Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Golovkin, Sanchez Don't Know What 'Mexican Style' Is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
    I agree with you. I think though it is even a stronger sentiment with Mexican fans. But yes, pretty much everyone wants to see guys in the pocket and willing to engage.
    I think you think that because it gets "highlighted" so much in the U.S. thats how they build stereotypes of fans, fighters and pretty much everything in general.

Comment

Originally posted by eternalfighter View Post
      I think you think that because it gets "highlighted" so much in the U.S. thats how they build stereotypes of fans, fighters and pretty much everything in general.
      Somewhat true but I have lived in Mexico and been around boxing for over 30 years. There is a stronger sentiment in the Mexican community for their boxers to engage in pitched battles than let's say the black/African American community.

Their is generally some element of truth in stereotypes.

Comment

Somewhat true but I have lived in Mexico and been around boxing for over 30 years. There is a stronger sentiment in the Mexican community for their boxers to engage in pitched battles than let's say the black/African American community.

Their is generally some element of truth in stereotypes.
        Somewhat true about stereotypes but in this case i think its been totally blown out of proportion to make it look a certain way or at least exaggerate when its actually very similar.

Comment

I believe he later backtracked and said he had it a draw.

Golovkin was the aggressor, Canelo was fairly consistently backing up. He wasn't running but he definitely was not looking to engage consistently.

I take Chavez with a grain of salt given his position in Mexico. I know he knows that Golovkin's style even in that fight was what typical Mexican fans expect of their fighters. Canelo definitely wasn't.
          no he didnt... chavez didnt liked canelo as much as ggg before the fight, given the beating he put on his son...
          he was very critical of ggg after the fight, and gave canelo lots of props... the interviews and post game shows from a los golpes are still in youtube, you should watch them...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
            no he didnt... chavez didnt liked canelo as much as ggg before the fight, given the beating he put on his son...
            he was very critical of ggg after the fight, and gave canelo lots of props... the interviews and post game shows from a los golpes are still in youtube, you should watch them...
            I have watched many of his clips. He isn’t going to go out and rip on Canelo and piss off a large amount of Mexican fans. It will also look would look like jealously.

He came out of the fight and immediately said Canelo won. Then later I’m 80% sure he said it was a draw. But I will look for that clip. I remember because he was about the only non GB boxer to say it. I could be mistaken and maybe it was Erik Morales.

I do not believe JCC is completely impartial. Not saying I will not listen to him as facts are facts and those can come from any side.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
              You stupid fooking khunt, GGG is Eastern Orthodox. CHRISTIAN you shine. Maybe I should stereotype you as a stupid coon from the ghetto. Learn how to read and spell moron.
              ???

I'm a gringo puta...

Also, Khazakhstan is MUSLIM.

Is funny that a troll has to be racist and BIGOOPPACUCK doesnt fix it. BigCUCK only cares if you call him out for being racist against MexiCANS XD XD XD JAJA

Comment

Abel Sanchez and Golovkin in the end became great friends. The End.

Comment

Working...
                X