Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mayweather The Most Hated Boxer Of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Youll find theres no unbeaten fighter in the top ten in credible lists. Pac is in the top ten now that you mention Pac in a Floyd thread? The fact that they are unbeaten is that they didnt take risks. Tried to get things in favour.
    Floyd never fought outside his backyard so isnt a world champion like the Alis of this world or SRR or Pacs.
    If Floyd had of fought outside his backyard he might have endeared himself to the people more. Look at the footage of Ali meeting the poor, in different areas of Africa, or Uk or wherever in the world. The word world champ dont suit floyd as much as others.
    I like Floyd though. When he speaks i like him a lot. How he stutters. He sounds humble when he talks in general. I got nothing against him out of ring. Its his career that has been frustrating to me.
    Theres so many fighters i wish Floyd fought that would have been real interesting. He didnt go out of his way to give people those fights.
    From 2006 until you perish, you will do nothing but talk about Floyd. I bet you even opened your account here with the sole intention to slag Floyd off. The guy destroyed your life irrevocably.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
      Talk to me about Pac's fights with Sergio and GGG.
      This comment has confused me. If i spend the rest of today pondering this comment i might still not know what you mean. But i'll hazzard a guess. But i'll put a comment back to you to see if you understand me.
      Did floyd win titles in 8 divisions?

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
      From 2006 until you perish, you will do nothing but talk about Floyd. I bet you even opened your account here with the sole intention to slag Floyd off. The guy destroyed your life irrevocably.

I like Floyd. People who hate floyd start threads on him. I praise Floyd often. I just comment on threads others make up like this one. Dont exagerate that im a man of dishonour.

Comment

Originally posted by lee majors View Post
        1. Jack Johnson
        2.Muhammad Ali
        3. Floyd Mayweather
        If you base it on numbers I think it's without a doubt Mayweather.

World population in the 1920's (Jack Johnson's era) was around 1.9 billion

World population in the 1970's (Ali) was around 3.6 billion

World population is currently 7.6 billion. With TV, the internet, things like Youtube, I think more people have heard of Mayweather and have hated him than any fighter ever.

Comment

please, dude. just please.

this is a country with a vicious racial history. i'd urge you to look back at the history of this sport, particularly the HW championship, and to go back before world war 2.

or look at the career of muhammad ali. ali was not always a universally beloved figure. really, you can look it up for yourself, the man was vilified.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            If you base it on numbers I think it's without a doubt Mayweather.

World population in the 1920's (Jack Johnson's era) was around 1.9 billion

World population in the 1970's (Ali) was around 3.6 billion

World population is currently 7.6 billion. With TV, the internet, things like Youtube, I think more people have heard of Mayweather and have hated him than any fighter ever.

you can't be serious if you think more people have heard of floyd mayweather htan have heard of muhammad ali. you're not worth the time it takes to type out a 50 word response.

Comment

All-time? Probably not. He’s an awful human being though. In this era he’s up there for most hated.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                His career from 140lbs upwards was a joke.

Avoided Hatton, Cotto, Margarito, Mosley, Tszyu and Pacquiao whilst in their prime.

Dragged Marquez up 2 weights, caught Canelo whilst green, fought a shot and weight drained DLH. Fought one of the worst champions of all time Baldomir. Fought Judah AFTER Baldomir dealt with him.

It's disgusting for a man of his talents. He's the biggest cherry picker of all time.
                Weren't hatton and cotto on record saying they werent ready for mayweather years before they fought?

Didn't mosley duck mayweather because of his too?

Didn't Tszyu ignore mayweather calling him out for years then ended up losing to ricky hatton?

Didn't pacquiao back out of the fight then have his promoter bob arum make a million of excuses as to why they can't fight from 2010-12???

Wasn't canelo the #1 ranked light middleweight #9 p4p and already defended his 154 WBC belt 6 times before fighting him?

Didn't he move up in weight to fight ODH when ODH was the 154 WBC champ?

Didn't people claim floyd was ducking baldomir and wasn't baldomir the WBC and lineal 147 champion?

Hmmmm FACTS ARE NOT ON YOUR SIDE. BOOM ITS OVER

Image result for bomb gif
                Last edited by mcdonalds; 09-02-2018, 10:23 AM.

Comment

It was something thou seeing him all in his feelings watching a 3rd world citizen rise up. If he really went and tried to clean up the sport, it would be a different story. Not most hated but the one fighter who showed all kinds of hate. Kinda wish floyd would keep calling out pac for roiding like all of Floyd's fans. Now it just seems phoney. This is not like other sports with seasons and tournaments where there is no choice to battle. Boxing is different. That's where some fans have reservations on his undefeated record. Can't hate in how he wanted his legacy to stand in boxing n can't hate on how fans rate his legacy too.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Is that your personal take on it.
                    No it’s because he messed people about too much. Tried get things in his favour all the time.
                    Didn’t fight the people people wanted him to at the time they wanted him to.
                    Claimed to be TBE and didn’t behave as if he wanted to do what he had to do to be that. Never fought outside backyard. So the word world champ don’t suit him as well as other champions. If he fought outside his country he might have endeared himself more. He’s did enough to be an A t g mind you.
                    But never went extra mile. Claimed he’d beat ggg but don’t do it. Could have beat Sergio but didn’t as he’s not risk taker.
                    Sounds like the man worked the craft perfectly. Got you people hanging on every word he said to marinate fights, beat your heroes, retired a damn near billionaire.

His job was never to make you happy. He was a prize fighter.

Comment

Jack Johnson must be without a doubt the most hated boxer at least in the US. For the most part Mayweather was intensly disliked by his detractors. Johnson was hated. He won a match against Jim Jeffries and race riots broke out across the U.S. apparently 20 people were killed. Google it....

Comment

Working...
                      X