Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Pacquiao give Marquez immediate rematches???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
    Well said. And Pac made how much?
    $750k for fight 1 and he was offered that for fight 2. He ended up with $3m when they fought in 2008.

Pacquaio wasn’t TR promoted and had no such promises of a re-match pay raise though. Marquez stool to his principles.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      $750k for fight 1 and he was offered that for fight 2. He ended up with $3m when they fought in 2008.

Pacquaio wasn’t TR promoted and had no such promises of a re-match pay raise though. Marquez stool to his principles.
      The revenue went up for the rematch and that's why he got 3 mil. He had originally gotten only a $100,000 raise.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Marquez' standpoint was clear. After he ended the series ended which is what Pacquaio's camp said pre-fight he wanted to be the first Mexican to win a title in five weight classes and Bradley had the belt.

Around that time he started to wear down and get a lot of knee injuries and he knew those substantial offers were really just "We'll pay you to do anything we can to get the win over you". He was already 40 and he'd been robbed three times in his mind so obviously felt he'd get robbed again and thus lose out on something that gives him so much satisfaction which is how the series ended.

I always felt it was pretty sad that even to this day salty Pacquaio fans are calling him a coward (god I HATE when anyone says that about ANY fighter) and a pu$$y for not just rolling over so their idol can get a win over a 40+ inactive dude who's had multiple injuries and surgeries.

I can tell you respect him though and the Diaz I fight is one of my favorites. I went to that fight in Houston and in fact hung out with him in his hotel room the night before the fight. A friend of ours is the daughter of Rudy Hernandez who was close to Nacho Beristain and Marquez would get his trunks and robes from a lady in Bell (a city within LA county) and we brought them over. Marquez was very relaxed, seemed to have no nerves and even talking to him then Pacquaio was the fight/the official win he craved. I get the sense had he gotten the official win in 2008 he'd have probably retired a few years earlier. Selfishly I'm glad he didn't though. I've had the pleasure of going to see him 11 times live between he Barrera and Alvarado fights. I didn't go to the Juarez, Ramos and Fedchenko fights only.
        Hey, I'm a marquez fan really. I always liked watching him, similar to Salvador Sanchez imo with the great counter-punching. I like Pac too of course. I don't look at it as black and white "Gotta love one and hate the other" kind of thing. I understand what you're saying but I made my point to the OP who seems to be of the opinion that Pac was afraid of Marquez and I don't see how he can be when he gave him three rematches. By the same token, I wasn't saying Marquez was scared but I didn't think it was very cool to deny Pac a fifth fight and if it was a faux offer, I get it but this is why I generally don't go into debates about who said what or who wanted who. So many different people say so many different things. I mean, I never know who to trust on stuff like this.

Either way, good breakdown and it sounds like you got to meet a legend which is awesome!

Comment

I'll give it to you Pac fans. Even though you've been knocked out of boxing and are irrelevant to the game now lmao...you all do stick together when it comes to Pac, lmao.
          Dude, here's the thing. Trav and ChrisJS came at me with knowledge and respect in their posts. You come at me laughing and mocking my stance. You're acting very crudely toward me for no reason. I'm no die hard Pac fan. Like I said in another post, I'm a fan of both. This kind of behavior gets all kinds of beefs going and keeps them rolling on here non-stop with no substance to them at all.

Just a little advice. Come at me with respect next time or don't bother.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
            Hey, I'm a marquez fan really. I always liked watching him, similar to Salvador Sanchez imo with the great counter-punching. I like Pac too of course. I don't look at it as black and white "Gotta love one and hate the other" kind of thing. I understand what you're saying but I made my point to the OP who seems to be of the opinion that Pac was afraid of Marquez and I don't see how he can be when he gave him three rematches. By the same token, I wasn't saying Marquez was scared but I didn't think it was very cool to deny Pac a fifth fight and if it was a faux offer, I get it but this is why I generally don't go into debates about who said what or who wanted who. So many different people say so many different things. I mean, I never know who to trust on stuff like this.

Either way, good breakdown and it sounds like you got to meet a legend which is awesome!
            Yeah the notion that either guy was scared is crazy considering they fought four times LOL. I am a diehard Marquez fan he’s my favorite fighter of all-time bar none but it’s hard not have respect Pacquaio or have enjoyed his fights.

Comment

Dude, here's the thing. Trav and ChrisJS came at me with knowledge and respect in their posts. You come at me laughing and mocking my stance. You're acting very crudely toward me for no reason. I'm no die hard Pac fan. Like I said in another post, I'm a fan of both. This kind of behavior gets all kinds of beefs going and keeps them rolling on here non-stop with no substance to them at all.

Just a little advice. Come at me with respect next time or don't bother.
              The next time you start posting that Marquez didn't want it...in another thread...I'm going to roast you alive. And ball this answer up and throw it in the garbage. Don't ever insult us with your lunatic take on Marquez not wanting "it". Ever.

Comment

The next time you start posting that Marquez didn't want it...in another thread...I'm going to roast you alive. And ball this answer up and throw it in the garbage. Don't ever insult us with your lunatic take on Marquez not wanting "it". Ever.
                Whatever, man. Keep trying to bully your way into conversations. You'll be immensely popular and make lots of friends.

Comment

Whatever, man. Keep trying to bully your way into conversations. You'll be immensely popular and make lots of friends.
                  If that's what you call bullying...wait, lmao. Bullying...!!!??? Never ****en mind hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha lol. Ayo hahahahahahahahahahah lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueBox View Post
                    You don't know jack S**T about me !! I, on the other hand, know for a fact that you're just a D**K rider.
                    You’re upset because you know I am right.

Comment

Great post!

Comment

Working...
                      X