Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua Damaged Name in U.S., I'll KO Fury in Mid-Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
    Hold on. Let me get this straight. According to the AJ fans, AJ doesn't need to sign the contract but wilder does. Since wilder didn't sign the contract he's ducking. AJ doesn't have to only eddie Hearn does. Do i have this right? Lmao

This is the first time I've heard where a boxer doesn't need to sign to fight lmao
    In this case, its accurate. Hearn wants Wilder to sign a "just show up and fight" contract. There is no co-promotion. No one from Team Wilder gets any rights to make any money off the fight. Showtime would have to buy the rights directly from DAZN. All endorsement, gate, merch, misc sales go to Matchroom/DAZN. This is in part why Finkel said that the current contract is a worse deal than the proposed deal for a 2018 fight. That and the rematch clause, which Hearn still wants to favor Joshua.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      I know that Wilder is bitching and complaining because AJ's signature wasn't on his contract, and I know that is bullshit.

There is no reason at all for AJ to sign his opponent's contract.

Now you STFU fool, because you have no idea what you are talking about, as usual.
      Am surprised that some fans of this sport don't understand what a fighter signs and what a promoter that represents the fights signs.

Comment

• Originally posted by skrp155 View Post
        We'll see. I don't have time for the b/s arguments, but this time next year I expect Joshua will still have the better record and Wilder still won't have fought anybody noteworthy.
        If he fights Fury then he would have a good name on his resume, which means he has better leverage going into a AJ fight, am assuming the fury fight would be on PPV, which wouldbe his first too, its only a good thing for him to wait on the AJ fight, he would have eliminate Fury as an opponent for AJ and he would be able to ask for more money with his PPV appearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          Ok. I think that there are many who understand the Hearn signing for Joshua perspective but dislike the fact that Hearn and Joshua used misleading language for effect (particularly with casuals). The sending of a signed contract is publicity stunt, given that Hearn knew before sending it that the agreed upon terms for a 2018 fight were not agreeable for a April 2019 fight. Further, including language that says the contract is null after 22Sept only makes the move questionable at best. No one should expect any deal to be signed before the Joshua Povetkin contest is over.
          Hearn knew that Wilder wouldn't sign the contract before he sent it, so yes, it was a PR stunt. Wilder complaining about AJ's signature not being on it was also a PR stunt.

It would have been better if he's just said, "I'm not accepting any flat fee offers. I want a percentage"

Nobody could criticise him for that. If he wants a percentage cut, he should get one for a fight like this.

Comment

• i cant wait until povetkin kos aj! i cant wait to hear all the aj fanboys excuses lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Hearn knew that Wilder wouldn't sign the contract before he sent it, so yes, it was a PR stunt. Wilder complaining about AJ's signature not being on it was also a PR stunt.

It would have been better if he's just said, "I'm not accepting any flat fee offers. I want a percentage"

Nobody could criticise him for that. If he wants a percentage cut, he should get one for a fight like this.
              I agree. But to his credit, he was only mentioning that as support for his "they lie so much" statement. It wasn't an independent rant about the contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
                That's why Wilder wins all his fights. He tags you first and then comes in for the kill which you have no defense for. Why? Because you haven't trained for the windmills.
                Besides KO power in both hands, according to Wlad, Wilder is the quickest heavy he has been in the ring with. He has a good jab, great hook(s), combinations, and good footwork. Probably among the best stamina among the heavyweights. His chin has held up great as well.

When you add all the attributes to his desire and killer instinct, he is a tough guy for anyone to beat. We all know he's flawed here and there, but his awkward angles he throws from makes him even more dangerous.

Comment

• Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
                  Besides KO power in both hands, according to Wlad, Wilder is the quickest heavy he has been in the ring with. He has a good jab, great hook(s), combinations, and good footwork. Probably among the best stamina among the heavyweights. His chin has held up great as well.

When you add all the attributes to his desire and killer instinct, he is a tough guy for anyone to beat. We all know he's flawed here and there, but his awkward angles he throws from makes him even more dangerous.
                  Agree with a lot of that, bar a few.... Wilder is frequently off balance due to poor footwork and short of his Windmills his 'combinations' are generally just 1-2's where he paws out the left to hide the right.

Comment

• That is interesting. Could you please show citation of that having the same legal upholding and stature so everyone has this info for the future?

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
                    Having Hearn's signature on the contract has the same legal effect as having Joshua's name on the contract. Making so much of such an inconsequential detail isn't a good look for Wilder's team in terms of this Joshua/Wilder narrative, but it keeps the fangirls happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Travycat View Post
                      That is interesting. Could you please show citation of that having the same legal upholding and stature so everyone has this info for the future?
                      It's just basic contractual principles. If you want me to go into more detail then ask, but here is a very basic version.

Hearn has the promotional rights to Anthony Joshua and has sent a contractual offer to Finkel. The offer is valid at law (this is a slightly complex legal area but I can add details if you want as to why the offer is valid).

Given that it is a valid offer, a binding offer will be created at the point of acceptance of that offer by the party to whom it's addressed (Finkel) unless it is revoked by the offering party prior to acceptance or after the passing of a reasonable time.

Now that a contract exists at law, if Hearn breaches the terms which are stipulated the contract then Finkel will be entitled to sue for breach of contract and claim contractual remedies.

In practical terms this means that the non-defaulting party is entitled to recover what they would have recovered had the contract been performed correctly. In our case this $15m, plus any losses which were "in the reasonable expectations of the parties" (additional revenue over and above the contract fee, so a share of PPV sales etc.)

Do you think Hearn wants to subject himself to that?.... nah.

Comment

Working...
                      X