Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mayweather The Most Hated Boxer Of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Is that your personal take on it.
    No it’s because he messed people about too much. Tried get things in his favour all the time.
    Didn’t fight the people people wanted him to at the time they wanted him to.
    Claimed to be TBE and didn’t behave as if he wanted to do what he had to do to be that. He’s did enough to be an A t g mind you.
    But never went extra mile. Claimed he’d beat ggg but don’t do it. Could have beat Sergio but didn’t as he’s not risk taker.
    Top 10 all time great on every credible list/site. The fact he gets rated so high even though he's so hated shows how great he is. Not a risk taker though. Stay salty. Meanwhile your hero Pacquiao is tumbling down. 50 years from now only hardcores will know his name.

Comment

I would say that Golovkin is the most hated. Have you guys ever read this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Top 10 all time great on every credible list/site. The fact he gets rated so high even though he's so hated shows how great he is. Not a risk taker though. Stay salty. Meanwhile your hero Pacquiao is tumbling down. 50 years from now only hardcores will know his name.
        Youll find theres no unbeaten fighter in the top ten in credible lists. Pac is in the top ten now that you mention Pac in a Floyd thread? The fact that they are unbeaten is that they didnt take risks. Tried to get things in favour.
        Floyd never fought outside his backyard so isnt a world champion like the Alis of this world or SRR or Pacs.
        If Floyd had of fought outside his backyard he might have endeared himself to the people more. Look at the footage of Ali meeting the poor, in different areas of Africa, or Uk or wherever in the world. The word world champ dont suit floyd as much as others.
        I like Floyd though. When he speaks i like him a lot. How he stutters. He sounds humble when he talks in general. I got nothing against him out of ring. Its his career that has been frustrating to me.
        Theres so many fighters i wish Floyd fought that would have been real interesting. He didnt go out of his way to give people those fights.
        Last edited by hugh grant; 09-02-2018, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
          I can't think of any other boxer who divides boxing fans more than he does, can you?
          This guys a legend look what the guy has accomplished of course yes he acts like an idiot, for me he was a great showman one of the best ever. I dont recognise the last fight but was certainly good business.

Comment

No it’s because he messed people about too much. Tried get things in his favour all the time.
            Claimed to be TBE and didn’t behave as if he wanted to do what he had to do to be that. Never fought outside backyard. So the word world champ don’t suit him as well as other champions. If he fought outside his country he might have endeared himself more. He’s did enough to be an A t g mind you.
            But never went extra mile. Claimed he’d beat ggg but don’t do it. Could have beat Sergio but didn’t as he’s not risk taker.
            He would have lost money if he fought outside of the US. I suspect you're a AJ Fan.

The reason why people say AJ shoukd fight outside the UK, is because he can make more money in the US and become Global.

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
              He would have lost money if he fought outside of the US. I suspect you're a AJ Fan.

The reason why people say AJ shoukd fight outside the UK, is because he can make more money in the US and become Global.
              See it’s all about money with floyd not legacy and historians can see that. That’s why floyd isn’t top 10 in any credible lists. Making floyd top 10 would set a dangerous precedent where everyone will try be unbeaten to claim they’re the best. People avoiding the best fights for fans and fights wouldn’t get made.
              Floyd has fans in other countries and they wanted to see floyd. Surely floyd could have put that in his to do list. Just once even. It can’t always be about money. There must come a point when you got enough money

Comment

A lot of people hate Khan. I like his fights but I also like when he loses.

Comment

He came along at the right time during the social media Internet age and was polarizing, Ali was hated Robinson was hated by many Louis the list is a mile wide , the difference is there was no means for the masses to express it which totally distorts the reality of how Floyd appears to the masses today, people in general are sheep following other sheep, that's a perfect storm for social media to go mental.

Comment

His career from 140lbs upwards was a joke.

Avoided Hatton, Cotto, Margarito, Mosley, Tszyu and Pacquiao whilst in their prime.

Dragged Marquez up 2 weights, caught Canelo whilst green, fought a shot and weight drained DLH. Fought one of the worst champions of all time Baldomir. Fought Judah AFTER Baldomir dealt with him.

It's disgusting for a man of his talents. He's the biggest cherry picker of all time.

Comment

Claimed to be TBE and didn’t behave as if he wanted to do what he had to do to be that. Never fought outside backyard. So the word world champ don’t suit him as well as other champions. If he fought outside his country he might have endeared himself more. He’s did enough to be an A t g mind you.
                      Talk to me about Pac's fights with Sergio and GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X