Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Pacquiao give Marquez immediate rematches???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    Dude, there are like, a hundred links on this. Marquez didn't want it. He said so. Not even 100 million would get him in the ring by his own admittance.

https://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sp...ao-fifth-fight
    Marquez didn't want what, lmao!!!??? That man felt unsatified, cheated and underpaid by Pac and Arum for 4 fights. He knocked the man unconscious. **** you mean he didn't want it lmao. He put Pac and Arum in a position that he was in and left them hanging. He didn't want it, lmao. He fought him four ****en times lol lol lol. Refusing a fifth means that he didn't want it hahahahhhahahahaha lol.

Comment

Yeah, it was a solid series for sure. I always liked watching both of them and they made for quite a rivalry. Marquez-Diaz I is still one of my favorite fights. Great action from beginning to end. And Pac-Marq IV was definitely the best of the series.

Here's to the sport we love, my friend.

Cheers, brother! Much respect as always!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
        Marquez didn't want what, lmao!!!??? That man felt unsatified, cheated and underpaid by Pac and Arum for 4 fights. He knocked the man unconscious. **** you mean he didn't want it lmao. He put Pac and Arum in a position that he was in and left them hanging. He didn't want it, lmao. He fought him four ****en times lol lol lol. Refusing a fifth means that he didn't want it hahahahhhahahahaha lol.
        Um........okay, man.

He turned down 60 million according to the article, but yeah. He "wanted" it. He KO'd him in the fourth fight and totally dominated and never went down himself. It would have been easy work which is why he turned down the biggest money offer ever.

Sure..............

Comment

Um........okay, man.

He turned down 60 million according to the article, but yeah. He "wanted" it. He KO'd him in the fourth fight and totally dominated and never went down himself. It would have been easy work which is why he turned down the biggest money offer ever.

Sure..............

He turned down a fifth fight because he felt satisfied period. You can't understand that because you're looking at the money that he could've made. Marquez is the epitome of blood sweat and tears so for you to say that he didn't want it when he TOLD you why he didn't need a fifth fight is hilarious to read. I'm surprised you had the gall to write that gutless thought lmao.

Comment

He turned down a fifth fight because he felt satisfied period. You can't understand that because you're looking at the money that he could've made. Marquez is the epitome of blood sweat and tears so for you to say that he didn't want it when he TOLD you why he didn't need a fifth fight is hilarious to read. I'm surprised you had the gall to write that gutless thought lmao.
            But in your previous posts you said that Marquez refused the 2nd fight because of money!

Secondly, how much did he make to fight someone else?

I said this a while ago. If he had retired after that, cool but he didn't.

So you do not win any of the 3 and beg …. then once you win, you do not give the opponent at least 1 rematch?

and I am a fan of both but hiring Memo, yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              Marquez was champ in fight 1 & 2, Pacquaio in fight 3 and 4 happened because nobody felt Pacquaio won 3.

At worst they are 2-2 on granting each other matches.
              yes and no.

the thing is that it was Manny who was becoming the attraction and Marquez was the one trying to get the big fights. The Morales and Barrera's were avoiding Marquez.

Manny stepped up 4 times!

Comment

Well the fight was a draw, in which Pac was robbed of a loss by a judge who did not know how to score it. AFter that Pac went up to super feather whereas JMM lost at feather if I'm not mistaken, to John. It was not a robbery by any stretch.

It took JMM 3 years to get to super feather where he faced a faded MAB and barely got by in a rather dull affair. The fact a second fight even happened and was a blockbuster was down to Pacs popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  But in your previous posts you said that Marquez refused the 2nd fight because of money!

Secondly, how much did he make to fight someone else?

I said this a while ago. If he had retired after that, cool but he didn't.

So you do not win any of the 3 and beg …. then once you win, you do not give the opponent at least 1 rematch?

and I am a fan of both but hiring Memo, yikes!

What "gall"....

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                    yes and no.

the thing is that it was Manny who was becoming the attraction and Marquez was the one trying to get the big fights. The Morales and Barrera's were avoiding Marquez.

Manny stepped up 4 times!
                    That's true Marquez was being avoided but he was still unified at 126 and gave Pacquaio a shot at something he wanted. That wasn't PPV Pacquaio. That was Pacquaio trying to establish his legacy. The re-match had Marquez as the champion and #1 at 130, thus having something Pacquaio wanted/needed. The decision was controversial and in need of a 3rd fight given that at least as many people felt Marquez won (probably majority especially of the ringside press that night).

Fast forward 3 years & 8 months the third fight at welterweight wasn't some charity act by Pacquaio. It was a cherry pick and they tried to take advantage of Marquez. They figured he looked crap in 2009 at 147 and was now 38 and ripe for the plucking. It was also Pacquaio's most bankable fight outside of a Mayweather fight. Marquez was robbed in this fight quite badly. Marquez remained his most bankable fight outside of Mayweather and Pacquaio needed to finally secure the legit win and get the monkey off his back.

Both brought things to the table hence why it was a classic series. The idea that Pacquaio was a charity act for Marquez for 8 years is preposterous.

Comment

IDK, but why didn't punk a55 JMM give Manny a rematch at all?

Comment

Working...
                      X