcended language. It can also add character: GGG's big drama show? And if he is as good as people say: Whyte (fills O2 @20000 and PPV fighter), Parker (who is popular in UK and Duku has good relationship with Matchroom) and Joshua are monster pay days for him as well. Fury? His future is looking good and he can box.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      Usyk v Joshua will be the next superfight. What has become very clear is that Joshua has other options outside of wilder.
      Joshua ( who hasn't had the best numbers in the U.S.) vs Usyk ( who isn't even known in the U.S ) the next SuperFight ?
      Post like that are the reason your called a fanboy .

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
        Ahhh ... The old " sign with me and I promise you Joshua " tactic .
        Hey it got him Ortiz .
        He has a fairly intelligent promotion behind him, K2 is a Klitschko company and I think they know what they are signing.

Even if he doesnt fight AJ, the fact that he can have the other HWs to practice on is enough.

Comment

Joshua ( who hasn't had the best numbers in the U.S.) vs Usyk ( who isn't even known in the U.S ) the next SuperFight ?
          Post like that are the reason your called a fanboy .
          The U.S isn't everything mate. If it was then Joshua wouldn't be earning about 5 times as much per fight as wilder

Comment

Is Parker with Hearn/Dazn now?

Interesting that if Uysk wins he's moving to HW. His people said a couple weeks ago that he wasn't planning on moving to HW so soon. Guess that stance changed.

Comment

Originally posted by PotentialToast View Post
              Bellow is a monster payday for Usyk
              How much are people speculating Usyk gets for Bellow?

Usyk for sure got $10M+ for his last 3 fights & I believe ~$5M-$6M for the WBSS final iirc.

Comment

Ahhh ... The old " sign with me and I promise you Joshua " tactic .
                Hey it got him Ortiz .
                I hope Usyk got a clear blueprint to Joshua if thats the way he's gonna go otherwise I agree with you. Although in fairness Hearn might be a size queen & think Usyk, since a 200lber coming up, isn't that much of a threat so won't do him like he did with Ortiz & Wilder with these c#ck block like situations.

Meanwhile I think I'd favor Usyk in theory, as I'd still like to see what he actually looks like & how he fights at HW, cuz I'm not final answering the who wins Joshua vs Usyk question quite yet.

Comment

Do you think fighting Exclusively on DAZN will bring him that much needed exposure ?
                  Its a safe bet it won't out of the gate.

Long term it'll depend on how the platform is promoted & the product they are selling & specifically the product Hearn is selling through DAZN to American boxing fans.

Right now my long term prediction with their current roster & plans I don't think they light the US boxing landscape on fire any time soon (next 12-24mos). I mean even that WBSS tournament has 3 US boxers & 2 Latinos (iirc) outta 24 participants.

Comment

The deal was one in the U.K. And two in America.

Would suggest the intention is to use those fights and then he lined up for joshua

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Is Parker with Hearn/Dazn now?

Interesting that if Uysk wins he's moving to HW. His people said a couple weeks ago that he wasn't planning on moving to HW so soon. Guess that stance changed.
                      I don't think he officially is, however if you listen to Hearn, he constantly mentions Parker and takam as potential fights suggesting his relationship is good enough that they could well easily show on sky sports/DAZN again - and potentially could end up contracted

Comment

Working...
                      X