Collapse
No announcement yet.

Details of Usyk's contract

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if Usyk has been able to pull decent numbers anywhere? I'm a fan but I know CW isn't a big money division and, despite his talent, I'm not imagining him to be a highly marketable guy. Just wondering if he's been able to catch a break in the EU.
    I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Who knows, we have to wait and see. I think fighting Bellew which is a winner able fight would expose him to a different audience. DAZN is a new platfrom that we don't know off so i can't speak on that.
      Different audience = U.K .
      Bellew isn't known in the U.S and Usyk even less .
      I personally think that joining DAZN's the wrong move IF what he's looking for is more exposure . In DAZN you have a Brand New streaming service which will be lucky to get 20,000 subscribers in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Does anyone know if Usyk has been able to pull decent numbers anywhere? I'm a fan but I know CW isn't a big money division and, despite his talent, I'm not imagining him to be a highly marketable guy. Just wondering if he's been able to catch a break in the EU.
        I hope so.
        Well he said he never made any real money until the WSB.

He could potentially sell stadiums in Ukraine, but that's still not big money. There is no TV money in Ukraine.

I think this was the best possible move for him. Try to build him in the UK as the guy who goes on a run taking out British guys before taking on THE Brit which is AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
          I personally think that joining DAZN's the wrong move IF what he's looking for is more exposure . In DAZN you have a Brand New streaming service which will be lucky to get 20,000 subscribers in the U.S.
          Well, no way for him to get exposure in the US regardless.

Who will he fight there? No cruisers or HWs other than Wilder to fight.

With Hearn he has a solid couple of opponents to acclimate to the division and AJ at the end of the line.

Fighting in the UK he will get most exposure possible.

He is still a Ukraine based fighter. He didn't move to Germany like the Klits which allowed them to become huge there as Germans saw them as partially as their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
            ... He didn't move to Germany like the Klits which allowed them to become huge there as Germans saw them as partially as their own.
            And one of the key parts of their success was that Klitschko started to communicate in German almost from the start somehow.
            So, Usyk needs to significantly improve his (rudimentary) English ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              I hope so.
              At the moment, the money is in the UK and US. Germany is done as a boxing country. Eastern Europe does have interest but is lacking funds.

There's no question that Usyk is doing the right thing in pursuing his career in the UK. Whether it has to be with Hearn is another matter.

Comment

Usyk v Joshua will be the next superfight. What has become very clear is that Joshua has other options outside of wilder.

Comment

Definitely more UK audience hence him fighting Bellew. Not sure who the leading fighters are in around cruiserweight that are known to america/latino fans but once he beats Bellew he can move on from there.

I personally don't care who shows a fight as long as fights are broadcast to fans, if he gets a Showtime/HBO/PBC/FOX showcasing in future then great for everyone involve. Maybe non of them showed any interest as of now, maybe he was offered more money/activities or promised a Joshua under DAZN. Am sure Hearn would use his golden goose as a parrot when trying to get fighters under his banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Definitely more UK audience hence him fighting Bellew. Not sure who the leading fighters are in around cruiserweight that are known to america/latino fans but once he beats Bellew he can move on from there.

I personally don't care who shows a fight as long as fights are broadcast to fans, if he gets a Showtime/HBO/PBC/FOX showcasing in future then great for everyone involve. Maybe non of them showed any interest as of now, maybe he was offered more money/activities or promised a Joshua under DAZN. Am sure Hearn would use his golden goose as a parrot when trying to get fighters under his banner.
                    Ahhh ... The old " sign with me and I promise you Joshua " tactic .
                    Hey it got him Ortiz .

Comment

Ahhh ... The old " sign with me and I promise you Joshua " tactic .
                      Hey it got him Ortiz .
                      Lol, yeah he has the same sort of "Contract" with Team Jarrel Miller.

Comment

Working...
                      X