No announcement yet.

Barry Hearn: "I would wait 2 years to fight Wilder"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    The WBA had already given Hearn more time twice, so yes, they forced the mandatory when Hearn didn't get Wilder's signature on the contract.
    How could he have gotten Wilder's signature on the contract when he was telling Wilder he needed a few more days to get a date?

If Hearn had to sign Povetkin within 24 hours, why did Povetkin's team say over a week later that they still didn't have a deal?

Hearn said the fight would be in 2019 AFTER he knew the Wilder fight wasn't happening. You're claiming that Hearn admitted he wasn't trying to make the fight for Oct/Nov time but for April instead, so I asked for evidence. So where's my evidence?
    I said by the time Finkel got a date, it was 2019. There was never a contract sent with a 2018 date, or any language guaranteeing the fight would be next.

https://www.***************.net/2018...ate-at-wembley

"Today I get a letter saying; ‘We’re not going to fight you next, but we’ll fight you the fight after that...and it will be April 13th at Wembley Stadium. So basically, he can tell me next year, but he can’t tell me a date for this year.”

“I never said to Eddie Hearn I would be sending back comments, I wrote to him saying I’m sending back the contract. And he knows the contract would have been signed.

“That’s why today, and all of a sudden, the WBA have turned around and given 24 hours.”

In fact, they send us an offer which is a flat-fee of $15m with a rematch clause, which we accepted, and then a date of September 15th at Wembley – which they knew was the date for Canelo. So, they never had the intention of doing it. How can you go the same day as Canelo?

“They are fighting Povetkin on a later date now so why couldn’t they offer that date to us?

“I asked them on Sunday what date and what venue and they wouldn’t tell us, because they never wanted to do this fight.”

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
      Just go on YouTube yourself. He said it in interviews with boxing voice, secondsout and ifltv as well I believe - all around the fury fight. Will be easy enough to find, rather than just call everyone liars because they don’t go along with your one-sided story.
      No no no, if you're going to claim Warren said something, give us the exact quote. Not your amateur analysis of what he said, or worse, Hearn's IFL interpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
        "I would have waited 2 years to fight Wilder"

"I think Shelly Finkel wanted to cash in Wilder right away. I think that's crazy"

"If you [Josuhua] told me that you were going to retire in 6 months, then I'd tell you to fight Wilder now. If you're in in for the long run, then that fight can only get bigger."

That's crazy. I don't really know too much about AJ vs Wilder drama, I haven't been following the negotiations, but at first I was thinking that Wilder is going to be the one to duck the fight, as he was only fighting no hopers, and I'm still very suspicious about Wilder's 50 million dollar offer... but in the last month or two, it increasingly looks like AJ's camp is the one trying to duck Wilder. This is a very bad look for them.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
          No, Eddie Hearn haters are the ones that lap up anything that resembles something close to circumstantial evidence to validate their hate. It's a cult of desperation.

When fans are grasping at Barry giving his own personal opinion, and trying to sway it as Eddie's opinion too, they're clutching.

Barry and Eddie are two different people. Just like you and I are two different people. You saying something doesn't equal me saying something..and thank ***** that's the case, because I don't want to be tarnished with the stupid bull***** you and some other people conjure up.
          Barry Hearn, aka the owner of Matchroom Boxing

Comment

Exposed.....

Comment

I'm calling BS, there is no way Barry would get in the ring with Wilder NOW, let alone in 2 years. Let's face it, he isn't getting any younger and his son is a fruit cake - and as the saying goes; like father, like son.

Comment

Originally posted by StefanTosic View Post
                at first I was thinking that Wilder is going to be the one to duck the fight, as he was only fighting no hopers
                Most of Wilder's defenses were against lower level guys from the WBC top 15. Respectable contenders, but nothing special, and certainly nobody regarded as top 5 in the overall world rankings. But once Wilder aggressively pursued a voluntary defense against King Kong, people should have given him the benefit of the doubt that he wanted to fight the best that were willing to fight him. After all, he did fly overseas to fight Povetkin. Wasn't his fault Povetkin failed multiple tests.

I'm still very suspicious about Wilder's 50 million dollar offer
                The offer was legit. Wilder was being guaranteed 12.5, the same Hearn had offered him to go to the UK. He likely would have made more than that, but worse come to worse, between US PPV, UK PPV, international TV, a big Vegas gate, etc, those funding the fight would have pretty safely at least broken even, only needing to come up with 62.5 in purses guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  No no no, if you're going to claim Warren said something, give us the exact quote. Not your amateur analysis of what he said, or worse, Hearn's IFL interpretation.
                  Nobody else is denying it was said. It doesn't matter what Hearn or anyone else thinks, here is no interpretation to be had. you can choose to ignore them or not but it was still very clearly made that BT were part of the deal. That would have been music to Eddie hearns ears for sure, as it just backs his story up.

It's irrelevant now anyway - Joshua hasn't a pretty tough fight (rank3) in Povetkin and wilder has fury to contend with.

Even despite fury being no where near his best, it will be a resume score for wilder so wth him and Ortiz this year it's a significant step up on previous years which only bodes we'll to building his profile (which has undoubtedly increased in America over last few months). That builds the Joshua fight up even more and brings it much closer to happening.

The most obvious thing for me is a collaboration between sky sports, DAZN and showtime.

Sky in U.K.
                  Showtime in USA
                  DAZN rest of the world + either highlights or delayed tape in USA.

I can't see why that couldn't be done and DAZN model already goes towards not being able to afford it outright ppv anyway so makes sense for them anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                    Nobody else is denying it was said.
                    How can we deny something was said when you refuse to say what was said? Post a quote.

Joshua hasn't a pretty tough fight (rank3) in Povetkin
                    AJ is a 20 to 1 favorite. Very few believe it's a tough fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                      Barry Hearn, aka the owner of Matchroom Boxing
                      Are you and your Dad the same person? You may have come from his nutsack, but you aren't him.

Comment

Working...
                      X