Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Golovkin, Sanchez Don't Know What 'Mexican Style' Is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo Sept 15th 2017
    "I'm ready to go! The talking has been done, we have weighed-in and now it is about getting in the ring and fighting. I'm ready to show how a true Mexican fights,” said Canelo. “I am going to give the fans a special fight - a real fight. I am ready for him and whatever he comes with. If he wants to stand toe-to-toe I will not back down. However he wants to fight I am ready."

Canelo Aug 10th 2018
    “The Mexican style isn’t like that,” Canelo told the Los Angeles Times. “I don’t know where they get that, about how the Mexican style is to go forward and to punch and get punched. That’s not the Mexican style."

So last year a couple of days before the fight he says he's going fight "Mexican Style" & not back down. This year he has no idea where Sanchez/Golovkin got the meaning from?

He's right, it's not about coming forward & being a punching bag. It's all about machismo & not backing down from your opponent...something he already lost huge respect for. Still trying in vain to save face. Good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
      Canelo's been adding new wrinkles to his game,
      taking different elements from his opponent's styles.
      His style has not become more boring, it's become
      more interesting and versatile. I understand that
      can be frustrating to watch if you think of boxing as
      rock-em sock-em robots. Everyone loves a shootout
      but it's supposed to be chess, not checkers.
      Those who can avoid getting hit, do avoid getting hit.
      Those who can't avoid it claim it's "Mexican Style".
      I disagree. I think his fight with cotto was less than what people expected, I think his fight with Chavez jr absolutely sucked, and his fight vs ggg definitely underwhelmed considering all of the anticipation leading into the fight. Canelo had no problem calling mayweather and Lara boring so why should he get a pass?

Comment

Good answer from Team-Canelo! Why concede that the "Mexican Style" is hit & BE hit? Brainless rock em' sock em' brawling is made for DUM DUMS! I don't know if Canelo was stupid enough to eat contaminated meat in Mexico - meat that was PUBLICISED to be CONTAMINATED for all of 6 yrs, OR if he was intentionally cycling clenbuterol like a bonafide cheat in desprerate need of his peoples 'love, adoration' & MONEY!.....either way, he was DUMB to let what happened happen!

But as for his "style"(?!), he's put some thought into it. BIG PROPS for that! He fought GGG well in my opinion, Maywather would have TOTALLY shut down that "come forward" zimbot motorized brainless brawling "style." Golovkin is NOT devoid of 'skilz' as he "comes in," but he sure does "come in" a lot - with the occasional circling mode and head movement before he decides to "come in" again..... Canelo may have his stamina issues, but he isnt some mindless brawler that believes his culture in boxing is relegated to The Walking Dead in swing mode......

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          I disagree. I think his fight with cotto was less than what people expected, I think his fight with Chavez jr absolutely sucked, and his fight vs ggg definitely underwhelmed considering all of the anticipation leading into the fight. Canelo had no problem calling mayweather and Lara boring so why should he get a pass?
          If you think the Canelo-Cotto fight was uninteresting,
          that's probably because Cotto moved around so much.
          You don't seem to appreciate fighters who box & move
          or fight defensively. If the fight against Chavez sucked,
          it's probably because Chavez kept his hands up, moved,
          and refused to throw many punches. Canelo was the
          aggressor in both fights. We can agree to disagree
          about the Canelo-Golovkin fight. I was impressed by
          Canelo's upper-body movement and defensive skill,
          and I saw Golovkin being reluctant to engage Canelo
          until the later rounds. You may have found that fight
          underwhelming, but I was on the edge of my seat.
          Canelo may have called Mayweather 'boring', but I
          don't think it effected Mayweather's market value.
          Fans love paying to see fighter's they dislike the most
          so I doubt Canelo's market value will be effected by
          some people thinking he's boring. He's the man you
          love to hate now.

Comment

Pednelo is partly right. It’s stupid for the Mexican style to be about going forward and absorbing punishment to land punches.
            But more times than not I’ve seen Mexicans use that style.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
              If you think the Canelo-Cotto fight was uninteresting,
              that's probably because Cotto moved around so much.
              You don't seem to appreciate fighters who box & move
              or fight defensively. If the fight against Chavez sucked,
              it's probably because Chavez kept his hands up, moved,
              and refused to throw many punches. Canelo was the
              aggressor in both fights. We can agree to disagree
              about the Canelo-Golovkin fight. I was impressed by
              Canelo's upper-body movement and defensive skill,
              and I saw Golovkin being reluctant to engage Canelo
              until the later rounds. You may have found that fight
              underwhelming, but I was on the edge of my seat.
              Canelo may have called Mayweather 'boring', but I
              don't think it effected Mayweather's market value.
              Fans love paying to see fighter's they dislike the most
              so I doubt Canelo's market value will be effected by
              some people thinking he's boring. He's the man you
              love to hate now.
              I actually appreciate boxing and the concept of hitting and not getting hit. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy in Canelos statements when it comes to that style of boxing. He was critical of it in the past when he was trying to make a point about taking the Mexican ppv dates, and putting blame on lara for a lackluster fight. But now that he was the one moving around the ring, he's changed his tune. As far as cotto and lara's styles being to blame for the fights being uneventful, I've seen angulo and Hurd able to make exciting fights vs lara because they pressed and took chances. Chances that Canelo didn't take. I've hardly ever seen cotto in a dull fight whether he was the aggressor or the mover (like he was both times vs Margarito) . And with a zombie like Chavez jr, Canelo should've found a way to get him out there. At some point it needs to be understood that Canelo plays a role in these fights being less than what fans want as well.

Comment

Canelo will fight Clenstyle....GGG will fight Mexicanish...and Canelo will leave the ring will the belts. Then drop the WBC rather than fight Charlo.

Comment

Canelita knows damn well the “Mexican style” is rock em sock em robots ala margarito/Brandon Rios. He came forward against guys like Kirkland and Kahn...why won’t he do that now???

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    I actually appreciate boxing and the concept of hitting and not getting hit. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy in Canelos statements when it comes to that style of boxing. He was critical of it in the past when he was trying to make a point about taking the Mexican ppv dates, and putting blame on lara for a lackluster fight. But now that he was the one moving around the ring, he's changed his tune. As far as cotto and lara's styles being to blame for the fights being uneventful, I've seen angulo and Hurd able to make exciting fights vs lara because they pressed and took chances. Chances that Canelo didn't take. I've hardly ever seen cotto in a dull fight whether he was the aggressor or the mover (like he was both times vs Margarito) . And with a zombie like Chavez jr, Canelo should've found a way to get him out there. At some point it needs to be understood that Canelo plays a role in these fights being less than what fans want as well.
                    I respect your opposing opinion.
                    It just comes down to, either you like him or you dont.
                    But almost everybody is hypocrite at one time or another
                    especially a younger man like Canelo. Even Golovkin can
                    be called a hypocrite for promising a 'big drama show'
                    and not always delivering, especially when he carefully
                    and methodically broke down David Lemieux. Even in his
                    last match, specifically picking to fight a small,
                    semi-retired Vanes, when he always boats about
                    wanting to defend and unify titles. That was as bad,
                    or worse, than Canelo choosing to defend his title
                    against Khan.
                    Nobody is perfect, and most people are not
                    everything they claim to be. Fortunately actions speak
                    louder than words, and both these guys are brave
                    enough to make these fights happen.
                    May the best man win in uncontroversial fashion this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                      Canelo and Chepo rapinGGG Gennadyovich Muslim XD XD XD
                      GGG is not a Muslim.

Comment

Working...
                      X