Collapse
No announcement yet.

SHOWTIME PPV For Wilder v Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the response will be very positive. It's a great fight between two very marketable personalities. The disappointing PPV's we've seen lately (Ward-Kovalev for example) have been between incredibly boring personalities who couldn't sell water to a man dying in the desert. Wilder does great numbers on regular Showtime..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. EBT 97K View Post
      I know for sure that they’re gonna do more than 97k
      Okay, this made me chuckle lol.

Comment

Ward-Kovalev sold 150K. And that was between two of the most boring people in the sport.

Comment

Actually Fury humor will be received very well in the US probably more so than the UK! Get on on Fox Sports 1 and ESPN and let him just Rant and that will boost PPV Buys

The numbers will be Solid, might even EXCEED expectation IF Marketed Correctly. These are Heavyweights, haven't had a Heavyweight Boxing PPV in America in a LONG TIME but Heavyweights usually get the Casuals to come out. All will depend on how they market it and I don't think it should be the OLD BOXING MODEL of Marketing with "TV Commercials and Radio Commercials" no they have to be active on social media for this one. Need Celebrities talking about it, need Social Media Personalities with Millions of Followers talking about it.

Some of these Promoters could really take notes from KSI vs Logan Paul. I notice Promoters (Top Rank, GBP, Matchroom) they really don't use their own youtube pages much and neither have much of a following and that is the problem.

Ranting a bit yeah I think it can do well in the US, they build up a buzz over in the UK, now the big challenge is doing the same in the US
          Last edited by sicko; 08-21-2018, 12:16 PM.

Comment

All it is going to take to make this 800K to 1M US buys is Wilder and Fury going back and forth during halftime of a good NFL game, you know like the ones CBS airs (CBS is Showtime's parent company).

And we haven't even started on the ALL ACCESS episodes yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
              So it looks like Showtime are doing their first PPV since Mayweather v Mcgregor.

How do you think the numbers will do, remember PPV is around $50-70 between two relative unknown fighters in Wilder and Fury.

Fury's Humour may come across as cringy to the U.S. market, so the Mayweather-Mcgregor Press tour marketing tool may not work. Can't see it doing more than 300K, which is still double what Kovalev-Ward did.
              Will this be sky sports ppv?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Many of the people picking low #'s are the same ones who were skeptical about it happening. This fight does 500K plus. The Wilder-Fury announcement was the lead-in on SportsCenter. The build-up is going to be huge.
                Under 200k.

Canelo-GGG 2 and McGregor-Khabib are in the 2 months prior and are much better, bigger fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Manlikefemi View Post
                  That dosent translate into solid PPV Numbers does it doofus ?
                  We're about to find out. But Wilder definitely isn't an "unknown."

GGG's first PPV only did 150,000 buys. If Wilder does 300,000, I'd say that's a very very healthy PPV debut.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                    Under 200k.

Canelo-GGG 2 and McGregor-Khabib are in the 2 months prior and are much better, bigger fights.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                      Under 200k.

This is one of the drawbacks of putting the PPV on November. It comes at the heels of the two biggest PPV stars in America right now. Those two PPVs will do 1+ million buys and a lot of casuals will purchase it. And Wilder/Fury would need some of those casuals to drive up their buys. So for that reason it may make more sense going with Spence/Garcia in November and then Wilder/Fury in December. Or put Wilder/Fury in December and push Spence vs Garcia to January?

Comment

Working...
                      X