Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Golovkin, Sanchez Don't Know What 'Mexican Style' Is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    And yet his fighters still dont move their damn heads
    Abel trains his fighters to move their opponents heads with punches, which is why so many of them became world champions.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with Joe Joyce now. The Juggernaut and Abel should be a perfect fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing 956 View Post
      I'm Mexican and yes its an EMBARRASSMENT. Its sad that canelo as a Mexican and comes from a Mexican gym doesnt fight like a true Mexican should.
      tu eres un cangrejo, we have plenty of those in mexico...

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
        Anyone that says GGG doesn’t have a version of the style of some past Mexican fighters, including Canelos team, doesn’t know the history of Mexican Style fighters. Guys like Chavez Sr, Ricardo Lopez, Eric Morales, and Marco Antonio Barrera all had a direct style of being the aggressor and pressuring the opponent. It’s a style that “pursues" the opponent around the ring, throwing powerful punches, while absorbing some to the chin. Generally there's inside fighting, a lot of bodypunching, an attempt to take the heart from the opponent. It has a little bob and weave head movement involved to get inside. The general idea behind the Mexican style is to keep a more square stance and throw a lot of lead right hands. So the past Great Mexican fighters had more of an entertaining, aggressive style of fighting. It’s a style meant to please the crowd that wants a war between boxers.

The American style is more what Canelo fought in the first fight. It’s a style that resembles more of what Mayweather Jr. or Sugar Ray Leonard looked like in the ring. Their style is a lot more slick and tactical and focussing on not getting hit and then hitting. And they become aggressive when an opponent gets hurt. It’s a lot of sharp counter punching.

To be fair, GGG really made up that term to win over Mexican fight fans but his style does resemble the style of past Mexican fighters more so than Canelos did in the 1st fight. Canelo resembled more of Mayweather than Chavez Sr in the 1st fight. That’s what GGG’s team is trying to say.
        chavez sr him self after the fight said ggg didnt show a mexican style, and not only that but he also had canelo winning the fight...

Comment

Canelo and team are right...because you can say ggg also fights with a Thi style, a Japanese style, A Ghanan style or a Colombian style or a Filipino style. The fact is if you do not get tought or dont learn defence and a certain technique of handling different styles you will fight like ggg no matter where in the world your from.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
            Canelo and Chepo rapinGGG Gennadyovich Muslim XD XD XD
            You stupid fooking khunt, GGG is Eastern Orthodox. CHRISTIAN you shine. Maybe I should stereotype you as a stupid coon from the ghetto. Learn how to read and spell moron.

Comment

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
              Embarrassment to Mexico?
              Are you Even Mexican to claim that?
              Just to note; I heard it from plenty of Mexicans.

Personally no one individual represents a country or group. Canelo only represents himself in that ring, not all Mexico or Mexicans.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                cant tell another fighter how to fight, your job is to adjust and get the job done..all the elite fighters in history knew how to adjust
                His job is to train his guy obviously. What he is trying to do and I really do not care, not sure why some of you guys get all out of breath over it, is to get his opponent to fight a style that he thinks will be better for his guy (GGG).

All Sanchez is doing is trying to play a mind game with Canelo. Basically calling him out to fight like he said he would.

I also believe Sanchez does want to see a toe to toe fight just like every boxing fan prefers to see. The preference is even stronger in the Mexican and Mexican-American community.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                  chavez sr him self after the fight said ggg didnt show a mexican style, and not only that but he also had canelo winning the fight...
                  I believe he later backtracked and said he had it a draw.

Golovkin was the aggressor, Canelo was fairly consistently backing up. He wasn't running but he definitely was not looking to engage consistently.

I take Chavez with a grain of salt given his position in Mexico. I know he knows that Golovkin's style even in that fight was what typical Mexican fans expect of their fighters. Canelo definitely wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                    I believe he later backtracked and said he had it a draw.

Golovkin was the aggressor, Canelo was fairly consistently backing up. He wasn't running but he definitely was not looking to engage consistently.

I take Chavez with a grain of salt given his position in Mexico. I know he knows that Golovkin's style even in that fight was what typical Mexican fans expect of their fighters. Canelo definitely wasn't.

Its not only "typical Mexican fans" its typical fans in general. Look at "fights of the year " through out the years and see what kind of fights they are. People in general like bloody action fights.

Comment

Originally posted by eternalfighter View Post
                      Its not only "typical Mexican fans" its typical fans in general. Look at "fights of the year " through out the years and see what kind of fights they are. People in general like bloody action fights.
                      I agree with you. I think though it is even a stronger sentiment with Mexican fans. But yes, pretty much everyone wants to see guys in the pocket and willing to engage.

Comment

Working...
                      X