No announcement yet.

SHOWTIME PPV For Wilder v Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by qwickm3 View Post
    If they could find a way to make Hurd vs. Charlo the co main it would be huge! That's what they should shoot for
    Some of yall are so dim. Charlo's aint cheap, especially after the offer Hearn made, Showtime would have to match that. It's not possible on a undercard.

Wilder/Fury are probably demanding a set figure, so the undercard will most likely be crap. The higher the PPV is projected the more money Wilder and Fury will ask for. The crumbs will go the undercard fighters

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      you are playing a silly game with words if you intend to tell me you consider a man who didn't fight for years the champion of the world. it's not like he was inactive for a year. he didn't fight anybody in the top 100 for close to three years. he was suspended for an anabolic steroid, not some blood pressure medication. if that doesn't break lineage according to modern boxing writers they're a very sad lot of individuals.

ask those guys where they rank tyson fury and watch them start spinning in circles until they fall down.

It's happened many times before, Tyson being champ is standard.

You have a choice. You can either say Tyson Fury is lineal champion or you can rewrite the history of the title and turn some claimants into champions while other champions would be considered claimants.

I'll give you an example: Jim Corbett retires and announces the next fight for his title. Peter Maher wins and Corbett resigns his title to Maher, Fitz beats Maher. Why does every list or resource of champions skip Peter Maher? Because Corbett came out of retirement and reclaimed his title. Fitz fought Corbett and on that date is when Fitzsimmons is considered champion. No one lists Peter at all other than as a claimant, and no lists Fitz for his Peter win. Everyone goes by Corbett to Fitzsimmons.

I'm not saying you are wrong to think the way you do, lineal is subjective and unofficial, but the standard has been kept. Tyson didn't ever name a lineal after him or elect a fight for the lineage to continue through, all he did was retire. Corbett retired and placed his title on his replacement and it still got wiped away from history.
      Last edited by Marchegiano; 08-22-2018, 09:18 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• If this sells more than 300k PPVs it will make Clenelo look stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
          I think they will wait until Joshua-Povetkin and Canelo-GGG2 is out of the way. So End of September or Early October is when i expect the promotion to start.

Let's see how Showtime do. First PPV without Mayweather or Canelo in Years.
          They will need to at least make some noise in September and then really take off with it in October. I'm guessing they make the fight official either tomorrow or early next week. Gives Fury a bit of a time to cool off and spend some time with his family before the press conference.

Comment

• BT Sport & ShowTime need to put several videos on WorldStarHipHop, they will get tons of attention and traffic. I'm certain a lot of Americans visit that site.

Also BT need to put up posters in Liverpool, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Dublin, Belfast on the side of buses and bus stops and up on those massive billboards. Put several adverts in the main newspapers.

Get a bunch of famous US entertainers attending the fight, hopefully they tweet & Facebook & that draws interest from other famous faces.

ShowTime gotta do something similar awell.

Think out of the box small posters in the barbershops is another idea. Get people talking

Mean while Eddie and Joshua will go deep sea diving lol in November.
            Last edited by MoneyKing; 08-22-2018, 10:22 AM. Reason: .

Comment

• No annoucment on a date yet???

Seems November 17th is the date floating around

Comment

• Originally posted by abracada View Post
                Will this be sky sports ppv?
                No, BT Sport Box Office. Which will harm UK PPV Numbers, as Sky is the place to go for big numbers in the UK and Ireland.

Comment

• Originally posted by abracada View Post
                  I watch all big matches live, still remember the disappointment of May v Pac
                  I had to stay up until 6am to watch the fight in London. What a disgusting fight it turned out to be.

Comment

Brits ain't rolling with Tyson fury though. This ain't going to be like Hatton v Mayweather. You will most likely get fat, middle aged men who are gypsy's and hoodrats at the fight.

Joshua is the Star Fighter and Brits would give him a knighthood if they had a chance
                    Fooook Joshua

Comment

Brits ain't rolling with Tyson fury though. This ain't going to be like Hatton v Mayweather. You will most likely get fat, middle aged men who are gypsy's and hoodrats at the fight.

Joshua is the Star Fighter and Brits would give him a knighthood if they had a chance
                      This fight will sell trust me

Comment

Working...
                      X