Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua Damaged Name in U.S., I'll KO Fury in Mid-Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting. All very interesting.

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
    It's just basic contractual principles. If you want me to go into more detail then ask, but here is a very basic version.

Hearn has the promotional rights to Anthony Joshua and has sent a contractual offer to Finkel. The offer is valid at law (this is a slightly complex legal area but I can add details if you want as to why the offer is valid).

Given that it is a valid offer, a binding offer will be created at the point of acceptance of that offer by the party to whom it's addressed (Finkel) unless it is revoked by the offering party prior to acceptance or after the passing of a reasonable time.

Now that a contract exists at law, if Hearn breaches the terms which are stipulated the contract then Finkel will be entitled to sue for breach of contract and claim contractual remedies.

In practical terms this means that the non-defaulting party is entitled to recover what they would have recovered had the contract been performed correctly. In our case this $15m, plus any losses which were "in the reasonable expectations of the parties" (additional revenue over and above the contract fee, so a share of PPV sales etc.)

Do you think Hearn wants to subject himself to that?.... nah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Travycat View Post
      Interesting. All very interesting.
      I’m not trying to be funny but, what’s the point of quoting this poster?

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
        I’m not trying to be funny but, what’s the point of quoting this poster?
        What's the problem, champ?

Comment

Interesting. All very interesting.
          *edit* in the second paragraph it should say that a valid offer creates a "binding contract" not a "binding offer" - that was a typo.

To be honest, there's a shitload of shenanigans going on over this fight, and I genuinely believe that it's getting built by both sides...

At least, that's what I think the plan originally was - Fury has thrown a HUGE spanner in the works and it kind of suggests that Finkel and Hearn might not be colluding after all.

I imagine Hearn's over the moon in any case. He clearly wants any excuse to match Joshua with Whyte and put the Wilder fight off further - and now he has that, especially with this WBO nonsense that's just come out.

Plus, Wilder fighting Fury will build Wilder's profile in the UK massively.

Comment

• (I guess someone not involved in our convo doesn't like the quoting lol). And yeah it's all getting crazy. We've finally got some great potential matchups in the HW division and the suits are pointing fingers and keeping them from happening on some level. Glad Fury is (hopefully) taking one next. Then I just read on here the WBO is forcing AJ to make a mandatory defense after Povetkin. Aye aye aye.

*edit* in the second paragraph it should say that a valid offer creates a "binding contract" not a "binding offer" - that was a typo.

To be honest, there's a shitload of shenanigans going on over this fight, and I genuinely believe that it's getting built by both sides...

At least, that's what I think the plan originally was - Fury has thrown a HUGE spanner in the works and it kind of suggests that Finkel and Hearn might not be colluding after all.

I imagine Hearn's over the moon in any case. He clearly wants any excuse to match Joshua with Whyte and put the Wilder fight off further - and now he has that, especially with this WBO nonsense that's just come out.

Plus, Wilder fighting Fury will build Wilder's profile in the UK massively.

Comment

(I guess someone not involved in our convo doesn't like the quoting lol). And yeah it's all getting crazy. We've finally got some great potential matchups in the HW division and the suits are pointing fingers and keeping them from happening on some level. Glad Fury is (hopefully) taking one next. Then I just read on here the WBO is forcing AJ to make a mandatory defense after Povetkin. Aye aye aye.
              Absolutely. Finally the Heavyweight scene is getting interesting again; not just in terms of fights but in terms of drama. I'm certain Wilder Joshua will happen; and when it does it will be a huge event (provided neither loses their next fights) and should give us a satisfying conclusion... Two big punching, vulnerable heavyweights - someone's getting knocked out and there are gonna be a lot of sad fangirls around here - they'll probably go into hiding.

Even if we don't look at Wilder v Joshua, both of them have very good opponents coming up in Povetkin and Fury.

Joshua's fans will say Fury's coming off a 2 year coke binge
              Wilder's fans will say Povetkin is nothing without PEDs and wasn't much good before that anyway

The reality is that Fury and Povetkin should both be considered live dogs in their fights (provided Fury looks good against Pianeta which I have no doubt he will)

The fangirls on both sides are irritating. But let's face it, it's good that we've got heavyweights who are getting people interested again. Should be fun to watch how things pan out.

Comment

• So very true. You can't make everyone happy, especially on here. I'm just wanting these fights to get made while these guys are in their primes. Seeing all of them finally fighting each other at 37 (which seems to be happening more and more the past 5 years throughout the weight classes) isn't of much interest to me (and hopefully everyone). Have a good one.

Absolutely. Finally the Heavyweight scene is getting interesting again; not just in terms of fights but in terms of drama. I'm certain Wilder Joshua will happen; and when it does it will be a huge event (provided neither loses their next fights) and should give us a satisfying conclusion... Two big punching, vulnerable heavyweights - someone's getting knocked out and there are gonna be a lot of sad fangirls around here - they'll probably go into hiding.

Even if we don't look at Wilder v Joshua, both of them have very good opponents coming up in Povetkin and Fury.

Joshua's fans will say Fury's coming off a 2 year coke binge
                Wilder's fans will say Povetkin is nothing without PEDs and wasn't much good before that anyway

The reality is that Fury and Povetkin should both be considered live dogs in their fights (provided Fury looks good against Pianeta which I have no doubt he will)

The fangirls on both sides are irritating. But let's face it, it's good that we've got heavyweights who are getting people interested again. Should be fun to watch how things pan out.

Comment

So very true. You can't make everyone happy, especially on here. I'm just wanting these fights to get made while these guys are in their primes. Seeing all of them finally fighting each other at 37 (which seems to be happening more and more the past 5 years throughout the weight classes) isn't of much interest to me (and hopefully everyone). Have a good one.
                  I think, (and hope) we'll see the fight long before there's any suggestion that these guys aren't in their primes.

Peace!

Comment

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                    Joshua stated that he wants to be a billionaire; the US ppv market is the only way to get there in boxing.
                    Which fighter has EVER become a billionaire!?

Comment

• Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                      Lmao! Seriously.. tap out hoe!. I will rip ur fu cking arm off!
                      My point exactly. Dumbass.

Comment

Working...
                      X