No announcement yet.

Barry Hearn: "I would wait 2 years to fight Wilder"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
    Are you and your Dad the same person? You may have come from his nutsack, but you aren't him.
    No but if I'm running a business and the owner tells me to do something, I'm going to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      How could he have gotten Wilder's signature on the contract when he was telling Wilder he needed a few more days to get a date?

If Hearn had to sign Povetkin within 24 hours, why did Povetkin's team say over a week later that they still didn't have a deal?

I said by the time Finkel got a date, it was 2019. There was never a contract sent with a 2018 date, or any language guaranteeing the fight would be next.

https://www.***************.net/2018...ate-at-wembley

"Today I get a letter saying; ‘We’re not going to fight you next, but we’ll fight you the fight after that...and it will be April 13th at Wembley Stadium. So basically, he can tell me next year, but he can’t tell me a date for this year.”

“I never said to Eddie Hearn I would be sending back comments, I wrote to him saying I’m sending back the contract. And he knows the contract would have been signed.

“That’s why today, and all of a sudden, the WBA have turned around and given 24 hours.”

In fact, they send us an offer which is a flat-fee of $15m with a rematch clause, which we accepted, and then a date of September 15th at Wembley – which they knew was the date for Canelo. So, they never had the intention of doing it. How can you go the same day as Canelo?

“They are fighting Povetkin on a later date now so why couldn’t they offer that date to us?

“I asked them on Sunday what date and what venue and they wouldn’t tell us, because they never wanted to do this fight.”
      You can get a signature on a contract without a venue and date. That can come later. It's been done before.

The WBA just wanted Hearn to start serious negotiations with Povetkin's side. They didn't want everything signed and sealed in 24 hours, just negotiations. Sorting a fight out takes longer to bring it together.

You didn't say "By the time Finkle got a date it was 2019" You said Hearn wanted the fight in April of 2019 and not at the end of 2018. Go back and read your bull****. That's why I wanted you to give me evidence of Hearn wanting it next year and not the end of this year. But now you're changing your story? When you spread so many lies someone is going to put you to the sword. I'm that someone. Now get the **** out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        You can get a signature on a contract without a venue and date. That can come later. It's been done before.
        Sure, when you put language in the contract guaranteeing the fight is next. Something Hearn refused to do.

The WBA just wanted Hearn to start serious negotiations with Povetkin's side. They didn't want everything signed and sealed in 24 hours, just negotiations. Sorting a fight out takes longer to bring it together.
        But Wilder was willing to sign that week. Sooner than Povetkin ended up signing. So there's no reason Hearn couldn't have offered 9/22 to Wilder other than he just didn't want to.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          Sure, when you put language in the contract guaranteeing the fight is next. Something Hearn refused to do.

But Wilder was willing to sign that week. Sooner than Povetkin ended up signing. So there's no reason Hearn couldn't have offered 9/22 to Wilder other than he just didn't want to.
          Hearn said the fight was next. You have no evidence that says otherwise. Even though you claimed so.

Wilder's side weren't willing to sign ****. They got what they wanted in the WBA forcing proceedings. Then they came out and started screaming that they weren't going to fight unless they got half of the money. Which was obvious to anyone with a brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
            Hearn said the fight was next.
            but refused to say so in the contract. strange.

Comment

“The fight can only get bigger” not if one or even both of them lose, you senile old b*stard

Comment

Come on Barry, It's a good job you're not the one in charge these days. Marinate the fight, really ?

Now who would say something silly like that..oh

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                  Come on Barry, It's a good job you're not the one in charge these days. Marinate the fight, really ?

Now who would say something silly like that..oh
                  Did I miss some breaking news?

Comment

Working...
                  X