Collapse
No announcement yet.

SHOWTIME PPV For Wilder v Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this will almost surely outsell canelo - golovkin. mark my words. HWs sell.

prior to oscar de la hoya there hadn't been a bonafide star outside of HW since ray leonard, marvin hagler, and tommy hearns, three of the best american boxers of all time who were fortunate enough to be around the same weight at the same time and made for maybe the best 147-160 lb era ever.

this era was unique. had to do with the exodus of american talent out of the HW division. turned "boring" floyd and even an asian pacquiao into stars in an era where they'd have normally been outshined by HW stars.

it's hard to comprehend what stars evander holyfield and mike tyson were. now i'm not saying wilder can hold their jocksstraps, i'm saying that they operate in the same market, and that the vacuum for a HW who is american and exciting is the very same!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      garbage PPV but i'll probably buy it
      Undefeated lineal world heavyweight champion vs. undefeated WBC world heavyweight champion is garbage? Plus, we don't even know the undercard yet. Espinoza has strongly hinted there will be a very big fight as chief support.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        See, I probably couldn't avoid holding off the entire night for the results. Like in my early 20s, I'd definitely just stay up. But now? Probably do what you do and just wake up for the fight. I'm guessing for fights like Canelo vs GGG you are definitely going to get up to watch? Lol
        I watch all big matches live, still remember the disappointment of May v Pac

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          Undefeated lineal world heavyweight champion vs. undefeated WBC world heavyweight champion is garbage? Plus, we don't even know the undercard yet. Espinoza has strongly hinted there will be a very big fight as chief support.

lineal world champion if you've got an agenda

Comment

lineal world champion if you've got an agenda
            He's the man who beat the man. Even Ring admits he's lineal champion, despite them stripping him of the Ring title. What is their agenda for referring to him as the lineal champion?

The vast vast majority of the media still considers him lineal world heavyweight champion. What's their agenda?

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              He's the man who beat the man. Even Ring admits he's lineal champion, despite them stripping him of the Ring title. What is their agenda for referring to him as the lineal champion?

The vast vast majority of the media still considers him lineal world heavyweight champion. What's their agenda?

you are playing a silly game with words if you intend to tell me you consider a man who didn't fight for years the champion of the world. it's not like he was inactive for a year. he didn't fight anybody in the top 100 for close to three years. he was suspended for an anabolic steroid, not some blood pressure medication. if that doesn't break lineage according to modern boxing writers they're a very sad lot of individuals.

ask those guys where they rank tyson fury and watch them start spinning in circles until they fall down.

Comment

you are playing a silly game with words if you intend to tell me you consider a man who didn't fight for years the champion of the world.
                It's not the first time. There have been lineal heavyweight champions with longer layoffs.

You are free to choose how valuable or worthless the lineal heavyweight title is.

For historians, who trace it back to the 1800s, it is a significant part of boxing heritage. If it doesn't matter to you, that's cool. But Fury is lineal champion according to most who matter.

Comment

Let's hope it does good numbers, if it's success winner have more power in undisputed fight negotiations. Americans like freak fights and this gonna be build as one.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    Plus you have the black vs white factor here. Wilder already is making his way into the entertainment business by being in that reality show with his fiance' or wife. I still think he needs to get on to one of the late night shows. ESPN will definitely be covering this as they have made boxing a priority on their network. They just can't get lazy and get out to the public late into the promotion. Need to start it ASAP. Get on first take now and then again the week of the fight. Get on HOT 97 and the other big radio shows now. Build this up properly.
                    I think they will wait until Joshua-Povetkin and Canelo-GGG2 is out of the way. So End of September or Early October is when i expect the promotion to start.

Let's see how Showtime do. First PPV without Mayweather or Canelo in Years.

Comment

• Originally posted by HughJass View Post
                      They're very good talkers, they have unbeaten records. Wilder has the devastating power who has knocked out almost all of his opponents.

Fury has the slick boxing skill that makes his opponents looks stupid and has made opponents quit!

Boxer vs puncher Great Britian vs America Champion vs Champion

This fight will do between 800k-950k
                      Brits ain't rolling with Tyson fury though. This ain't going to be like Hatton v Mayweather. You will most likely get fat, middle aged men who are gypsy's and hoodrats at the fight.

Joshua is the Star Fighter and Brits would give him a knighthood if they had a chance

Comment

Working...
                      X