Barry Hearn: "I would wait 2 years to fight Wilder"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry Hearn: "I would wait 2 years to fight Wilder"

"I would have waited 2 years to fight Wilder"

"I think Shelly Finkel wanted to cash in Wilder right away. I think that's crazy"

"If you [Josuhua] told me that you were going to retire in 6 months, then I'd tell you to fight Wilder now. If you're in in for the long run, then that fight can only get bigger."

Eddie listens to his father.

Comment

eddie hearn exposed by barry hearn

he literally said he thinks shelly finkel wants the fight straight away but he himself wants to wait 2 years....then he goes on to regurgitate the bs talking points and says he does not think wilder's team want the fight and repeats the same old propaganda as to why

its like a cult following though with ifltv/sky/eddie hearn in the uk. the fans lap it up.

Comment

Eddie is just a chit talking liar.

Comment

Would suggest you guys listen to the whole interview. Cherry picking takes out of context his whole interview and above doesn't share the view he expressed during the interview at all.

To be absolutely clear though he was adamant he no longer had any influence, other than to offer advice, to matchroom boxing. If Eddie chose to ignore his views he would and has bitten his tongue.

He also suggested 2019 was the right time for he fight; indicated that for April to happen that wilders team need to come back with what they want, even if it is no longer $15m they need to state in writing, not in the press, what it is they do and don't like - currently they just won't respond.

He also confirmed what everybody now knows, that the $50m offer wasn't real - in that it required BT to be the ppv and not sky. Contractually Joshua is exclusive to sky sports and, as well known to all parties this would have meant he couldn't fight on BT.
          Last edited by Kezzer; 08-29-2018, 12:43 AM.

Comment

The BT part is probably true because Frank Warren advised Finkel on the details of the offer to make to Hearn - BT is a complete non-starter regardless of how much the offer is/was.

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
            He also confirmed what everybody now knows, that the $50m offer wasn't real - in that it required BT to be the ppv and not sky. Contractually Joshua is exclusive to sky sports and, as well known to all parties this would have meant he couldn't fight on BT.

Comment

Originally posted by robbietor View Post
              The BT part is probably true because Frank Warren advised Finkel on the details of the offer to make to Hearn - BT is a complete non-starter regardless of how much the offer is/was.
              The BT part is false and was debunked by Finkel weeks ago. Hearn changes his story every week on whether the 50 million was real.

Warren was advising Finkel on what the UK rights were worth, to make sure Sky didn't try to rip Finkel off.

50 million is a lot to guarantee AJ. Maximizing UK revenue was a crucial part of the promotion. Yes, AJ has a Sky contract, so in a situation like that, you do your research on what the value is in the market, you get an offer to prove your position, and you give the other side an opportunity to match.

AJ is the one that said 50 million and I'll sign tomorrow. But how are they supposed to afford the 50 million if they have to give the UK rights to Sky and Sky doesn't have to pay fair market value for the rights? That is where Warren & BT come in. You can't guarantee the rights to Sky if Sky isn't willing to pay fair market value. So if AJ had agreed in principle to the term sheet, that would have been one of the next steps in negotiations, to navigate the existing contractual ties.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                He also confirmed what everybody now knows, that the $50m offer wasn't real - in that it required BT to be the ppv and not sky.
                You're allowing yourself to be brainwashed by Eddie's latest IFL propaganda.

The 50 million was real. Confirmed many times by Hearn himself (although he can never keep his story straight on anything). Confirmed by Showtime. Confirmed by Finkel.

Yes, AJ's broadcaster is Sky. But AJ is the one that asked for 50 million and he'd sign tomorrow, so it's up to his broadcaster to be willing to pay fair market value for the fight so Wilder's side can try to make their money back.

Finkel talked publicly when the 50 million offer was made that there was NO PROBLEM giving the UK rights to Sky, as long as Sky was willing to match BT's offer.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  The BT part is false and was debunked by Finkel weeks ago. Hearn changes his story every week on whether the 50 million was real.

Warren was advising Finkel on what the UK rights were worth, to make sure Sky didn't try to rip Finkel off.

50 million is a lot to guarantee AJ. Maximizing UK revenue was a crucial part of the promotion. Yes, AJ has a Sky contract, so in a situation like that, you do your research on what the value is in the market, you get an offer to prove your position, and you give the other side an opportunity to match.

AJ is the one that said 50 million and I'll sign tomorrow. But how are they supposed to afford the 50 million if they have to give the UK rights to Sky and Sky doesn't have to pay fair market value for the rights? That is where Warren & BT come in. You can't guarantee the rights to Sky if Sky isn't willing to pay fair market value. So if AJ had agreed in principle to the term sheet, that would have been one of the next steps in negotiations, to navigate the existing contractual ties.
                  Didn’t Warren himself say that bt were involved. I’m certain he said that he knew the money in the 50mil offer was there because he helped get some of it together

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    AJ is the one that said 50 million and I'll sign tomorrow.
                    File that in the same cylindrical metal container that we put Deontay's 'It's not about the money'. The 50 million offer and the 15m flat fee can both go in there at the same time, neither one was ever going to be accepted.

Finkel is not going to advise his client to sign away any right to a potential upside. Hearn is never going to advise his client to give up all his A side advantage and disrupt his longstanding lucrative commercial deals.

This talk will doubtless help build the eventual fight but that's all it remains.

Comment

Working...
                    X