No announcement yet.

Barry Hearn: "I would wait 2 years to fight Wilder"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
    I reread it again. I think he was a bit sheepish in his wording he did say about helping get the money together but he never outright said it was bt’s Money but I don’t think he would’ve helped without being cut in in one way or another
    They have a working relationship. Promoters, managers, etc call each other all the time on stuff. Only lawyers ask for payment for advice and I don’t think he was working in that capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
      Except for that time Wilder flew all the way to Russia to fight Povetkin
      How is that relevant?

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
        How is that relevant?
        You said

Finkel is not going to advise his client to sign away any right to a potential upside. Hearn is never going to advise his client to give up all his A side advantage and disrupt his longstanding lucrative commercial deals.
        I think I misinterpreted what you were saying. I thought you were saying that Finkel wouldn't advise Wilder to give away any right to being the A side.

But I'm assuming that you meant that Wilder wouldn't give away any potential money.

Comment

You said

I think I misinterpreted what you were saying. I thought you were saying that Finkel wouldn't advise Wilder to give away any right to being the A side.

But I'm assuming that you meant that Wilder wouldn't give away any potential money.
          Ah thanks, yes you've misinterpreted, perhaps I've not phrased it well.

I'm saying Finkel would no more advise Wilder to sign a flat fee and miss out on any upside if the fight outperforms expectations THAN Hearn would advise AJ to give up A side status in return for an up front guarantee that only exists because of AJ's commercial drawing power.

Or in other words both the flat fee offer and the 50 million are two sides of the same coin. Bull**** offers that were never going to be accepted.

Comment

People have been ignoring these Barry Hearn interviews to keep their own narrative going as far as who's to blame

Barry been said he would prefer that AJ put that fight off and I think that is what they're doing but Eddie is doing it with manipulation while Barr is just more brutally honest about it

I don't think AJ was joking when he said 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
              You obviously are making assumptions here.

1) This was NOT an Eddie Hearn interview
              Never said it was. Eddie debuts his latest talking points on IFL, and then everybody parrots him.

2) frank Warren and finkel have both confirmed intention was to use BT
              100% false. Finkel said there was no problem having the fight on Sky as long as Sky was willing to match BT's offer.

3) sky have an exclusive boxing deal with matchroom and Joshua. Any sky deal has to go through them therefore making assumptions re U.K. Side of the market irrelevant to some degree as they would have to agree that amount directly with Hearn himself!
              Doesn't work like that. You demand 50 million, they pay you 50 million, they own the rights to the fight. If you take the position of, I accept 50 million, but the fight has to be on Sky in the UK, then their position becomes, that's fine, as long as Sky is willing to pay fair market value.

Hearn is lying when he says the fight had to be on BT and therefore the 50 million offer wasn't made in good faith. Finkel said when the 50 million offer was made there was no issue having the fight on Sky as long as Sky made a fair offer.

Comment

"I would have waited 2 years to fight Wilder"

"I think Shelly Finkel wanted to cash in Wilder right away. I think that's crazy"

"If you [Josuhua] told me that you were going to retire in 6 months, then I'd tell you to fight Wilder now. If you're in in for the long run, then that fight can only get bigger."

this is the mayweather pacquiao model.

Comment

BT Sport = the demise of sport of in the UK. We thought more choice, no....two bills instead if you want to watch full coverage of fights/matches...hahaha what a joke! Bring back ITV.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                    I’m basing this based of an article on here from an interview with warren where he said the overall package included money from bt as well and he helped him put it all together.
                    Please provide the exact quote from Warren, with a link. Because Hearn is great at making AJ fans believe other people said things they didn't really say.

Comment

I'm happy to engage with you or indeed anyone here on the basis of assuming good faith on either side. Once you start using terms like lying that's no longer applicable. You wouldn't get away with using that term to my face and you won't online either.

If you withdraw it and refrain from making that kind of slur in future I'll be happy to respond to any of the points you've made.
                      I'm happy to engage with you as well, but you can't lie and then complain when somebody says you're lying. Wilder accepted the 15 million. So when you say he didn't accept, you're lying.

Up to you whether to consider it a slur or not. That's an opinion. I don't argue opinions. I argue facts. The fact is, he accepted.

Comment

Working...
                      X